Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Fix_it_by_samanthadoodles
joined Jun 7, 2015

Anyone have a guess on which jane austen work they were watching? I assumed it was Pride and Prejudice because of the arguing

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Anyone have a guess on which jane austen work they were watching? I assumed it was Pride and Prejudice because of the arguing

yep, I assumed it's P&P. Rewatching the BBC version of it now xD

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

takachi

Are you done? How was it??

Honestly I've watched it so long ago when I was younger so I don't remember what happened. I don't think I even knew how to appreciate arts and literature back then. Ssamba has just given me some motivation to go back and read some classics lol

last edited at Feb 8, 2016 5:07PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

takachi

Are you done? How was it??

Honestly I've watched it so long ago when I was younger so I don't remember what happened. I don't think I even knew how to appreciate arts and literature back then. Ssamba has just given me some motivation to go back and read some classics lol

ieeheh
lol, same here! But I like it a lot now. You can tell how great the chemistry is between the two, and how awesome they are trolling each other. Anyway it's definitely better than nothing while waiting for the new chapter, hehe. Too bad I have to work now and I can't really marathon it like I did with Achiara's secret around Christmas. But again it's easier to survive till Sunday this way ^_^

joined Apr 3, 2012

In case anyone missed this like I did

http://i.imgur.com/jqKcbwn.png

Ssamba, you clever girl!

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Been a long time follower of FF and even longer dynasty reader, but this is my first time commenting o_o' Anyway, if you wanted to see Seola and NoRae's favorite scenes from Pride and Prejudice...
NoRae (the dance): https://youtu.be/z9SXvUdM_iw
Seola ("Your hands are cold"): https://youtu.be/bFsgLhx9dxg

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I've done the typeset for Ssamba's Q&A special edition chapter 2 (between ch 46 & ch 47) (AGAIN?!! AAAA)
If anyone's interested in reading it again, you can read it again here lol

Ssamba is so cute I tell you.

@halmoni, that was a freaking long Q&A. Thanks for translating everything so well.
@thatanon typesetting takes so much time. You are so awesome for doing what you've been doing. Thank you!

edit: darn, so i typeset something already was done hahahahahah. i've been in trance after chapter 63.

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 3:32AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@tiger

It would be cruel for something to NOT happen on Valentine's day. I mean, it's the day of the release--the release day lands on the holiday, exactly.

I believe it would actually be 2/15/2016 being Monday in Korea? But for us, yes.

Yeah, I though about it. Wasn't sure.

Can someone remind me at what time the chapters are usually posted? There's a date to the right of the chapter on the Comico page. I figured that was the time it was locked, but it's a nice "even" number...--Yeah. Not sure where my training of thought is going, but can someone remind about the times?

I assume Ssamba (or some proxy) posts or submits something to Comico and its either posted immediately or delayed 'til the release time and then there's either some fixed window (chapter is unlocked for x hours) or fixed lock time (chapter is unlocked until "lock time").

P.S. Is anyone else surprised/miffed that chapter 63 only has a little over 3,300 hearts right now?

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@tiger

It would be cruel for something to NOT happen on Valentine's day. I mean, it's the day of the release--the release day lands on the holiday, exactly.

I believe it would actually be 2/15/2016 being Monday in Korea? But for us, yes.

Can someone remind me at what time the chapters are usually posted? There's a date to the right of the chapter on the Comico page. I figured that was the time it was locked, but it's a nice "even" number...--Yeah. Not sure where my training of thought is going, but can someone remind about the times?

I assume Ssamba (or some proxy) posts or submits something to Comico and its either posted immediately or delayed 'til the release time and then there's either some fixed window (chapter is unlocked for x hours) or fixed lock time (chapter is unlocked until "lock time").

I think the chapters are updated at 11:00pm Sunday Korea time. So it should still be Valentine's day next week. I've sent Ssamba an email to harrass her about it haha (jk about the harrasing)

P.S. Is anyone else surprised/miffed that chapter 63 only has a little over 3,300 hearts right now?

Honestly I'm not surprised at all. I came from Asia, I know how exciting Lunar New Year is. Everyone is busy all the time for at least a week after New Year's Day. So a lot of readers must've missed it the day it got released, then it got locked again already.

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

On FF's comico page it officially says the comic updates on Mondays (but yeah it does go up a little earlier sometimes). I'm not really getting my hopes up for something special next week, it would probably make more sense for something to happen when it's Valentine's day in the storyverse itself?

Also, ieeheh, i think that chapter was typeset actually ^^;; search for "Special Edition Chapter 2" on the imgur album! However, there is one special chapter that isn't in the imgur album (the 50 shades of grey parody), I'm not sure if that ever got typeset... if it hasn't, I actually did a rough one a while back if people are interested.

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 1:02AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@ieeheh

@tiger

I think the chapters are updated at 11:00pm Sunday Korea time. So it should still be Valentine's day next week. I've sent Ssamba an email to harrass her about it haha (jk about the harrasing)

Honestly I'm not surprised at all. I came from Asia, I know how exciting Lunar New Year is. Everyone is busy all the time for at least a week after New Year's Day. So a lot of readers must've missed it the day it got released, then it got locked again already.

