Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Yeah I think Sungji needs more development too. I think knowing someone well is not so much about knowing their past though but maybe about knowing who they are. I think Sungji understands Sumin well and is able to "handle" her really easily, she knows what Sumin needs somehow I think. But there are still things about her past that are influencing the present more than Sungji imagines and it's time she starts to question them. I think Sungji really love love Sumin thooough ^///^
I think Sumin and Sungji's relationship will deepen a bit suddenly in order to add more interest! Like in the chapter where Sumin went chasing after her :)

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 9:06PM

joined Mar 17, 2016

Let's be realistic, how much does blonde hair know about Sumin? Don't you guys feel like nothing? This is like a Teenage romance, all about the sex. Which is what happens in most hormone driven situationships.

i've been trying to refrain from saying this but yeah you took the words out of my mouth (sort of. i wouldn't say it so bluntly). Sumin and Sungji's relationship feels kind of shallow so far, at least from the way Gaji has been treating them ever since Sumin tried to sleep with Sungji and failed the first time. i really feel that they really intend for Sumin and Sungji to be THE couple, but it doesn't feel that way to me as of now. they are trying to add more depth to it i can see that, but they're not trying hard enough imo...

and i wouldn't say i want my own Seju, but damn i really do want to give her a big hug, if she lets me of course. she probaly won't because i'm not Sumin lol.

I thought the same thing lol! I don't having some hot scenes every now and then, but the recent chapters were about them having sex. It sometimes feels redundant imo, like I'm hoping to see them do more what normally couples do, not all about grinding bodies.

Wear Sumin's mask for fun lol!

joined Aug 31, 2014

Faylicia

I think Sumin and Sungji's relationship will deepen a bit suddenly in order to add more interest! Like in the chapter where Sumin went chasing after her :)

i hope so too. i really like that chapter! it's the first time Sumin was shown chasing after her lover (unless there's more we don't know about yet). i'd like to see more of Sungji "handling" Sumin. i find those moments very entertaining and they sometimes show some character for them.

i'd say that knowing who they are requires knowing their past experiences most of the time though.

joined Mar 27, 2016

I do wonder if the relative shallowness of the relationship between Sumin and Sunji is intentional. Like it's being shown as such to help add tension to the Sumin/Sunji dynamic. I think we are about to see how much depth is really there, and how the Seju/Nami 'development (lie?) will make it grow (or not). Sumin really does keep Nami at arms length, even when she's going on vacation with her.

Although I am a very recent addition to the community I just wanted to iterate two things:

1) Reading your own takes on this story is invaluable to me and I enjoy the very (somewhat) referent and passive nature of you guys when it comes to discussing wdtfs.' Other communities (including the recent 'invasion' of a member long gone) seem to hyper focus on the ego-centric nature of conflict instead of showing maturity in considering the viewpoints of others. I've never seen such a nice group of people able to disagree and share, for that I thank you ^^

2) The team that creates this story are quite talented. Lesser story tellers would have merely had Seju sleep with Nami and moved on to the ramifications of that, but to show restraint and have Seju break down shows that they are truly nuanced masters of their craft. I haven't read any of their previous works, but I have found this story to be near perfection, haunting and energizing through its real, and purposefully authentic approach to human relations. A lot of quite good but not up to pare story tellers would have not even considered such an act. Even if Seju is a late term addition to the story I don't think anyone can deny that they seem to pay respect to her and consider the ramifications of what they have decided on for her as a character.

All that said

3) The people who say that Seju has never shown remorse have never had, and especially now so, a leg to stand on.

Seeya
Come discuss WDTFS with us more! I agree with you that this community feels more mature than others, because we try to respect people's opinion. Even though people here may disagree with each other's views, most of us are willing to read and interpret the posts, ponder-ate about them and judge them accordingly. Most of us are level headed, so a clean debate is possible. And the more opinions we have, the more is added to the discussion.

Azai

I am absolutely will. Though there are relatively few opportunities, mostly centered around new chapters being released ^^ Still though, you guys are great and I am happy to be sharing the journey of this story with you.

I am a little curious as to what the Seju hater would say about the recent chapter, shame she seems unwilling to moderate her tone for the sake of discussion.

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 9:16PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

Faylicia

i hope so too. i really like that chapter! it's the first time Sumin was shown chasing after her lover (unless there's more we don't know about yet). i'd like to see more of Sungji "handling" Sumin. i find those moments very entertaining and they sometimes show some character for them.

i'd say that knowing who they are requires knowing their past experiences most of the time though.

