Forum › WDTFS fans - off topic

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Newp lucky you that everyone in your family likes to cook. This is the first time i heard about a whole family that likes to cook.

Yeah I suppose I am haha. My sister is also amazing at baking. Id show you some of her cakes but I dont want to boost her ego too much :P shes been so moody towards me lately.. >:/

Oh, are we talking cooking? I'm making home-made artisan bread right now. In fact I just put it in the oven in the middle of typing this sentence.

Ohh nice.. share it, Nezchan..

Sure thing. Here, have a slice.

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

But back to people who dont cook.. I know Azai and kitkat dont cook XD

Some how those two don't surprise me haha

Ahaha right? XD Azais burnt burger story could make headlines :P sorry waifu dont kill me

Waifuuu, don't diss my cooking skills... T__T

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

But back to people who dont cook.. I know Azai and kitkat dont cook XD

Some how those two don't surprise me haha

Ahaha right? XD Azais burnt burger story could make headlines :P sorry waifu dont kill me

Waifuuu, don't diss my cooking skills... T__T

Im notttt! Hahah dont cryy, I wont do it again T^T. Ill eat whatever you make me.. burnt or not <3

last edited at May 24, 2016 12:43PM

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

Omg Nezchan that looks soooo good. I love bread.. <3 And it doesnt help that Im stuck in a digital design class with no food allowed ..

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Nez, that looks so nice ^^ I don't bake much; too much chemistry and measurement involved lol.

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Kind of suitable on the topic of food:

@Dofu:

I don't bake much; too much chemistry and measurement involved lol.

Personally, I like baking more than cooking. xD But I only bake sweet things. Not to brag, but I do excel at making all kinds of muffins. ^_^

@Nez:
That bread just looked good enough to convince me to make dinner for myself, lol.

last edited at May 24, 2016 2:19PM

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

By the way, wanna guess which song this is?

Our king is not us
This is our blood
This lux for us, we want only the same kind of buzz
Let me kill your leader
You can call me nuts
In addition baby, I decide I decide I decide I decide
Let that fantasy live

It's a game me and my kids have been playing lately. You take the chorus of a popular mainstream song (so everyone should have heard it at some point at least once or twice, to remain fair) and put it through several layers of the google translator before having it translate back to English (or whatever the original language of the song is.) For the funniest results, choose more than 10 languages. Then post it and have others try to make sense of google's mess and guess which song was used. It's really fun. ^_^ You guys wanna give it a go? We can just play it as a side game to chatting about stuff.

last edited at May 24, 2016 2:40PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Kind of suitable on the topic of food:

http://img.ifcdn.com/images/ad67956d4462df6e343b3c379f54e3aca31f1e8da7dccf86059f48d8e78606af_1.jpg

Lol that's too much.

Personally, I like baking more than cooking. xD But I only bake sweet things. Not to brag, but I do excel at making all kinds of muffins. ^_^

Gimme gimme :) I like to cut muffins in half and grill each side with a little butter. Yum.

I think the fastest way to feel like a good cook is to make food for people that aren't picky lol. I'm sure I've slept with a few picky eaters, but I've never dated one for an extended period of time. I'd go crazy. Kanojo will eat just about anything but eggplant, but she could live on omurice and grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato and be totally fine -_-. I don't even bother asking what she eats when I'm not around anymore, because I won't like the answer.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

By the way, wanna guess which song this is?

Our king is not us
This is our blood
Let me kill your leader
You can call me nuts
Let that fantasy live

It's a game me and my kids have been playing lately. You take the chorus of a popular mainstream song (so everyone should have heard it at some point at least once or twice, to remain fair) and put it through several layers of the google translator before having it translate back to English (or whatever the original language of the song is.) For the funniest results, choose more than 10 languages. Then post it and have others try to make sense of google's mess and guess which song was used. It's really fun. ^_^ You guys wanna give it a go? We can just play it as a side game to chatting about stuff.

Lol this is cute, but I can't figure out the song for the life of me. I'll do one a little bit later hehe

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Gimme gimme :) I like to cut muffins in half and grill each side with a little butter. Yum.

That is...unusual. I need to try this sometime. xD

Food preparing, picky eaters and etc.

The only really picky eater I've ever dated was Blake. xD She was practically obsessed with health and would downright refuse to eat anything, that didn't fit into her strange food plan. >_< She was generally extremely bossy though, so in retrospect, it didn't really surprise me, that food was just one of the many things she wanted to be in control of.
Su is a bit picky, but mostly only because she's allergic to a few things, one of them being garlic, which is a bit of a pain, because it usually means I can't cook my father's recipes the way they should be. xD
This is how pretty much any Italian recipe (well, at least the ones he taught me) usually goes:

1) GARLIC!

