Forum › Madoka Movie 3 discussion {SPOILERS}

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

This Forum will be about the discussion of the Madoka movie 3. So there might be {SPOILERS}
I know some of you or many of you have not seen this movie yet. I currently saw the movie and honest to god I have so many feels right now that I'm not sure how to handle myself. I just... damn I really dont have any words to describe this!!

{SPOILERS}
That ending was a mixture of bitterness with a cinch of sweetness. Im not sure whether I should be mad at Homura for being a fool or feel sorry for her (which I do)
was it because she loved Madoka so much and she didnt want to let her go? I know for a fact, this is said by Homura herself "it is love" So she admitted to love Madoka. But her love grew too unhealthy. But what I dont damn understand is that she had the chance to finally be with Madoka for the rest of her life and She didnt take the chance and didnt do it!
Was is because she already too blinded by her desires and to just have Madoka all for herself? Was it because of all the stress and helplessness AND how emotionally unstable she was? I can honestly see that she is still suffering and I cant bring myself to hate her character because of how tragic she is and how unlucky she has been.
I want to hear from people what they thought of the movie if they have seen it. And please keep me posted I really want to talk about this movie.(I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to talk about how weird we felt after it lol) I also would like to know if there would be a second season to the Anime because I sure in hell need to see one.
Hearing other peoples points of view helps me drive conclusions about the ending and about what the hell happened in that ending.

last edited at Nov 17, 2013 10:40AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Do it like this instead...

This Forum will be about the discussion of the Madoka movie 3. So there might be {SPOILERS}
I know some of you or many of you have not seen this movie yet. I correctly saw the movie and honest to god I have so many feels right now that I'm not sure how to handle myself. I just... damn I really dont have any words to describe this!!
{SPOILERS}

Though I haven't seen it, and this is a clearly spoiler-y discussion anyway, so....

joined Jan 30, 2013

I dont know how to do that I'm sorry :/
I did warn people of spoilers so its is up to them to continue reading.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

You can quote the post to see how I did it ;)

It's == at the beginning and == at the end, no spaces.

joined Jan 30, 2013

last edited at Nov 17, 2013 12:16AM

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Rebellion never happened.

Rebellion never happened.

REBELLION NEVER HAPPENED.

/in denial

But seriously, Urobuchi had the chance to make everything better and literally just made everything worse. The only thing I really liked about Rebellion was how Homura was the main-main character, like how it was supposed to be in the original series. Madoka and Homura's roles were...switched, in a sense. And everything else, too.

Like how in the original, Homura was the "antagonist" in the beginning and became an ally.
And then in Rebellion, she was the "ally" in the beginning and became an antagonist.

Just, no.

joined Jan 30, 2013

I know what your feeling (TT.TT) im still in denial as well lol

joined Jul 27, 2013

i just saw it an hours ago so imagine my feels. please excuse me tho, my brain seems to have stopped functioning but i can't bring myself to watch it again. not yet at least.

at first i can't believe it. all the girls being alive and calling themselves puella magi holy quintet. this must be a dream. oh, and kyubey being a pokemon and not speaking for an hour was hilarious.
i love it when homura said "it is love" and the scene w kyousaya and the hand holding and the running and teasing and the touching. it felt like a slap to those in denial about the yuri in this series. well, it's not that canon but we could definitely agree that it's nothing fanon. at least the subtleness is on a par with nanofate

i also think that all those who hated sayaka will see her in a diff light. she kinda took spotlight there, which is really great. her being one of the "angels" of godoka. her thoughts on hitomi's nightmare. "being hitomi is suffering" haha, that was funny. and let's not forget hitomi's head floating.
oh, and bebe too. she was adorable. kinda sad that there weren't any flashbacks of her w mami, that would be great.

