Forum › WDTFS fans - off topic

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

yea being an intern sucks unless u work at my office XD lol
They do 24hr shifts here too though and the interns just have to figure it out. Do u at least feel like they are somewhat supportive of u when ur in these shifts?

Depends on the type of support. The shifts are meant to teach me, so I work a lot, but I discuss clinical cases and perform procedures under supervision. But we do some heavy work. My last shift in ER had me starving and gave me a nasty leg pain for hours. Also, we don't receive psychological support, so you'd better be a bit hardcore there.

Fay
Again, I don't really know what to say about your work, since I don't work with that. I could never do it, so for me it's great!
And about getting sick... In my med school, if I get sick and miss working days, they will lower my grades and assign me to another day, so I can make up for my absence (-.-)

whoa! they sure like to exploit you!

joined Mar 8, 2014

Good job Fay! it looks great! ^.^

thank youuuu!!! I'll work hard and finish the rest too but maybe I should... cook some prawns now... omg

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Yeah.. But good thing I like what I do, so it gives me some resilience. Also I rarely get sick. ^ ^

Llamanewp
joined Mar 17, 2016

Yeah.. But good thing I like what I do, so it gives me some resilience. Also I rarely get sick. ^ ^

Lol yeah I don't usually get sick, but if I do I get really sick

Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

But doctors should manage their working hours properly, so they can be focused and productive. I'm an intern in a public uni; so I have to accept what they throw at me for now.

we don't receive psychological support

they will lower my grades and assign me to another day, so I can make up for my absence (-.-)

That's not work, that's slavery. Is the hospital that critically understaffed? That's the only thing I could think of, which would justify such a gross disregard of human dignity.
At the very least the psychological support should be a given, in my opinion. A breaking soul is like a drowning person - they don't scream for help. Are conditions like this the norm where you work or is that just an exceptional state right now?

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 3:27PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

But doctors should manage their working hours properly, so they can be focused and productive. I'm an intern in a public uni; so I have to accept what they throw at me for now.

we don't receive psychological support

they will lower my grades and assign me to another day, so I can make up for my absence (-.-)

That's not work, that's slavery. Is the hospital that critically understaffed? That's the only thing I could think of, which would justify such a gross disregard of human dignity.
At the very least the psychological support should be a given, in my opinion. A breaking soul is like a drowning person - they don't scream for help. Are conditions like this the norm where you work or is that just an exceptional state right now?

yeah I thought so too :/ like usually it's 8 hours of work... and you can't force someone to work more but then again in Japan people work like 11 hours or so and that's also why many women decide not to work...

joined Mar 8, 2014

Lol yeah I don't usually get sick, but if I do I get really sick

I don't usually get sick either, but if I do my ears hurt for an entire week or more -.-

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 3:37PM

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

I'd say this is the norm. In Brazil, the best med schools are the public ones, since they have the best teaching hospitals. However, due to economical reasons, interns and residents are assigned to work; residents receive a scholarship, interns don't. Professors are all supervisors only. There are hired physicians that help with the working load. But, yeah, we lack staff. I agree with you that's slavery; but somehow that's how I get the "best" medical education here.

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 3:44PM

Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

In Germany, it's legal to work for 10 hours, sometimes 12 hours in extremely exceptional cases (such as doctors and farmers). I sometimes do 10 hour days, but with long breaks in between and my work isn't usually as taxing, since I drive and sit a lot and earn my money with talking more than anything else. So even when I do overtime, I can still go to bed and get a good, calm sleep. But what Azai described...from a psychologist's point of view, that's suicide. And a slow and torturous one at that.

@Azai:
I see. Do you know if they're at least trying to change something or is it just like "That's how it is. Deal with it or don't" ?

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 3:48PM

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

@Azai:
I see. Do you know if they're at least trying to change something or is it just like "That's how it is. Deal with it or don't" ?

We are trying. Some chiefs of department in med schools understand that something must be done. Interns and residents are also somewhat mobilized. But it's not simple; we need more hired physicians and Brazil is living a political and economical crisis that has been giving me some headaches. Also, social welfare still suffers with some very conservative minds.

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 3:59PM

Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

But people are trying, that's something. I understand progress on a scale like this can't happen quickly, but if people are trying to get there at least, things usually do get better after a while. That's a bit of a relief. /sighs/ But still, 24h shifts? I know I sound selfish right now, but I'm glad I'm not in your shoes. You're more of a badass than Faylicia and me combined. xD

On a lighter note: less than a day until I get to hold my love in my arms again, even if it's just for 2 days for now! =D I sound like a teenager, but whatever. YAY! coughsorrynotsorrycough

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

On a lighter note: less than a day until I get to hold my love in my arms again, even if it's just for 2 days for now! =D I sound like a teenager, but whatever. YAY! coughsorrynotsorrycough

That's #TeamShameless for you. xD

joined Mar 8, 2014

But people are trying, that's something. I understand progress on a scale like this can't happen quickly, but if people are trying to get there at least, things usually do get better after a while. That's a bit of a relief. /sighs/ But still, 24h shifts? I know I sound selfish right now, but I'm glad I'm not in your shoes. You're more of a badass than Faylicia and me combined. xD

omg, so cute ^-^ yayyy clapclap

Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Well, she'll still be a bit sick...and the doctor put a lot of emphasis on the word relax, so....I don't think I'll be joining Team Shameless this weekend. xD .... Pfft. who am I kidding.

