Forum › Ouji-sama Nante Iranai discussion

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I really like how easy going and cute this series is, i've been waiting for an update for so long, so it was pretty nice to see so many chapters at once. Thanks and props to the scanlation team for so many chapters.

joined Jul 22, 2016

AAHHHHH, THIS IS WONDERFUL.
...perhaps, Yukino's siblings are half-related?
That sketchy blue uniform senpai... such an evil mastermind.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Who the hell cut this... I like the story but it's just so... WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THE FORMATTING?!

joined Jan 31, 2013

Funny. It reminded me of korean manhwa with pages cut like this, so I started reading it left to right :D
Anyway, is Yukino adopted or living with her father's second wife perhaps? Assuming that the woman on the photo in her room is her mom and adding the fact that she doesn't resemble her siblings much.

Blyat
joined Sep 12, 2012

How many chapters is this in Japan? Cam we expect a steady flow? Really love the slow SoL-with-yuri stuff but sometimes how slowly it all comes out kinda kills it.

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

I've only ever met one person that could crush an apple in one hand. That's horrifying strength right there.

Heh heh, and the kid says he's bad at lifting.

joined Mar 11, 2016

I think that's her grandmother in the photo. I also think that she and dorm mother were friends or may be more than friends. It seems her gran was also a student at this academy; perhaps shakuyaku's student council prez who brought the change between the two divisions.
(if you read the first two/three chapters again, you may find these hints.)

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Who the hell cut this... I like the story but it's just so... WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THE FORMATTING?!

It is not meant to be viewed one "page" at a time like it is presented here, the whole thing is simply cut into uniform size images. Works just fine in webtoon format if you read it on batoto for example.

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

Misa san is going to kill someone, i know it

last edited at Nov 27, 2016 6:22AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

How many chapters is this in Japan? Cam we expect a steady flow? Really love the slow SoL-with-yuri stuff but sometimes how slowly it all comes out kinda kills it.

Around 21 chapters are out, I believe? I don't think it counts as a spoiler to say this, but it doesn't seem like it will end anytime soon. There are plenty of things left to cover in the story, in my opinion.

As for the yuri? Minor spoilers ahead:

Just a lot of blushing here and there, really, so it's mostly subtext for now. Nobara and Yukino are starting to learn more about each other and they're getting closer, but they're still just friends with each other. Of course they're still super cute around each other, but... (continued below)

Moderate spoilers below:

I seriously feel like there are more hints of romance between Ookami and Akai-senpai (who gets introduced a little later in the story), as well as Okisaki and Kinoshita. There's also your average "onee-sama!" relationship between Touyama and Okisaki, but it doesn't extend beyond that. BUT even those pairings are still veeeeeery subtexty, so don't expect too much.

As a person who usually dislikes things that are too slow or primarily SoL-with-yuri stuff, I think this series is a rare exception. Not sure why, but I personally think it's worth a read and a follow as well.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I might spend tonight sticking the panels together to make the pages one long page as they were intended. It'll take a while unless someone else has stiched them together already.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

It is not meant to be viewed one "page" at a time like it is presented here, the whole thing is simply cut into uniform size images. Works just fine in webtoon format if you read it on batoto for example.

Oh I know that, my issue is that "pages" are cut through panels in the interest of having equal sized "pages," an issue I have with a number of webtoons I follow on normal manga sites like Dynasty.

I might spend tonight sticking the panels together to make the pages one long page as they were intended. It'll take a while unless someone else has stiched them together already.

I'd help but I would have no idea how to get them to you. Nor if you'd prefer longer strips or sticking the entire chapter into one image.

last edited at Nov 27, 2016 1:09PM

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ouji_sama_nante_iranai_ch00 I've remade the first chapter with the pages in one large image, what do you all think? If it's better, I can start work on the rest tonight.

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ouji_sama_nante_iranai_ch00 I've remade the first chapter with the pages in one large image, what do you all think? If it's better, I can start work on the rest tonight.

Thanks for your work! It's much more comfortable to read the bubbles like this :)

joined Aug 30, 2016

Who crop these images! Are you idiot! It really piss me off. This editor should be retired already.

Even me can do it better than this.

You want to be the editor?

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

I really hate this theme when it shows up. Power dynamics like this generally come off as really disturbing to me rather than dramatic.

Or, like with sakuya x remilia, destroy believability. In that case, how can you have a relationship when one person is practically a slave?

Why not?

I means the whole power dynamics were only acknowledged in the last few decades or so and only in Western countries. There are thousand years of human history before that, and most of the time family power structure were not even close to equal

Delayed reply! It isn't that I don't believe it can't happen, it's more like any story that includes over balanced power structures ignores the fact that one person is essentially a 24/7 servant. It just seems unrealistic that people so oppressed are always depicted as being totally cool with it. But that's more Touhou. (Sakuya never questions her servitude, but I think it's hinted in perfect memento that it might be because of Remilia's fate power thing)

Exploiting power dynamics in a relationship is always disturbing for me and never romantically dramatic. But this story isn't going too far in that direction, yet! Definitely doing a great job of showing how screwed the blues are and how clueless the pinks are of their conditions. Reminds me of all the hub bub in South Korea right now about status, money, and corruption.

last edited at Nov 27, 2016 4:15PM

joined Apr 30, 2014

"Peaceful is the best"? Something tells me miss charming has some dark secrets.

joined Aug 20, 2016

Holy Ghost this is getting interesting af so now she's trying to not attract attention were you in the yakuza before or something??!!

joined Aug 20, 2016

And also I don't know what this whole shabangbang is going on with the format but I think we're very lucky that there is someone out there translating these and editing them so that we can read them freely like they don't even have to do that and we can just be stuck paying for the damn books ourselves which I can't cause I'm broke af.

Also I'm sorry,I didn't mean to offend anyone this is just my own opinion that I thought when reading the forum posts and I may have gotten some bits wrong so feel free to correct me.

joined Mar 6, 2015

I can see Misa's overthinking their development like
Roommates >> Singing partners >> Visit the parents at hometown >> First name basis >> Probably gonna engage to each other or something

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Definitely much better; great work.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Finished updating the chapters with full length versions.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

^
Thank you very much for your hard work! After I resized the one single image you provided it is wonderfully clear and easy to read.

last edited at Nov 28, 2016 1:26AM

joined Feb 16, 2016

Like the idea of condensing everything into one image~
Only problem is it's screwy with mobile. Screen keeps going off center and panning to different parts of the page.

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

Wauw zoomed 1000% and it was readable :D this is also fine.

last edited at Nov 28, 2016 5:41AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.