now onto the ending, why did homura chose to be a devil? how did she do that? was that the right thing to do?
-remember the flowers and braiding scene? homura realizes that madoka is not really happy being far away and forgotten. that may be madoka's true feelings but that madoka doesn't have a memory of walpurgisnacht and homura creating diff timelines. in short, that's not godoka's true feelings which i think might be more mature being a goddess and all
-as to how, i could only think of all the sufferings and misery she'd been thru all bottled up. then she realizes she's become a witch and kyubey wants to control godoka. plus madoka's feelings. thru these she was able to steal godoka's powers and became akuma homu.
-homura being a devil brings kyousaya a happy ending so hooray
-this way she'd be able to protect madoka from kyubey

urobochi's original plan was that homura would be saved by godoka. but the producer/director gave him the idea of leaving the movie an open ending. now we have this devil homu. i think even though they're denying of any plans for a sequel, there will be an announcement. maybe within a year. my question is what will happen to the magical girls about to turn into witches now that godoka's gone? the whole akuma homu really seemed rushed in the movie. it's really more like an epilogue

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Yes Ushio, I'm going to deny, deny, deny. What third movie? There wasn't one.

i also think that all those who hated sayaka will see her in a diff light. she kinda took spotlight there, which is really great. her being one of the "angels" of godoka. her thoughts on hitomi's nightmare. "being hitomi is suffering" haha, that was funny. and let's not forget hitomi's head floating.

In response to this, I'm assuming you watched that terribly translated version that switched to Spanish midway and transcribed things like "You is you." (That really made me crack up when I saw a screencap of it--what a bad way to ruin a touching moment between Homura and Madoka!)

She actually says something along the lines of "Hitomi sure sounds like she's in trouble." Haha. I'll have to admit that I didn't like Sayaka when I saw PMMM's original series for the first time, mostly because I was on Homura's side the whole time (yes, yes, even when she appeared to have been trying to harm Madoka--I thought Mami was trying to lead Madoka and Sayaka into a trap when she and Kyuubey invited them to become magical girls in the first episode) and was a bit ticked off that Sayaka was constantly being really vindictive towards her. If she actually listened to Homura in any of the timelines instead of asserting things that she assumed, I'm sure it would've saved Homura-dawg a lot of resets. And Kyou-suffering.

But that's just how 14 year old girls should act. Sayaka died in all of the timelines because she had the most trouble with her feelings and rational thought, much like Mami. She was the character that most of us could relate to (broken heart, crush likes another person), and I think that's why some dislike her. I don't blame Sayaka for falling into despair in every reset as she's intended to be the most "realistic" out of the magical girl quintet, and that's what really stops me from labeling her the "worst character" and instead leads me to place her among my favorites.

REALLY HUGE SPOILER: But Homu is the best. Period. Totally no bias.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Why would the producer/directer do this?! unless they wr planing a continuation of the series?
the obvious question that I still ask myself is about that last scene after the credits. Do any of you have any idea of what it meant?
Also if Sayaka was one of the warrior angels that belong to goddess Madoka does that mean that Charlotte was one of them as well? which explains why her and Sayaka remember. I also feel like Charlotte, if she was giving such an important position in the movie I feel like she should had played more role in it. or does that also indicate to a possible continuation of the series?

But aaaaaaghhhh why!! Im like in between of liking but also hating that ending!! I feel like they did this on purpose like they wanted for the characters to somehow be unhappy!!
Over all I think the movie was just mind blowing but damn that directer/producer!!
I think one thing i really looking forward to this are the doujinshis. I hope to see a lot them on Dynasty scans about that ending.

last edited at Nov 17, 2013 11:01AM

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Is no one going to comment about how everyone suddenly knows how to dance? What. I'd rather have them not do something so uncharacteristic and out-of-place. I know it's probably to emphasize "gracefulness," but really? /slams desk and throws Rebellion out the window

Why would the producer/directer do this?! unless they wr planing a continuation of the series?
the obvious question that I still ask myself is about that last scene after the credits. Do any of you have any idea of what it meant?

It's probably supposed to be an "open ending." To add onto my previous assertion that Urobuchi was evil and just flipped the series around to where roles were switched and said "lolk here's the sequel," I'd say it somehow is supposed to mirror Homura ending up alone again. And by "alone," I mean "without Madoka." Winkwink. Not to mention both end in her descending from somewhere.

Also if Sayaka was one of the warrior angels that belong to goddess Madoka does that mean that Charlotte was one of them as well? which explains why her and Sayaka remember. I also feel like Charlotte, if she was giving such an important position in the movie I feel like she should had played more role in it. or does that also indicate to a possible continuation of the series?