I mean well, yes, to some extent, but even after Sungji learns everything I don't think her view of Sumin will change, that's what I mean :)

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Let's be realistic, how much does blonde hair know about Sumin? Don't you guys feel like nothing? This is like a Teenage romance, all about the sex. Which is what happens in most hormone driven situationships.

i've been trying to refrain from saying this but yeah you took the words out of my mouth (sort of. i wouldn't say it so bluntly). Sumin and Sungji's relationship feels kind of shallow so far, at least from the way Gaji has been treating them ever since Sumin tried to sleep with Sungji and failed the first time. i really feel that they really intend for Sumin and Sungji to be THE couple, but it doesn't feel that way to me as of now. they are trying to add more depth to it i can see that, but they're not trying hard enough imo...

and i wouldn't say i want my own Seju, but damn i really do want to give her a big hug, if she lets me of course. she probaly won't because i'm not Sumin lol.

queerturtle
I say Team Pink is calling you (insert evil laugh here). I remember you're the one I was trying to recruit lol (I think I succeded with GraciousLlama though).

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 9:15PM

NamelessPresence
joined Feb 14, 2016

queerturtle haha on point. I say I want my own Seju because let's face it, despite her cold demeanor, she is a vulnerable soul.

And I tend to be attracted to people like that. I don't want a crazy person, make no mistake haha

PS: watch out for the recruiters. Loading people into ships and never leading them off board

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 9:21PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

I am solidly Team Pink (Pink Rose?/ Seju Sumin?) so add me to the roster. I advocate that she is the (not so secret) center of the story. ^^

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 9:25PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

I am solidly Team Pink so add me to the roster. I advocate that she is the (not so secret) center of the story. ^^

well... in the last chapters she kind of has... but we have to see what happens next.

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

I am solidly Team Pink so add me to the roster. I advocate that she is the (not so secret) center of the story. ^^

Oh my god, come to our other community (where we discuss off-topic things xD). Newp and KittoKatto, I'm doing a better job than you, guys. Team Pink may sink, but we sink together lol

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 9:21PM

joined Aug 31, 2014

Faylicia

I mean well, yes, to some extent, but even after Sungji learns everything I don't think her view of Sumin will change, that's what I mean :)

i'm not too sure what i think of that. Sumin's past was not very pretty after all. but i do think Sungji has the capability to forgive and keep on loving Sumin. that is, if Sumin doesn't go on and cause more shit to happen.

NamelessPresence
she really is. she is so broken now i feel bad for her...

and yeah i agree that Seju is a very compelling character.

Azai

I remember you're the one I was trying to recruit lol (I think I succeded with GraciousLlama though).

yes i am. congrats on your success with recruiting GraciousLlama haha.

i'm a bit harder to sway though. i still don't know enough about the story and characters to be on any team yet. i sympathize with all of the main characters (except Nammi because we hardly know anything about her so far) and my mind is quite flexible.

do you still happen to have any of those nutty cookies btw? :P

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 9:25PM

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

queerturtle haha on point. I say I want my own Seju because let's face it, despite her cold demeanor, she is a vulnerable soul.

And I tend to be attracted to people like that. I don't want a crazy person, make no mistake haha

PS: watch out for the recruiters. Loading people into ships and never leading them off board

Once you get into a ship, you shall never leave it (insert sad laugh here)

joined Mar 17, 2016

At first, I thought WDTFS would be too predictable, but the story surprised me a lot. I really enjoyed Seju's development (but it's quiet obvious, since I'm biased here). But, yeah, I definitely agree that Sungji needs some development. Let's hope we get to see it soon.

The WDTFS has the complexity of the story, which I very prefer when it comes to story like this and it is not predictable and it makes me think about the possibilities in each updates hahaha.

Gaji hasn't even given us her past, even a tiny bit of it, so we don't know what she is really thinking. It is not all about team cute leader Sung Sumin lol! So she is one mysterious character, including Nami.

Yeah I think Sungji needs more development too. I think knowing someone well is not so much about knowing their past though but maybe about knowing who they are. I think Sungji understands Sumin well and is able to "handle" her really easily, she knows what Sumin needs somehow I think. But there are still things about her past that are influencing the present more than Sungji imagines and it's time she starts to question them. I think Sungji really love love Sumin thooough ^///^

I wanna see more of her development, but maybe her thoughts in the past, especially when she met Seju in Sumin's aprtment/house? It'd be nice to see what her thoughts were. She has perhaps some lingering questions in the back of her mind, like how come Seju was there? Is she just a friend or even something more? I was wondering her past too. How come she lives with her brother and her brother's wife? Parents where are they? She mentioned them once, but that was it. She even knew how to console Sumin when it was her parents' death anniversy. She seemed she empathize, or she could be in one the same situation before. Probably different incident.

