Forum › Anime season

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Virgin Soul is looking great! The new protag turns into a dragon whenever she's turned on by a hot guy, apparently lol

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Hopefully Re:creators doesn't turn to shit in the next few episodes. I'm already shipping occult shark teeth girl with the pink magical girl.

last edited at Apr 8, 2017 12:18AM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Harsh. Apparently the massive animation team at Kyoani found something endearing in that series despite it looking like shit. Never judge a book by its cover as they say.

KyoAni are like Pixar, they don't give a shit what they animate, they will still commit their skills to it 100%.

Still doesn't change the fact that Cool is a lazy bastard when it comes to his art.

His closeups on eyes are effective though but everything else is a huge improvement over the original even if it is KyoAni.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Apparently the massive animation team at Kyoani found something endearing in that series despite it looking like shit.

It probably went something like this:

Staff 1: Hibike did rlly well. Yuri tease sure sells. Let's find another one.
Staff 2: How about this Maid Dragon manga? It's yuri comedy with dragon girls & bewbies.
Staff 1: Is the yuri rlly blatant?
Staff 2: Yes.
Staff 1: Is the yuri ever gonna be canon?
Staff 2: Doesn't seem like it.
Staff 1: Perfect.

:P

joined Jan 8, 2016

too much cg in frame girls!!! sucks to see anime quality getting worse than better....
even chi sweet home is cg!!
9 year older original strike witches far superior than brave witch
anime is dead!!!

Citrus will save Anime.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Citrus will save Anime.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Can anyone redpill me on what's the deal with Eureka Seven Ao? I've heard it's not as good as the first one, but i've already found the first one quite shite so i'm definitively not taking that leap of faith
I mean, i would if it was 12 episodes or somethin', but my lifespam ain't getting any longer
Damn it Akio Ohtsuka was really wasted in Saint Seiya Hades

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

guess the "cute girls doing cute things" of the season is Hinako Note... has a girl that looks like Konata from Lucky Star. tho a weirdo, in a different way

Urashi C. Pin
joined Jun 17, 2014

sasha is kawaii

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kyonne posted:

Can anyone redpill me on what's the deal with Eureka Seven Ao? I've heard it's not as good as the first one, but i've already found the first one quite shite so i'm definitively not taking that leap of faith
I mean, i would if it was 12 episodes or somethin', but my lifespam ain't getting any longer
Damn it Akio Ohtsuka was really wasted in Saint Seiya Hades

Don't watch it, just... don't.
Eureka 7 is one of my favorites so I don't get you but fan or not, avoid AO... You should've waited the movie trilogy but eeh whatever.

Urashi C. Pin
joined Jun 17, 2014

Griffith did nothing wrong.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Don't watch it, just... don't.
Eureka 7 is one of my favorites so I don't get you but fan or not, avoid AO... You should've waited the movie trilogy but eeh whatever.

Well i'll probably still watch the movies out of sheer curiosity, but the thing is that i really th-.... Wait a minute

last edited at Apr 8, 2017 7:27PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Some shows I've seen this season:

Alice to Zouroku: Decent drama/superpower thing with questionable art

Sakurada Reset: Imagine Monogatari with all the life sucked out of it and you've got a fair idea of what this is like

Sakura Quest: Fun rural dramedy. Already has a viable yuri ship in Koharu and Shiori

Kado: Fairly good first contact story. And Shindo and Hanamori make a cute couple. They're just, you know, male

Hinako Note: Bog standard CGDCT

Re:Creators: Super-stylish! The plot is almost guaranteed to fall apart, but I imagine it'll look pretty

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

G-Guys....?

Even if it were true, Tai's too into Yamato in the end.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

http://i.imgur.com/vPyQfGc.jpg

Griffith, stop posting. I know it's you.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

G-Guys....?

The guy made one episode and one movie. It's not his place to say what their relationship is about.
It's just his perverted fanfic of the story.

Anyway, never liked Hosoda's movies.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

As someone with a few siblings the amount of sibling incest in Anime/manga is disturbing. I can overlook it if it's yuri, but I absolutely refuse to watch a show that has het sibling incest.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

As someone with a few siblings the amount of sibling incest in Anime/manga is disturbing. I can overlook it if it's yuri, but I absolutely refuse to watch a show that has het sibling incest.

My biggest problem is how anime sometimes can't see a male and a female without putting sexual tension together. Even on things that makes it really fucked up. (look at Usagi Drop, for example)
So yuri is fine because this problem doesn't exist.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

G-Guys....?

So, apparently the show's director posted online saying this is a lie.
Probably someone's idea of April's Fool.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

G-Guys....?

You mean this tweet? I have no idea who this guy is but more clarification would be appreciated
Anyway this interview ain't exactly recent, it's a guidebook for the movie Bokura no War Game so it's actually really old, only now it came to westerns attention, there was an archive from Futaba Channel from 2015 discussing a little about it but i lost the link i'm afraid
If the interview itself is an elaborate prank or something similar it's hard to say right now, but it definitively exists

Well, looks like someone is about to buy the guidebook, guess there'll be more info on it in about a month or so, until then time to hibernate a bit

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 1:32AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

G-Guys....?

You mean this tweet? I have no idea who this guy is but more clarification would be appreciated
Anyway this interview ain't exactly recent, it's a guidebook for the movie Bokura no War Game so it's actually really old, only now it came to westerns attention, there was an archive from Futaba Channel from 2015 discussing a little about it but i lost the link i'm afraid
If the interview itself is an elaborate prank or something similar it's hard to say right now, but it definitively exists

Well, looks like someone is about to buy the guidebook, guess there'll be more info on it in about a month or so, until then time to hibernate a bit

They're saying that, although the book exists, the interview itself is fake. That page is a fake.
Unfortunaly, they didn't link where the director said that, but so far there's no reason to doubt it.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
Urashi C. Pin
joined Jun 17, 2014

TOO MUCH GUNDAM

I need to watch the series, even if people say its a mess.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

TOO MUCH GUNDAM

I need to watch the series, even if people say its a mess.

It's a mess, but the G-Self is such a sexy beast i even bought the damn kit
Do you know how expensive shipping to Brazil is?
It ain't pretty i'll tell ya that!

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 4:45AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.