Possible continuation? Maybe. That's what some fans are saying, at least. Not so sure about the Nagisa part, but I do agree that she should've had more of an exposition. She was just there and that was it. Come on, Urobuchi.

I feel like they did this on purpose like they wanted for the characters to somehow be unhappy!!

Summary of Urobuchi's goals. I doubt there'll ever be a true happy ending other than that one route in the PSP game (which I have graciously accepted as my headcanon), and if there ever is, I'm sure the world'll turn upside down.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Agh god I just don't know lol I've been feeling out of place for 2 days now because of that movie XD
its like that time when I saw the Evangelion movies lol
I was at work and I was like what is life? lmao for real this movie has left me like speechless. I dont hate the ending I think after a lot of thought I came to the conclusion that Madoka rebellion cant have a perfect happy ending. Its also like that time when I played the last of us lol the ending left me speechless as well but the ending for the game couldn't had been any other but that one it was perfect. Just like this ending somehow it is for madoka movie 3. one thing that ill continue to hate though is how miserable they left Homuras character. :( I feel for her :/
hands down I think this movie was just amazing.

joined Jul 27, 2013

In response to this, I'm assuming you watched that terribly translated version that switched to Spanish midway and transcribed things like "You is you."...

hahaha. no. nothing spanish on my subs. i knew the translators were trolling on the "being hitomi is suffering" part but her line after that that goes like "who told her to have an insensible boyfriend" made me happy. it just shows she has moved on from the violin boy.

oh, yes. i think nobody's gonna object with me when i say everyone had a lil bit of crush homura or at least an admiration. and i have to agree with sayaka's being the most realistic character. i'm really happy she became one of the angels. she became less baka now too. haha. and i just remembered when she stabbed her heart and transformed into/controlled oktavia, that was neat.

Is no one going to comment about how everyone suddenly knows how to dance? What. I'd rather have them not do something so uncharacteristic and out-of-place. I know it's probably to emphasize "gracefulness," but really? /slams desk and throws Rebellion out the window

that wasn't really ooc. i mean, they were at homura's barrier remember? they were fighting nightmares and their memories were altered.
speaking of out of place, anybody else liked the cake song? i think shaft did a good job w that. and i remember reading a doujin that explains why homura is the pumpkin. here it is http://www.donmai.us/pools/7642 i suddenly remember dem feels

Possible continuation? Maybe. That's what some fans are saying, at least. Not so sure about the Nagisa part, but I do agree that she should've had more of an exposition. She was just there and that was it. Come on, Urobuchi.

this. another reason why this 2-hr movie seemed rushed.
about the continuation of the series, i'm pretty sure there was an announcement long ago that there's gonna be a continuation of the 3 movies. being one of the open ending lovers, i was very much satisfied w the series' ending. it was perfect and i had my doubts on this 3rd movie. but after seeing the movie, a 2nd season would be a nice idea. no, it's actually necessary. they left out too many questions than the original ending. they would probably add new characters tho. i just hope it's not gonna end up like nanoha strikers where nanofate seemed like side characters.

joined Jan 30, 2013

What happen in the doujinshi D: I couldn't read :(
well I cant read it lol XD if only I was able to understand every language in the world than mb XD
but for real now I want to know whats happening in that doujinshi you gave a link of
D:

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

EDIT: Ushio, if you hover your mouse over the speech bubbles, it should give you a rough translation of what it says in English :>

that wasn't really ooc. i mean, they were at homura's barrier remember? they were fighting nightmares and their memories were altered.

I might've bought that if Homura didn't suddenly start dancing after the credits. Okay, she turned into a god (or a "devil," as she puts it), but last time I checked, Madoka didn't spontaneously start breakdancing after she made her universe-changing wish. And during those 100~ timelines, I'm wondering if Homura ever actually had the chance to learn to do something like that. In the "final" timeline, we can see that she's seriously determined to prevent Madoka's suffering, which pretty much hints that she was giving it her all up until then, meaning Homura probably didn't have much time to learn dancing. Ironic, isn't it? Not having much time when your power is time.