Awww... Okay. Thanks for the info.

Every scene in chapter 63 is fulfilling in some way. (Still taking it all in on the umpteenth read.)

Another question. Has someone explained why No-rae was surprised at Seol-a's response (to her semi-joking invite to her home).

P.S. That editor's note "*DRUM ROLLS*" is kinda messed up, ha-ha.

P.P.S. I loooved Ssamba's Q&A. So cute. Thanks for adding that, @ieeheh, @halmoni. That was a cherry on top of the icing on the cake. Much appreciated.

EDIT: Didn't see @cipp's comment. It is indeed there. I wouldn't've seen/remembered it. So still extra happy happy and grateful over here. (^__^ )

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 1:05AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@cipp

On FF's comico page it officially says the comic updates on Mondays (but yeah it does go up a little earlier sometimes). I'm not really getting my hopes up for something special next week, it would probably make more sense for something to happen when it's Valentine's day in the storyverse itself?

Also, ieeheh, i think that chapter was typeset actually ^^;; search for "Special Edition Chapter 2" on the imgur album! However, there is one special chapter that isn't in the imgur album (the 50 shades of grey parody), I'm not sure if that ever got typeset... if it hasn't, I actually did a rough one a while back if people are interested.

muwahahhahahahahha darn! i just loved Ssamba so much my mind didn't even work, completely lost in trance like No-rae

about that rough you did, why not? please shareeeeeeeee

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 1:09AM

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

I'll just post it here, if there is a typeset already then I'll take this back down.

Typeset of this special chapter (Q&A + 50 Shades of Grey parody)

Chapter 28.5 Special Edition 1
http://postimg.org/image/ia7vszbj7/

Edit: added credits and author's note + cleaned some stuff up. also fixed chapter # (thanks anon!)

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 2:50PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I love all Ssamba's Q&A. She sounds so sincere and cute. I have a feeling that Ssamba put a lot of her own personality into building No-rae's character. And Seol-a is "her taste" haha.

@cipp at the end of the 50 shades of grey parody, it says "punishment is money x insanity." could you elaborate what it means? i still don't get even with halmoni's note

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 1:26AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

ieeheh:

[...]

I've done the typeset for Ssamba's Q&A special edition chapter 2 (between ch 46 & ch 47) (AGAIN?!! AAAA)
If anyone's interested in reading it again, you can read it again here lol

Ssamba is so cute I tell you.

[...]

edit: darn, so i typeset something already was done hahahahahah. i've been in trance after chapter 63.

cipp:

[...] However, there is one special chapter that isn't in the imgur album (the 50 shades of grey parody), I'm not sure if that ever got typeset... if it hasn't, I actually did a rough one a while back if people are interested.

cipp:

I'll just post it here, if there is a typeset already then I'll take this back down. I haven't read 50 Shades but this was still pretty funny.

Chapter 29.5 Special Edition 1
http://postimg.org/image/fpkvalonh/

Edit: I forgot to credit this properly in the image itself but the translation was from halmoni's pastebin!

@ cipp

Chapter 29.5 Special Edition 1

It's 28.5, actually.
Released on Monday, 2015-03-30.

@ cipp and ieeheh

If you would like, I can upload your typesets to the Fluttering Feelings Imgur account.

Let me know. :3

@ cipp

Can you please split the one huge image into a bunch of smaller images? Like it is usually done on the Imgur uploads.

I could do it, but you have the original file.
Also, you can add the credits that you mention you forgot.
Also, because I'm lazy. ;D

Can you please send the images in a .zip file to flutteringfeelingsmanhwa at gmail.com?

(That is, of course, only if you to do it. Not "forcing" you or anything like that. ;P )

In any case, thank you both for your contributions, and great job to both of you!

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 2:23AM

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Again, disclaimer that my Korean is probably kindergarten level or less, and I'm especially useless when it comes to slang and idioms... but here's my guesswork process from blindly stumbling through Korean google results. Maybe halmoni can confirm/deny?

So the Korean text from the original comic is "혹은 돈x랄" (at least I think? I can barely make out ssamba's handwriting). I was getting confused because 돈 means money but I had no idea what 랄 meant, and it wasn't turning up any dictionary results. But 돈x랄, and alternatively 돈g랄, kept showing up as a hashtag on instagram. Cue wildcard search, I think the x is actually censoring the middle syllable and the word is 돈지랄. I don't know if this is considered a bad word or something and that's why it's censored? As for the meaning, it seems like it has something to do with spending money like crazy? (for example, some of the google image results for 돈지랄 show people sitting in bathtubs full of cash)

So going back to the comic, the gist is probably something like Seol-a's 50 obsessions come with the punishment that she's losing a TON of $$$$ lol.

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 2:17AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

cipp

Again, disclaimer that my Korean is probably kindergarten level or less, and I'm especially useless when it comes to slang and idioms... but here's my guesswork process from blindly stumbling through Korean google results. Maybe halmoni can confirm/deny?

