Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Forget animations, the movement in ME:A sucks. Just like it sucked in DA:I. It feels so clunky and you get stuck on nearly everything. Oh yeah that happens in Battlefield too but it is not as annoying! Not a fan of it, and it sucks out the enjoyment of the game.

The combat feels pretty meh too.

What happened to this?

Currently have too many games that I want to play, that ME:A has to wait before I buy it and maybe it will go on sale by the time I do.

What made you buy it anyways?

Because I am dumb. And I like Mass Effect and I wanted to see how it is for myself.

I will probably play a bit more before shelving it for months.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition has been announced! Any excuse to replay that game I'll happily accept.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition has been announced! Any excuse to replay that game I'll happily accept.

I wonder if there's going to be several improvements to the UI/Combat. This is the biggest issue with the game in my opinion. It's not very good to "play".

A lot of times I've tried recommending Planescape Torment to younger people or someone my age who might've missed it back in the day and sometime it's just to "outdated" to be enjoyable.

Although I love the game a lot, it could use a bit of a touch-up especially in that area.

last edited at Mar 28, 2017 2:32PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I wonder if there's going to be several improvements to the UI/Combat. This is the biggest issue with the game in my opinion. It's not very good to "play".

I enthusiastically agree. The gameplay part of this game needs to improve for it to be only bad. And I guess I can take the existence of an enhanced edition of Torment as an answer to my question...

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Though that swords guy was pretty fine character

Heh. I knew you'd somehow buy Rokurou and his honorable samurai shtick.

He seems more human than Eizen and Velvet but far less silly than the witch.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Haven't tried out any of the other enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale, but I think none of them had any drastic or major changes in combat. Their UI was touched up to scale well on modern systems, and they might have added some new minor adjustments or features to make some things less tedious to do (like the loot function in Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition), but it's not going to change things up like a remake would.

It's going to be better than the original in that you don't need to bother with mods to make it actually run, sure, but at the same time all those mods that ran on the original most likely won't work on the enhanced edition.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Unless the "more" they mention along with the other modern features are very impressive... I don't really see a reason to swap to this enhanced edition, then.

It's so funny to see Torment news when I've been remembering it fondly recently...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Nier is performing shit on my laptop :(

Barely got 30 fps on med setting and decreased resolution :(

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Did you try lowering Global Illumination through FAR?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

played the Dark Souls 3 DLC, guess I am just tired of the game, cuz I got the armor/rings/weapons I wanted and already feel no motivation to actually finish it. But its fine, a lot better than the first DLC...

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 11:50AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

played the Dark Souls 3 DLC, guess I am just tired of the game, cuz I got the armor/rings/weapons I wanted and already feel no motivation to actually finish it. But its fine, a lot better than the first DLC...

Sayeth whaaaaaaa........

The DLC is really amazing so far.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Through Nvidia Control Panel?

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Taking a break from ME:A to play the Dark Souls III DLC, anyone want to tell me without spoilers how to start the DLC, since it took me forever to figure it out the last time and I wont bother this time.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Taking a break from ME:A to play the Dark Souls III DLC, anyone want to tell me without spoilers how to start the DLC...

This is relevant to my interests.

I've been holding off on NG++ for Ringed City.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 2:15PM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Taking a break from ME:A to play the Dark Souls III DLC, anyone want to tell me without spoilers how to start the DLC...

This is relevant to my interests.

I've been holding off on NG++ for Ringed City.

Found it. Must have played the game through until you reach Kiln of the First Flame.
DLC entrance is right next to the Kiln of the First Flame (where you spawn when you teleport) bonfire.

Easy enough this time.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Based on pre-release info I figured it has something to do with that area. I thought you'd have to defeat the Soul of Cinder and pick one of the endings for it, though.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

http://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/135512104777399045/

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

http://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/135512104777399045/

I like how I specifically said 'through FAR' and the clarification asked was if it was 'through Nvidia Control Panel'.

Anyways, there's also a fix for the pre-rendered cutscenes that are actually being shown for some (most?) people at a sub-30 framerate with stuttering and artifacts. It's on the Steam forums too.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Just completed Dark Souls 3 dlc.

Damn amazing I have to say. The final boss is personally my fav in Souls series. And 2nd in Soulsborne, just a little behind Lady Maria.

It was perfect dlc to say goodbye to Souls series.

last edited at Mar 30, 2017 6:10PM

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Persona 5 is finally here. And so I can finally transcend to a higher plane of existence (at least for a few weeks).

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Persona 5 is finally here. And so I can finally transcend to a higher plane of existence (at least for a few weeks).

Have played it for almost 15 hours and so far it's awesome.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Damn it, if i didn't waste so much on stamina i'd have enough hearts to get the Master Sword
...But i love watching those cute green circles multiply!

joined Jan 8, 2016

Damn it, if i didn't waste so much on stamina i'd have enough hearts to get the Master Sword

Fuck this, buy a shit ton of shields AND LETS GO SHIELD SURFING BABYYYyyyyy

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Fu-- t--s, --y - ---t -o- of shiel-s AND LETS -- ------ ---FING -------yyyyy

I'm sorry? Can't quite hear you over ALL THIS FIRE!! HUAEHUAEHUAEHUAEHU METEOR ROD!!

This topic has been locked.