2) Everything else.

So yeah. xD
One of the aspects I came to really appreciate a lot over the years is our habit of preparing dinner in each other's company. We both cook and we both prefer to prepare big meals on our own without the other getting their hands in the way. However, when we're both home and it's a relaxed evening and she decides it's her turn to cook, I usually accompany her into the kitchen and sit down at the table. Then she usually turns the radio on, loud enough to listen to the songs, but quiet enough to listen to me as well so I can either talk to her about whatever or ask her to help me with the riddles in that magazine I tend to busy myself with. When I'm the one preparing the food, she just entertains me with her ridiculously bad singing or whatever else comes to her mind. There are exceptions, of course. When either of us is running late, the other usually prepares dinner on their own so once we're both home, we can just eat right away. Sometimes we're also way too lazy to cook, so we get takeout or go out to eat. But generally, I've gotten so used to that little habit by now, that every time we don't prepare dinner in each other's company for whatever reason, I'll go to bed and won't be able to shake the feeling, that something has been off about my day, even if my day in general has been perfectly fine. ^_^;
.... Screw the proposal, we're already married, lol. xD

Lol this is cute, but I can't figure out the song for the life of me. I'll do one a little bit later hehe

xD That one was "Royals" by Lorde.

last edited at May 24, 2016 3:33PM

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

10 languages?! Itll be nearly impossible to figure out Dx Unless the song has a unique repetition of words aha.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

That is...unusual. I need to try this sometime. xD

It's actually a very common practice around here at diners and breakfast joints; you should definitely give it a try :)

The only really picky eater I've ever dated was Blake. xD She was practically obsessed with health and would downright refuse to eat anything, that didn't fit into her strange food plan. >_< She was generally extremely bossy though, so in retrospect, it didn't really surprise me, that food was just one of the many things she wanted to be in control of.

Yeah I'd be over that pretty quickly lol.

Su is a bit picky, but mostly only because she's allergic to a few things, one of them being garlic, which is a bit of a pain, because it usually means I can't cook my father's recipes the way they should be. xD
This is how pretty much any Italian recipe (well, at least the ones he taught me) usually goes:

1) GARLIC!

2) Everything else.

No garlic? :(((((((((((((((((((((

One of the aspects I came to really appreciate a lot over the years is our habit of preparing dinner in each other's company. We both cook and we both prefer to prepare big meals on our own without the other getting their hands in the way. However, when we're both home and it's a relaxed evening and she decides it's her turn to cook, I usually accompany her into the kitchen and sit down at the table. Then she usually turns the radio on, loud enough to listen to the songs, but quiet enough to listen to me as well so I can either talk to her about whatever or ask her to help me with the riddles in that magazine I tend to busy myself with. When I'm the one preparing the food, she just entertains me with her ridiculously bad singing or whatever else comes to her mind. There are exceptions, of course. When either of us is running late, the other usually prepares dinner on their own so once we're both home, we can just eat right away. Sometimes we're also way too lazy to cook, so we get takeout or go out to eat.

Yeah that's nice ^^ We used to do a lot more cooking together when kanojo had less crazy hours. Then her last job really picked up after she got a promotion and the new job is just ridiculous. Considering how early she leaves in the morning, I don't think it's so much to ask to have her back before 6pm -_-... Happens maybe once a week.

But generally, I've gotten so used to that little habit by now, that every time we don't prepare dinner in each other's company for whatever reason, I'll go to bed and won't be able to shake the feeling, that something has been off about my day, even if my day in general has been perfectly fine. ^_^;
.... Screw the proposal, we're already married, lol. xD

Lol that's my mantra to calm down right now any time I get engagement jitters.

xD That one was "Royals" by Lorde.

Aw damn I should've gotten it from that last line >__<

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Our king is not us
This is our blood
Let me kill your leader
You can call me nuts
Let that fantasy live

I just put the song through a total of 20 layers just for the funsies. Suddenly, it seems like Lorde has written a death metal song. xD

This king bleeds
We bleed
Raping this certain lux is our wish of excitement
Permission for dominant mice
Call me impenetrable hornet
Added infant dominate dominate dominate dominate
Alive fantasy

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

It's actually a very common practice around here at diners and breakfast joints; you should definitely give it a try :)

Oh, that's definitely on the bucket list now. :D

Yeah I'd be over that pretty quickly lol.