@Mvl:
I was the one to ask her out first. ^_^ But she was the one, who initiated the other firsts. xD

@Fay:
I plan on surprising her and picking her up with her car instead of mine and let her drive home if she feels like it. ^_^ Sometimes I think she loves her ride more than she loves me, lol. xD

41e23cccf0ca615cf297fc03235ceb48
joined Jan 4, 2016

I hear Minneapolis is good bike city. I was thinking of passing through in the summer any good spots u recommend?

Cool. When it comes to directions or good spots to tour, i'm the last person you should ask. I'm an indoor person. I barely step out of the house to do anything other than school and work. I barely know Minnesota.

so Mvl ur not from there, your just in Uni?

Hello!!! I've been working a lot today (or so I'd like to think >.>)
check out today's work :D
What do you think?! XD

looks great /thumps way up/

elthundercat
which country are from then? :)

Hmm Im Columbian half Savadorian born in Chile.
so im like a pupusa-empanada arepa.. tehe all my favorite street food. XD
now Im hungry =(

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 4:31PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

Well, she'll still be a bit sick...and the doctor put a lot of emphasis on the word relax, so....I don't think I'll be joining Team Shameless this weekend. xD .... Pfft. who am I kidding.

@Mvl:
I was the one to ask her out first. ^_^ But she was the one, who initiated the other firsts. xD

@Fay:
I plan on surprising her and picking her up with her car instead of mine and let her drive home if she feels like it. ^_^ Sometimes I think she loves her ride more than she loves me, lol. xD

omg >//////< I hope you have lots of fun :D

joined Jan 4, 2016

@Mvl:

@Fay:

Fay your reactions get me every time. =[]

#Teamshameless on the boards already for this weekend Nice! XD good going Lin

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 4:33PM

Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Thanks! I hope we will as well. xD

XD good going Lin

Yeah, I already have a pretty good idea what I'll be doing this weekend. xD I really do plan on reminding her to take it easy and not do it too much, but considering we're talking about Su here, I don't think I'll have much of a say in the matter. xD Su would probably top Nami... I just hope she still hasn't become resistant to my silent stare in case she really does go a little overboard.

...Just realized I'm probably bordering on oversharing here. I'll shut up now. ^_^;

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Just noticed a lot of us moved from the place we were born or come from a family of immigrants. We could be The WDTFS Outsiders. (tofu-san suggested many other titles; The WDTFS Off-topics. The Dynasty Scans Bottoms. Nami's Harem, and my favorite, Seju's Bottom Buddies).

joined Jan 4, 2016

so Mvl ur not from there, your just in Uni?

I have lived in Minnesot for over 20 years. What i was saying is that i barelu left the house to go do anything outside. During my school years i just went to school. Now i just go to work. When i want to travel i want to travel only outside of the country.

My friend took me to some bars three times and that is it. Hahaha. I never just go anywhere on my own unless travel outside of the country.

ah gotcha. yea I love traveling planning a bag packing trip to Asia but i need to save up. In the summer though i always do a cross country trip with me and a few friends, this time we might go from Cali to Vancouver to visit a friend. I have a feeling Vancouver will be a good Lez time. XD
def. recommend doing some cross country.

Just noticed a lot of us moved from the place we were born or come from a family of immigrants. We could be The WDTFS Outsiders. (tofu-san suggested many other titles; The WDTFS Off-topics. The Dynasty Scans Bottoms. Nami's Harem, and my favorite, Seju's Bottom Buddies).

Thats a whole lot of Bottoms you got going there azai

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 4:58PM

Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

and my favorite, Seju's Bottom Buddies

/high fives Azai/

Llamanewp
joined Mar 17, 2016

I vote for Seju's Bottom Buddies XD

Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Dofu is kinda the one, who comes up with most names in this thread. xD TeamShameless, Pervy Understudy, Seju's Bottom Buddies...
I'm not sure if I should be worried or happy for the kids she may or may not decide to have one day. xD

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Dofu is kinda the one, who comes up with most names in this thread. xD TeamShameless, Pervy Understudy, Seju's Bottom Buddies...
I'm not sure if I should be worried or happy for the kids she may or may not decide to have one day. xD

Don't worry. Tofu-san will be a great mama. xD

Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

@Azai:

As long as her kids won't kill her for her name choices, I have no doubts about that. xD

To reply you must either login or sign up.