Madoka in episode 12 also states "You've been trying your best for me all this time, huh, Homura-chan?"

this. another reason why this 2-hr movie seemed rushed.
about the continuation of the series, i'm pretty sure there was an announcement long ago that there's gonna be a continuation of the 3 movies. being one of the open ending lovers, i was very much satisfied w the series' ending. it was perfect and i had my doubts on this 3rd movie. but after seeing the movie, a 2nd season would be a nice idea. no, it's actually necessary. they left out too many questions than the original ending. they would probably add new characters tho. i just hope it's not gonna end up like nanoha strikers where nanofate seemed like side characters.

An announcement? As far as I know, there has been none and Rebellion was intended to be "the end." But PMMM's original series wasn't supposed to have a sequel but Rebellion was announced, so I really don't know for sure. Maybe in 2016?

The only thing I know for sure that has been announced was Hanokage's manga rendition of Rebellion, and I'm really looking forward to it. Hanokage's art is pretty fun.

last edited at Nov 18, 2013 7:56PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Is it just me or is Madoka not as innocent as we all think she is >.>...

We all know that Madoka purposelessly was looking for some Homu action. >.> she is slick, she may look innocent but she knows she got Homura wrapped around her little fingers. Look closely at Homuras face, she looks like a little puppy that was given some love and her attitude changed completely from a cold gaze to a warm happy,cheery and loving nature. Only Madoka can make her look and or feel that way. And i think Madoka knows this regardless >.> I'm on to You Madoka I know your devilish ways!! look at the link bellow and tell me if I'm just tripping out or just being a Homura Fan girl ...
Most of you already know this but just look closely at their faces and face features and mb you'll see what im talking about.
http://images.puella-magi.net/6/64/Cheeks_touchingv2.gif?20130721092514

oh by the way thank you =D
I just finish reading it D: so many feels x(
Also I think that deff there needs to be a second season thats for sure, the director cant just leave the series like this. If anything at least another movie is needed.
keep me posted if there is some info about an actual release day. Im actually a bigger fan than what i was before to the series.

last edited at Nov 18, 2013 9:13PM

joined Jul 27, 2013

I might've bought that if Homura didn't suddenly start dancing after the credits. Okay, she turned into a god (or a "devil," as she puts it), but last time I checked, Madoka didn't spontaneously start breakdancing after she made her universe-changing wish. And during those 100~ timelines, I'm wondering if Homura ever actually had the chance to learn to do something like that. In the "final" timeline, we can see that she's seriously determined to prevent Madoka's suffering, which pretty much hints that she was giving it her all up until then, meaning Homura probably didn't have much time to learn dancing. Ironic, isn't it? Not having much time when your power is time.

my 1st guess was that she just enjoyed the transformation sequence in her barrier. but then again, remember that it was her witch barrier so the things inside it were pretty much part of her unconsciousness. maybe she was actually a dancer. they just didn't show it. much like they didn't show us any backgrounds of bebe.

An announcement? As far as I know, there has been none and Rebellion was intended to be "the end." But PMMM's original series wasn't supposed to have a sequel but Rebellion was announced, so I really don't know for sure. Maybe in 2016?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-10-13/madoka-magica-story-will-not-end-in-3rd-film
but there was another news that they will introduce a new writer. oh well, i think it's really too early for confirmations. not even a month has passed since the premiere in japan.

Is it just me or is Madoka not as innocent as we all think she is >.>...

hahaha. yes, madoka is so evil that she chose to wait until everyone's dead to become a magical girl. and kinda like reversal? homura is actually the good one. she's just being controlled. i have a feeling not a lot of people are gonna like that.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Oh, so he did change his mind. The last article I read about Rebellion was way back when we were just getting details bit by bit, so 2011-12ish? They'd specifically stated it was a trilogy movie series. I supposed it meant we weren't going to get any more, and the majority of us assumed the third movie was a replacement season 2. Tomato tomahto.

my 1st guess was that she just enjoyed the transformation sequence in her barrier. but then again, remember that it was her witch barrier so the things inside it were pretty much part of her unconsciousness. maybe she was actually a dancer. they just didn't show it. much like they didn't show us any backgrounds of bebe.

I seriously doubt that. In episode 10, it is shown that Homura is (or rather, was) physically incapable. I'm sure the most she wanted to do back then was have the endurance to run for two minutes without getting dizzy. This implies that she was this way up until she met Madoka and had to power through those timelines.

