Forum › Romance Girls File discussion

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Not knowing Japanese, is there a joke I'm missing there?

The story revolves around "The Little Prince" and his little planet. Star and planet are the same in Japanese (and planet means moving star, if I remember right), so it seems that Morishima Akiko shaped all the names around the theme of stars, especially The Milky Way.

星海みるき -> Hoshiumi Miruki -> StarSea Milky (To Japanese Miruki sounds EXACTLY like the English word "milky").
天川フネ -> Amakawa Fune -> HeavenRiver (The Milky Way) Boat.
ステルラ (the school) -> Stella -> Star (In Latin and Italian).

edit: And yes, naming one character Milky, and another after The Milky Way can easily be considered over the top.

last edited at Jul 17, 2014 1:01PM

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

awww, it's completed already... >_<" hmm.. well looking forward to her other work~

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Ever read a manga and not all the chapters were scanlated so you subscribe to be notified when a new chapter is released but that chapter doesn't come for months and you forget the entire plot and the fact that you even subscribed to the manga in the first place and had to reread from start? sigh

Pretty much :(

Also I really wish Office Romance would update, I want to know how Saki and Alice got together.

last edited at Jul 17, 2014 10:19PM

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Omg i read Le Petit Prince! The original French version! Weird place to find a reference.

joined Dec 18, 2014

Yay for happy-end duck ^.^

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

hahaha... I love the LOVE FLOWER DOUBLE story... :) so cute... i like things that showed yuri couples in young age will continue their love blossoming until adulthood...

53229346_p8_master1200
joined Jan 19, 2016

i loved the chapter about le petit prince. Morishima-sensei's work can always make me smile, the love between her characters always feels so truthful <3

joined Apr 18, 2017

Yay for happy-end duck ^.^

The detective story hit me right in my heart organ meat!

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

What, no one remembers Bigus Dickus or Jack Mehoff?? Though I gotta admit Clitori Anus is definitely new and quite bold. I had to double take with that one lol XD

Candice used to be a normal name, but now it also has a dirty meaning

To reply you must either login or sign up.