/sighs/ Honestly, Blake did have her good points. In the end though, while I do like dominant women, she was just over the top. >_< Moderation is key. That goes for pretty much anything in life, really. xD

No garlic? :(((((((((((((((((((((

I know, right! D: It really is bad though. While she can sometimes ignore her allergies to sesame and almonds as long as there isn't too much of it in the food, only the slightest dash of garlic will make her cheeks swell like crazy and her eyes water so much she can barely see. It's not only annoying, especially the swollen cheeks are downright painful, so no garlic. Not when we share the food. xD

Yeah that's nice ^^ We used to do a lot more cooking together when kanojo had less crazy hours. Then her last job really picked up after she got a promotion and the new job is just ridiculous. Considering how early she leaves in the morning, I don't think it's so much to ask to have her back before 6pm -_-... Happens maybe once a week.

Aren't there any protective laws against working too much overtime in your country? In Germany, a normal work week is 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. The absolute maximum is 10 hours a day and, no matter how long or short the day is, 6 days a week. If you have to regularly work more than either 10 hours a day or 6 days a week, you could sue your boss here (and you'd even be protected by the law from getting fired if you do.)

last edited at May 24, 2016 4:36PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

/sighs/ Honestly, Blake did have her good points. In the end though, while I do like dominant women, she was just over the top. >_< Moderation is key. That goes for pretty much anything in life, really. xD

Lol precisely.

I know, right! D: It really is bad though. While she can sometimes ignore her allergies to sesame and almonds as long as there isn't too much of it in the food, only the slightest dash of garlic will make her cheeks swell like crazy and her eyes water so much she can barely see. It's not only annoying, especially the swollen cheeks are downright painful, so no garlic. Not when we share the food. xD

Yeah food allergies are nothing to take lightly. Peanut allergies are really bad in the US, not totally sure why that is, but I prefer to cook without using peanut-anything if I have guests over just in case...

Aren't there any protective laws against working too much overtime in your country? In Germany, a normal work week is 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. The absolute maximum is 10 hours a day and, no matter how long or short the day is, 6 days a week. If you have to regularly work more than either 10 hours a day or 6 days a week, you could sue your boss here (and you'd even be protected by the law from getting fired if you do.)

She doesn't belong to a union, which are probably the best way to ensure some measure of decency in this country, but she's on a salary (not hourly), which pretty much means she's working until everything's done. She's not an investment banker, but I have a couple friends that are and they work just as much or more insane hours than she does. I'd say she's probably at around 60-70 hours a week right now, and some investment bankers I know (but hardly ever see, because all they do is work) are doing 80+. On the other hand, if they can make to their mid 30s without breaking under that lifestyle, they can retire early in life as millionaires. I don't think kanojo would be comfortable retiring in the next couple of years, but she's determined to by the time she's 50 lol. And by retire she means from working the way she does now and instead have some sort of pet project that isn't as stressful. She didn't used to talk about work that way, but maybe my different sensibility for work-life balance and love for leisurely days with her has impacted her idea of what she wants in the future a bit. I think her sister is setting herself up to take over their dad's company, which is something she's (kanojo's) never wanted. Their family is something else lol...

last edited at May 24, 2016 5:25PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

If this isn't already a superhero, definitely should be.

Alright here's one, current Top 40:

Welcome Home
control the situation
We do not need more than draw
There is no reason to leave
Welcome Home
thumping music
You can now
Welcome Home
Welcome Home

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

@Dofu:

The purpose of one's work and thoughts about one's future, no matter how noble either may be, all play no role at all when one puts their own psychological and physical health at risk just to achieve something, that in the end is nothing but an illusion to begin with. Remember what I just said about moderation and how it applies for everything in life? In the end, as long as Kanojo still feels fine with what she's doing, all is good. I also work a lot more than I should without even writing down my hours, simply because what I do rarely actually feels like work to me, so I don't mind if I'm getting paid overtime or not. The meaning of what I do lies far beyond the money I get. However, if she starts feeling unhappy or unsatisfied with what she's doing, she should really reconsider her career choices. It's the same warning I keep repeating to people so often: a breaking soul is like a drowning person - it doesn't scream for help. So maybe try to tell her not to ignore signs her body and mind might possibly give her one day. First symptoms are always the strongest.

last edited at May 24, 2016 5:37PM

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

If this isn't already a superhero, definitely should be.

Impenetrable Hornet vs. Dominant Mice - THE MOVIE!