Then again, I'm not in any way nullifying your opinion. My own opinion revolves around that fact that dancing was out of place, and I probably would have been fine with it if there was even a tiny reference to it in anywhere other than Rebellion. Seriously, if they showed Homura tap-dancing for half a frame in the original I wouldn't be mentioning dancing now.

joined Jan 30, 2013

I know you guys have been talking a lot about how in the hell did Homura learn how to dance but think of it this way guys. At the end of the movie we see the whole scene with her and Madoka and how they wr walking and Homura was "sowing" her around the school since she was new in school (Ironic)
Anyways before the credits started we also see that Madoka was about to remember that she was goddess Madoka. But then Homura hugged her and managed to keep her from remembering. To get straight to my point and I know how you guys are wondering "well how does that have to do with what we wr talking about?"
I'll explain farther more. the thing about the before and after the credits things is (time) before the credits we had a Homura that had just created a world and had just turn "evil."
After the credits though (think of it this way) how do we know that it was the same night from that same day? What I'm trying to say is that after the credits ended that last final scene could had actually been a little bit into the future of her created (Utopia)
For example:
1)The fact that she looked even more distress (soulless, or alone etc.) than the Homura that had just turn evil in scene before the credits.
2) then we also had the moon (a third quarter moon) when ever we see something like this it always symbolizes "time" this could had probably had meant that Homura was a couple months into her Utopia (new world/ Universe) what ever you want to call it.
3) then the fact that it was night time also adds to the obviously time passed.
4) then we had QB and how Homura was surprised to see him in a way. Well not that surprise, we can actually take that way. But the fact that QB looked beat up and very skinny like he was wondering for days and months like a street animal who was ready to die from malnutrition.
SO WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS why cant we make the assumption that in those days, moths or even year Homura could had learn to dance? I think is possible that she could had learned how to dance withing that time. Also we don't really know anything about Homuras past other than the way she was before she met Madoka. So what if before she got sick as a little girl she might of had learn a little bit of dancing. I know that many parents teach their children ballet and even take them to ballet school. So mb as a little girl she might of taken some classes but had stop as she grew older because of her sickness.
and that's my theory =)

last edited at Nov 22, 2013 4:26PM

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, this thread really deserves a WTF am I reading.
Well I don't care whether Homula's deeds are correct. I only admire her for being dedicated and able to do whatever due to her love to Madoka.
If anyone of you can read Chinese, you might want to visit komica (zh-hant) or acfun (zh-hans) for more of this discussion.

joined Jan 30, 2013

I agree with Candy ^^
also I wish I was able to read Chinese D:
also this thread is mostly about understand the movie and why it ended a certain way but also it gives us time to reflect on the series and make up our own little theories about the show and the characters XD so yes it will be a little crazy XD

last edited at Nov 20, 2013 12:21PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

god they brought the doujins from the movie X'(

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

thanks for opening this post, i wanted some spoiler-free info on rebellion,
i don't know the anime, but i like the manga and the fan-base, and i was really curious about the last film because of homura protagonist,

there was the possibility to see finally homura happy (obviously with madoka and after a really over-dramatic plot),
but, i thought that, if the plot (and the author) were cruel with homura till the end, i prefer not to see it...

i read only 3 of 4 post and i understand that, unluckly, it's the second, than i know that if i see this, i regret it for sure,
for now i satisfy my curiosity reading the rest of the discussion above.

post-edit: i don't know any news about this is the last film or not, but this ending doesn't seem definitive,
if it couldn't end with madoka being a goddess, with homura being some kind of god is worse, after all the author proved that he wanted to give homura more space

last edited at Nov 22, 2013 3:07AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

glad it could help you ^^
and yeah it def needs a second season!
you know something I feel is necessary? I think they should make a manga about Homura. But not the Homura we know now but a back story about when she use to be young and before she met Madoka. I feel like we dont know much about her life honestly.

last edited at Nov 22, 2013 4:32PM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I finally got around to watching this and actually got a high quality stream. My only understanding at this point after post-movie shellshock (I feel like Kyuubey after credits when he looks all gang-raped) are two things.

1. Homura is crazy yandere
  2. KyoSaya canon

So much unexpected in that movie. There pretty much has to be another – so confusing.

last edited at Mar 31, 2014 6:49AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.