It's been almost 50 chapters, and we are not presented of Sungji's POV yet. We already saw Sumin and Seju's, yet a little of horny bunny.

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 9:27PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

It's been almost 50 chapters, and we are not presented of Sungji's POV yet. We already saw Sumin and Seju's, yet a little of horny bunny.

Only once, when she was thinking about how she didn't like people looking at her... I wonder what the purpose of that chapter was... omg the anticipation is building ><

joined Aug 31, 2014

Faylicia

i want more chapters like that. Sumin and Seju's past is full of romance drama and sometimes having a break from all that is much appreciated.

joined Aug 31, 2014

also do you guys think the whole Nammi dating Seju thing being featured in the press will cause Seju's brother to take action? i'm a bit scared of what he might do....

joined Mar 27, 2016

He's a little weird. Wasn't he the man that work of from having the dream of Seju by the window? A tad obsessive?

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I wonder if Seju's let-it-out words will change Sumin's mind. She's already had Sungji so let the game begin.

joined Mar 8, 2014

He's a little weird. Wasn't he the man that work of from having the dream of Seju by the window? A tad obsessive?

he seems mentally disturbed... he also hurt Sumin :< he's awful...

joined Aug 31, 2014

he seems mentally disturbed... he also hurt Sumin :< he's awful...

poor Seju. the only person in the family who cares about her just wants to sleep with her...... being Seju is suffering.

joined Mar 17, 2016

That guy is really weird and, yeah, obsessive. Please, don't pull Sumin to another sh!tty situation again, like the one when she was tortured in an abandoned warehouse? I remember Sumin saying her dad took care of her or something. I read the english version on lezhin. Did she mean that guy that has a mole, or the old man in the hospital? Probably Nami doesn't know about dad's/brother's queer family member.

joined Apr 6, 2016

Hello folks! Just want to give my opinion of Nami's possible intention or pov. Based on the previous chapters, it seems she really like Seju even before. Maybe she's just on the sidelines watching Seju and Sumin's abominable relationship but she knows much to the point that Nami can even discuss the details of Sumin and Seju's past events. Actually if you'll look at the bigger picture, only Nami was able to pull of those well kept emotions from Seju. She was like tapping both Sumin and Seju to "hey come on guys be matured people and make a decision for your lives". Her sarcasm and approach to both characters maybe viewed as an asshole move but I think she really cares for the both Seju and Sumin and she's kind of more matured and deep character.

joined Apr 6, 2016

-that was seju's mother

joined Mar 8, 2014

Hello folks! Just want to give my opinion of Nami's possible intention or pov. Based on the previous chapters, it seems she really like Seju even before. Maybe she's just on the sidelines watching Seju and Sumin's abominable relationship but she knows much to the point that Nami can even discuss the details of Sumin and Seju's past events. Actually if you'll look at the bigger picture, only Nami was able to pull of those well kept emotions from Seju. She was like tapping both Sumin and Seju to "hey come on guys be matured people and make a decision for your lives". Her sarcasm and approach to both characters maybe viewed as an asshole move but I think she really cares for the both Seju and Sumin and she's kind of more matured and deep character.

yeah I think you're right, she might be like that... but I think she also has a soft spot for Sejuuu ^.-
alssoooo???? hmmm? >.> ^-^ your username...?

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 10:11PM

joined Aug 31, 2014

Helianthus

i agree. this is why i don't (hope to) see Nammi being an antagonist in the story. she seems to have it together than most of the cast and is capable of pushing a lot of buttons. she is very much sarcastic and blunt about everything and that really makes her a unique character.

however i do question how good of a friend she is to Sumin since she flirts with her girls (asking for Sungji's number, pestering Seju and suggesting they should sleep together). i kind of think she was just messing with Sungji but then again both her and Sumin are kind of like players so yeah lol, Nammi moreso than Sumin i'd say, seeing how casual she is about it. i don't mind her not being "loyal" to Sumin that much but some people keep on insisting she's the best bro ever and that seems rather out-of-the-blue for me.

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 10:11PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.