Synopsis: In a country ruled by a bleeding king, bleeding people are calling out for a hero. Luxes get raped for excitement, Infants dominate things, fantasies come alive. These things are the tragic every day happenings ever since dominant mice got permission for something. The bleeding people are losing their hope. But help is on the way...

Welcome Home
control the situation
Welcome Home
thumping music
You can now
Welcome Home
Welcome Home

Something is ringing a bell... Is that "Work" by Rihanna and Drake maybe?

last edited at May 24, 2016 5:35PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez, that looks so nice ^^ I don't bake much; too much chemistry and measurement involved lol.

Bread's sort of my thing. I make a loaf like that most weeks for my own lunches, and a couple of big kneaded whole wheat loaves about once a month for toast on the weekends.

It's also a lot more forgiving than something lie cake or cookies, which need the recipe followed a bit more closely.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Impenetrable Hornet vs. Dominant Mice - THE MOVIE!

Synopsis: In a country ruled by a bleeding king, bleeding people are calling out for a hero. Luxes get raped for excitement, Infants dominate things, fantasies come alive. These things are the tragic every day happenings ever since dominant mice got permission for something. The bleeding people are losing their hope. But help is on the way...

Scary O__O'

Welcome Home
control the situation
Welcome Home
thumping music
You can now
Welcome Home
Welcome Home

Something is ringing a bell... Is that "Work" by Rihanna and Drake maybe?

Lol nope, that song would just turn into a bunch of gibberish in any language.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

The purpose of one's work and thoughts about one's future, no matter how noble either may be, all play no role at all when one puts their own psychological and physical health at risk just to achieve something, that in the end is nothing but an illusion to begin with. Remember what I just said about moderation and how it applies for everything in life? In the end, as long as Kanojo still feels fine with what she's doing, all is good. I also work a lot more than I should without even writing down my hours, simply because what I do rarely actually feels like work to me, so I don't mind if I'm getting paid overtime or not. The meaning of what I do lies far beyond the money I get. However, if she starts feeling unhappy or unsatisfied with what she's doing, she should really reconsider her career choices. It's the same warning I keep repeating to people so often: a breaking soul is like a drowning person - it doesn't scream for help. So maybe try to tell her to not ignore signs her body and mind might give her. First symptoms are always the strongest.

Get some of what you're saying, but some of it was a little too opaque for me. But regardless, she handles everything quite well. I'm more the one that gets concerned, maybe because I could never do what she does. Do I think she'll actually retire at 50? I don't know, but if she wants to think about what direction she's going in, even if she ends up changing the plan along the way, then I'm not going to stop her lol. She's energetic and can handle the effort and hours now, but she knows there are other things she wants quality time for (a family, in particular). Personally, I like my days to have a certain pace to them, and if I go too many without it being that way, I know it's time for an adjustment. Things have largely been very good in that respect in recent years, but I guess it makes me less accepting of change.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Bread's sort of my thing. I make a loaf like that most weeks for my own lunches, and a couple of big kneaded whole wheat loaves about once a month for toast on the weekends.

It's also a lot more forgiving than something lie cake or cookies, which need the recipe followed a bit more closely.

Ah that makes sense. Do you have a breadmaker or do you use the oven? Seems like a lot of work regardless. I imagine myself a lot more buff if I kneaded dough once a week lol.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ah that makes sense. Do you have a breadmaker or do you use the oven? Seems like a lot of work regardless. I imagine myself a lot more buff if I kneaded dough once a week lol.

Do not speak to me of such blasphemy! I nurture my dough the time-tested way, and rejoice in the sometimes nonstandard results such as one loaf rising so much it barely fits in the toaster. Indeed, my kneaded bread recipe has its origins in a zen Buddhist monastery in California.

My weekly bread is artisanal style, so it doesn't involve kneading. In fact it only has four ingredients: Water, Yeast, Flour and Salt.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Do not speak to me of such blasphemy!

Lmao forgive me o_o'

I nurture my dough the time-tested way, and rejoice in the sometimes nonstandard results such as one loaf rising so much it barely fits in the toaster. Indeed, my kneaded bread recipe has its origins in a zen Buddhist monastery in California.

My weekly bread is artisanal style, so it doesn't involve kneading. In fact it only has four ingredients: Water, Yeast, Flour and Salt.

You're the real deal xD. I prefer pan-toasting to using a toaster, which might help your high-rise bread situation :P You should write a piece about making bread :)

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Nezchan

Sure thing. Here, have a slice.

Ahaha.. thank you for sharing it..
It looks very nice.. not gonna hv a slice only. I ll take whole loaf.. xD yummy

To reply you must either login or sign up.