Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

I can't tell you how guys how happy i'm after seeing this trailer

https://youtu.be/TjSnFPKAEA4

For the first time, Japanese aren't turning H.P. Lovecraft aldrich horror into sex crazed anime chicks (exception of Bloodborne)

hate to be "that guy" but this is made by the same people that makes this and well it looks different.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1iqJqfvV_o

And your point is???????????????????????

An artisit can draw action manga and later horror too. As goes for animation guys.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Ugh, my third attempt to finish the Kara No Kyoukai series and I still failed. First attempt lasted until the 3rd movie, second attempt lasted up to the 4th movie, and now it only lasted until the 6th one. I don't hate any of the characters in the movie series neither do I hate the story; I just can't bring myself to care about any of them and I don't know why. There's no emotional investment on my part towards any of the events in the series.

TIL that forcing myself through something I don't necessary like or dislike is more miserable than watching something trashy. At least with trash I can laugh at it from time to time. Now that it made me feel this bad I'm beginning to actually hate this series as a result.

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

You know that feel when a friend of yours is searching for a lost song since 2005 and you finally manage to find it 11 years later? Feels pretty good fam

Fam? Are you from England or somthing innit bruv? Big man ting XD

For the first time, Japanese aren't turning H.P. Lovecraft aldrich horror into sex crazed anime chicks (exception of Bloodborne)

hate to be "that guy" but this is made by the same people that makes this and well it looks different.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1iqJqfvV_o

These two look awsome! I kinda wanna watch now @A@ thanks for leaving it here ahah,mi have no idea what this is or where from but yeh.

Also hi guys, haven't talked here for a bit OwO I've been quite busy with school and also discord managed to suck me in again so I forget to check here ahaha, school is now over and I'm supperrrrr pumped for Christmas!! :3

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

And your point is???????????????????????

An artisit can draw action manga and later horror too. As goes for animation guys.

I'm just saying that it's from the same channel so I think it might be Anthology film

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

And now, A moment of silence for a good friend to The Dynasty Cafe. @UlquiorraSchiffer1 got another ban. And it was 30 days this time :(

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 6:02PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

No way of seeing this coming. :c

Apart from being warned not to continue saying the same dumb stuff that got him banned the first time.

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 6:08PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Apart from being warned not to continue saying the same dumb stuff that got him banned the first time.

And the second time, actually.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

joined Jun 11, 2016

I figured that a moment of silence would be appropriate because he was a nice fellow in the cafe. He was easy to get along with. I agree that what he said was ridiculous, but I doubt that being offensive was his intention.

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 6:14PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

^
Again, we're on the same wavelenght SF. Let's take a minute of silence.
If you read me and if you create an alt, Ulq, let me know by a mail.

I don't think its a good idea to create an alt. I think that a banned person creating an alt account would result in the alt & original account being deleted.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

For recommending people avoid bans by creating alts, and since he's previously had bans himself, Utoptia has also earned himself a month. May they be happy together.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

OK, I'm going to try and undo that ban. That was a bad ban.

Do not encourage people to make an alt though, they are banned for a reason. Evading a ban is not a great idea.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Do not encourage people to make an alt though, they are banned for a reason. Evading a ban is not a great idea.

I think you should add that to the list of Forum Rules.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

I think you should add that to the list of Forum Rules.

No, that should be common knowledge lol.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Cripes Geez, I feel like I just witnessed the climax to an angsty soap opera. To lighten the mood I'll share out something chilled & calm - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0KFVPUsfog

Also, 420th post XD

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 7:01PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Also, 420th post XD

** sets the forum on fire **

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

*watches the pretty fireworks*

joined Jun 11, 2016

*watches the pretty fireworks*

Y'know, I could've sworn I heard some kids ( three to be exact ) making some odd crying noises right before those fireworks came out. ( Points to whomever gets the reference )

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 7:23PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^
I didn't get the reference, but all I can think about when I hear fireworks is the fuse flying off, explosing, and the fragments in fire slowly falling down, in the awesome movie Koyanisqaatsi. Kind of breaks down the usual happiness feelings fireworks give off.

joined Aug 16, 2014

That's even better, tears keep me young.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^
I didn't get the reference, but all I can think about when I hear fireworks is the fuse flying off, explosing, and the fragments in fire slowly falling down, in the awesome movie Koyanisqaatsi. Kind of breaks down the usual happiness feelings fireworks give off.

I can't remember whether it was Koyanisqaatsi or Powaqqatsi that I've seen. I know I've seen one of the trilogy and it wasn't Naqoyqatsi, but I forget which one was which. It was quite a while ago.

All I know for sure is the soundtrack is amazing.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^
The movie is kinda old itself. If it had these tracks : Koyaanisqatsi and Prophecies, the latter being also used in Scrubs, and in the legendary Dr Manhattan scene in Watchmen, then it was Koyaanisqatsi.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^
The movie is kinda old itself. If it had these tracks : Koyaanisqatsi and Prophecies, the latter being also used in Scrubs, and in the legendary Dr Manhattan scene in Watchmen, then it was Koyaanisqatsi.

Couldn't even tell you, it's been that long. I'd be more interested in the soundtracks if I'm being honest since I really like Philip Glass.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

These two look awsome! I kinda wanna watch now @A@ thanks for leaving it here ahah,mi have no idea what this is or where from but yeh.

Also hi guys, haven't talked here for a bit OwO I've been quite busy with school and also discord managed to suck me in again so I forget to check here ahaha, school is now over and I'm supperrrrr pumped for Christmas!! :3

This is somewhat from H.P. Lovecraft. There are series of stories. All of them related in a way to each. All of them are about aldrich horror and heavily includes nihilism and psychological horror. You know, cosmic horror, insanity, things that makes no sense and higher dimension beings and gods.

Thses stories are legend among horror stories. Best of the best.

I'm surprised people here read or know about H.P. Lovecraft.

joined Aug 16, 2014

This is somewhat from H.P. Lovecraft. There are series of stories. All of them related in a way to each. All of them are about aldrich horror and heavily includes nihilism and psychological horror. You know, cosmic horror, insanity, things that makes no sense and higher dimension beings and gods.

Thses stories are legend among horror stories. Best of the best.

I'm surprised people here read or know about H.P. Lovecraft.

It always surprised me that people think so highly of Lovecraft's prose. Imo his style works much better in poetry (and maybe the shorter stories). Also, I think his best stories are actually the ones more on the fringe of the mythos.

I actually prefer Thomas Ligotti to Lovecraft, judging from what I read of both. Besides not having such a dated and ornate style, his stories seem heavier on the philosophical and to deal in a wider array of themes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.