So the Korean text from the original comic is "혹은 돈x랄" (at least I think? I can barely make out ssamba's handwriting). I was getting confused because 돈 means money but I had no idea what 랄 meant, and it wasn't turning up any dictionary results. But 돈x랄, and alternatively 돈g랄, kept showing up as a hashtag on instagram. Cue wildcard search, I think the x is actually censoring the middle syllable and the word is 돈지랄. I don't know if this is considered a bad word or something and that's why it's censored? As for the meaning, it seems like it has something to do with spending money like crazy? (for example, some of the google image results for 돈지랄 show people sitting in bathtubs full of cash)

So going back to the comic, the gist is probably something like Seol-a's 50 obsessions come with the punishment that she's losing a TON of $$$$ lol.

lol thanks cipp for doing your research. Halmoni is amazing for translating the chapters so fast. I gotta say Ssamba's sense of humor is quite something... Sometimes it's hard to get hahaha..
All Ssamba's special chapters circled around Seol-a. I think Ssamba is really fond of Seol-a's character that she built :) She's done quite a great job. I'm in love with Seol-a too lol. Everything about her, even her bitchy side.

flutteringfeelingsmanhwa
joined May 17, 2015

Thanks to ieeheh for making a rough typeset of Special Edition Chapter 2!

This is a special chapter that was released on 2015-09-28 between Chapter 46 and chapter 47.

A rough typeset has been uploaded to flutteringfeelings.imgur.com (short address: bit.do/ffi).

Special Edition Chapter 2 rough typeset by ieeheh
http://imgur.com/a/HUPmL

Enjoy!

Note:
For now, it is placed at the top of the Imgur account. Later on, it will be moved to the right spot in the release order.

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 3:00AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@anonymous thanks!

YamaChan

Ssamba, you clever girl!

YamaChan, how many times have you re-read FF? hahaha. Great catch. Ssamba is always full of surprises. She carefully planned everything from the beginning.
I have so many thoughts after this chapter. I really need to re-read everything again and put them down in words lol

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 4:15AM

joined Apr 3, 2012

@anonymous thanks!

YamaChan

Ssamba, you clever girl!

YamaChan, how many times have you re-read FF? hahaha. Great catch. Ssamba is always full of surprises. She carefully planned everything from the beginning.
I have so many thoughts after this chapter. I really need to re-read everything again and put them down in words lol

Hmmmm. Far too many times to admit publicly?! I find new things every re-read, like that page I linked. You miss Ssamba's attention to detail and foreshadowing just following things week to week and worrying about the finish line instead of the journey :)

joined Mar 28, 2014

Haha, keep seeing some really sweet kisses dreams last nights! Ssamba, I know you're reading it, please, marry me xDDD

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@YamaChan

Ssamba, you clever girl!

Which chap is that from?

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

YamaChan

ieeheh

YamaChan
Ssamba, you clever girl!

Hmmmm. Far too many times to admit publicly?! I find new things every re-read, like that page I linked. You miss Ssamba's attention to detail and foreshadowing just following things week to week and worrying about the finish line instead of the journey :)

Haha I'm certainly not one of those people. I've always loved Ssamba's roller coaster ride. I've re-read FF countless of times too. All the parallels and foreshadowing are amazing.

I made a comparison based on your findings.

NO-RAE'S HAND REACTION!!!! GAAAAAAAAAHHHH

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 1:23PM

Tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large
joined Oct 18, 2015

I was thinking that maybe somehow Pride and prejuice was an inspiration for Ssamba's work, maybe there's something of it on her characters, for example, Norae's Prejuices on Seola's reputation of men's heartbreaker , prevents her from realize Seola's feelings towards her, and that's why she always reacts so fiercely when she saws seola talking (flirting to Norae's prejuiced eyes) with any guy.
Then Seola should be the Proud one, feeling so frustrated when Norae doesn't seems to notice her beauty, or doesn't reacts at all to Seola's flirting, and that 'kicks' on her pride makes her feel insecure, and breaks her selfconfidence...
Sorry, just thinking outloud, excuse my bad english... :)

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

mezmerize

I was thinking that maybe somehow Pride and prejuice was an inspiration for Ssamba's work, maybe there's something of it on her characters, for example, Norae's Prejuices on Seola's reputation of men's heartbreaker , prevents her from realize Seola's feelings towards her, and that's why she always reacts so fiercely when she saws seola talking (flirting to Norae's prejuiced eyes) with any guy.
Then Seola should be the Proud one, feeling so frustrated when Norae doesn't seems to notice her beauty, or doesn't reacts at all to Seola's flirting, and that 'kicks' on her pride makes her feel insecure, and breaks her selfconfidence...
Sorry, just thinking outloud, excuse my bad english... :)

mezmerize, i'm mezmerized by your interpretation, even with your "broken" English lol. FF fans are the best!!!
No-rae's Prejudice and Seol-a's Pride.
Wow. Ssamba-nim. I'm impressed.

Side note: Any more lurkers following this board want to come out and join the discussion *official* fandom? Fangirling mode is acceptable *wink wink*

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 6:01PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.