Forum › Anime season

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Ahahahahha this is fucking amazing! Even with his bangs they managed to make Gohan job!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

If you are going for My hero I recommend the manga instead, great drawing !
For anime kill la kill should suffice ... or Kiznaiver (but the first 6 episodes are kind of... "Ok")

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I love how the yumikuri moment/s in episode 5 is almost being completely overshadowed by the confirmation(?) that ymir is now dead in the manga. They seem to have released the chapter and this episode at the same time and it almost feels intentional and I want to believe it is.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 12:45AM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I love how the yumikuri moment/s in episode 5 is almost being completely overshadowed by the confirmation(?) that ymir is now dead in the manga. They seem to have released the chapter and this episode at the same time and it almost feels intentional and I want to believe it is.

Wait what?? Am I glad that I don't read the manga now... well, there are a host of other reasons, but this is another one to add to the pile... uh, so what happened to her anyway? I thought she hasn't showed up for like 2 years, so did she show up just to die or was she killed off-screen?

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Wait what?? Am I glad that I don't read the manga now... well, there are a host of other reasons, but this is another one to add to the pile... uh, so what happened to her anyway? I thought she hasn't showed up for like 2 years, so did she show up just to die or was she killed off-screen?

Killed off-screen is what I'm hearing.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

So when Isayama praised Life is Strange as a yuri masterpiece, he was actually in it for the dead lesbian trope?

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Not dead until we see her die. I'm sure we'll see her again.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Not dead until we see her die. I'm sure we'll see her again.

Yes, that's why I placed the question mark over there; it's not too definitive after all. With that said, I was referring more to everyone's reaction and how it overshadowed the anime's new episode.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

So when Isayama praised Life is Strange as a yuri masterpiece, he was actually in it for the dead lesbian trope?

Crap, I wasn't expecting that kind of spoiler for Life is Strange. From what I understand, though, I hear there are a few different endings, so I'm hoping there's a good end in there too... well, at any rate, I need to get around to playing that game before I get spoiled any more. It is pretty interesting though that he's a fan of LiS; who knows, maybe he'll decide to add in more yuri later in.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

In other news, Tales of Zestiria's final episode just aired 1 month after the previous episode and oh my god they actually turned up and crammed in a lot of moments for the gay ships in the epilogue. They could have easily just made them go their separate ways but nope, Ufotable's going to make sure that one-month long wait was worth it. Even when they did make a number of scenes for these pairings in the course of the show, the epilogue is on a whole other level. It still feels surreal that they actually did that.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Look how lovely they look together (Shingeki)
http://i.4cdn.org/a/1493528407971.jpg
This is love

joined Jan 8, 2016

Look how lovely they look together (Shingeki)
http://i.4cdn.org/a/1493528407971.jpg
This is love

https://zippy.gfycat.com/BogusMatureGander.webm

joined Mar 25, 2013

In other news, Tales of Zestiria's final episode just aired 1 month after the previous episode and oh my god they actually turned up and crammed in a lot of moments for the gay ships in the epilogue. They could have easily just made them go their separate ways but nope, Ufotable's going to make sure that one-month long wait was worth it. Even when they did make a number of scenes for these pairings in the course of the show, the epilogue is on a whole other level. It still feels surreal that they actually did that.

You mean this? http://i.4cdn.org/u/1493479109274.webm

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Yes, although the video you're linking only shows a portion of the scenes between the two. There's much more after that.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Yes, although the video you're linking only shows a portion of the scenes between the two. There's much more after that.

I was debating on whether or not to watch the anime. I tried the game, but that kind of combat isn't fun for me. I did think it was more fujo based on the two MCs interaction (the male MC and the spirit(?) that is). I liked how the story started but the gameplay was too much for me, so I may end up watching the anime. Plus it's Ufotable, their animations are gorgeous.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I was debating on whether or not to watch the anime. I tried the game, but that kind of combat isn't fun for me. I did think it was more fujo based on the two MCs interaction (the male MC and the spirit(?) that is). I liked how the story started but the gameplay was too much for me, so I may end up watching the anime. Plus it's Ufotable, their animations are gorgeous.

I actually think it's better to watch the anime without much knowledge or attachment to the game, since the anime breaks a lot of the rules the game establishes so a lot of tales fans (on tumblr at least) hate the anime. It breaks so much rules and diverges so far from the events of the game; although I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Ufotable already had a lot of materials in the game to work with for both pairings so it's not exactly out of nowhere. It's just surprising they amped it up to that extent. They were pushing that border between subtext and outright confirmation pretty hard in that finale.

ufotable definitely brought their A game for this anime in terms of visuals at least. It's especially obvious here too since each seraphim (or spirit as you called them) has their own element so they can actually show off a bunch of special effects. It also has 3D dragons.

Anyways, since this is dynasty after all, I have to mention that yuri wise there's the redhead + her blonde princess that takes matters into her own hands. Hm, kind of sounds familiar. Main character paired up with his childhood best friend is very sweet too.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Anyways, since this is dynasty after all, I have to mention that yuri wise there's the redhead + her blonde princess that takes matters into her own hands. Hm, kind of sounds familiar. Main character paired up with his childhood best friend is very sweet too.

I'll watch it sometime soon then. I'm currently slightly obsessed with Diablo 2 (again) and when that runs it's course I'll probably watch it. (Frozen Orb ftw)

I thought of Izetta too when I saw them xD Supposedly there was a live event recently (for Izetta) and the seiyuus ramped up the yuri.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

I thought of Izetta too when I saw them xD Supposedly there was a live event recently (for Izetta) and the seiyuus ramped up the yuri.

Oh man, I would love to see that!

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

I seriously only ask for one thing, and that is for Yagakimi to be adapted. Everyday I think about this. I still think Citrus is going to be adapted by a cheap studio, like NTR. Not that they don't deserve a weak studio, though.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I seriously only ask for one thing, and that is for Yagakimi to be adapted. Everyday I think about this.

Basically my life right now lol

I still think Citrus is going to be adapted by a cheap studio, like NTR. Not that they don't deserve a weak studio, though.

The teaser visual wasn't that bad. Didn't look functional, but it was not that bad. Reminds me NTR is airing next season. Will be fun seeing people's reactions to it.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

There's a teaser? LOL

The giant image on the official site: http://citrus-anime.com

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

still hoping that this garbage getting animated open ways for actual good yuri, or at least decent ones.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

still hoping that this garbage getting animated open ways for actual good yuri, or at least decent ones.

Japan probably went to find the most popular Yuri manga and adapt that for a cash grab instead of adapting a Yuri masterpiece like Octave.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

flips posted:

Kase san? :D

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Japan probably went to find the most popular Yuri manga and adapt that for a cash grab instead of adapting a Yuri masterpiece like Octave.

Octave is probably too old... Don't know which magazine it ran on (is it a dead one?).

flips posted:

Kase san? :D

It's basically the best possible manga to get an adaptation, of all the yuri mangas we are aware of... that are on a currently alive-and-running magazine.. or maybe... the... um... Yuri Mekuru Hibi series...

:p

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 10:36PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.