Forum › Anyone interest in working on a yuri manga together.

joined Sep 28, 2014

After years of reading yuri, I want to contribute a bit back to the community by making a one shot manga of my own. I can draw pretty well, but my writing and storyboard skill are pretty bad. I'm looking for a writer who's interested in working with me. I had a few who offered to work with me, but they disappear for weeks and months during the process. Should I give up on the idea?

*fu autocorrect, it doesn't know how to spell yuri"

last edited at Dec 18, 2015 2:45PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I would try it but I am a crazy slavedriver that would probably kill you if you don't translate my thoughts perfectly statisfactory

joined Sep 28, 2014

I would try it but I am a crazy slavedriver that would probably kill you if you don't translate my thoughts perfectly statisfactory

I don't think it would be posible draw the perfect scene. It would require a lot of time to keep redrawing each panel. That's the different between art and writing. Art takes more time to create each scene, while in writing, it can be as simple as a sentence. I work and go to college at the same time so I want this to be a fun and no hassle experience.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

New yuri is always welcome, hope you find someone to help you :) good luck.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yurt manga sounds amazing.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I guess it would be something like northern version of Otoyomegatari

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I guess it would be something like northern version of Otoyomegatari

Or maybe a more modern version of Earth Girls, but with Mongols.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Watch Cave of the Yellow Dog everybody

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Haha I was going to send the exact same picture with the same bad joke but I refrained myself x)

last edited at Dec 18, 2015 4:00PM

joined Sep 28, 2014

New yuri is always welcome, hope you find someone to help you :) good luck.

I don't think I'll be able to find anyone to help xD Been searching for a year ish now, I end up finding very picky writer or good easy going one that disappears on me. I might go solo and have pretty art but a crappy story line for the manga lol. But it' pretty easy to please most yuri fan, just lot of cuteness and fluff.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I would be very much interested in seeing how those people actually worked with you, what they contributed and how.

joined Sep 28, 2014

I would be very much interested in seeing how those people actually worked with you, what they contributed and how.

We usually talk through email, they would give me a brief summary of the story. I'm not too picky regarding plot, so I usually give them the okay to write the script. The script would contain dialogues and scenes. During scripting stage, I would provide them with sketches of the main characters. But for some reason, during the scripting stage, the writer would disappear on me for weeks and months and never to be heard again. I don't like to push or harass people, so I just let it go instead of spamming them with emails asking their where about.

last edited at Dec 19, 2015 12:15PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ankd posted:

I don't think I'll be able to find anyone to help xD Been searching for a year ish now, I end up finding very picky writer or good easy going one that disappears on me. I might go solo and have pretty art but a crappy story line for the manga lol. But it' pretty easy to please most yuri fan, just lot of cuteness and fluff.

I have a lot ideas but, my visions are too clear and I feel like nobody but me can draw it the way I see it. In normal collaboration I don't think I'd be too picky, but with stories I really want to make I just don't see it working this way. I probably could come up with something totally new though. The question is how exactly you want to do it and what kind of criteria you have?

last edited at Dec 19, 2015 12:16PM

joined Sep 28, 2014

Ankd posted:

I have a lot ideas but, my visions are too clear and I feel like nobody but me can draw it the way I see it. In normal collaboration I don't think I'd be too picky, but with stories I really want to make I just don't see it working this way. I probably could come up with something totally new though. The question is how exactly you want to do it and what kind of criteria you have?

At this point, I don't have any criteria. I'm just a hobbyist artist that want to contribute back to the yuri community since there's not enough out there. And I totally understand why writers are picky when it comes to drawing the perfect vision. But at the same time there's limitation, mainly I can't read or see into your mind. Another would be time. One time, this writer made me redraw a scene 5 times T.T Just see this a a fun opportunity to create something with me and what will become of the end result.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

5 times? what the fuck? Properly conveying much?

joined Sep 28, 2014

5 times? what the fuck? Properly conveying much?

The writer was just SUPER picky. The art was fine. They were nitpicking little details, and when I changed it, they decide they want me to redraw a whole different scene. I don't know, it just wasn't going to work out from start.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ankd posted:

At this point, I don't have any criteria.

Well I was asking more, what you prefer to draw. Comedy? Drama. Also any preferences about characters? Gap age etc. School setting? College/work? How many pages you are ready to draw? I don't mind coming up with something simple, but I'd prefer it to be something more mutual. Also having some general direction would make it much easier for me to focus on something specific xD

joined Sep 28, 2014

Ankd posted:

At this point, I don't have any criteria.

Well I was asking more, what you prefer to draw. Comedy? Drama. Also any preferences about characters? Gap age etc. School setting? College/work? How many pages you are ready to draw? I don't mind coming up with something simple, but I'd prefer it to be something more mutual. Also having some general direction would make it much easier for me to focus on something specific xD

I'll list what I'm good at drawing and you can pick and choose:

Romance, Drama, Slice of Life, Fantasy (witches and girls with magic), Princess, Age Gap, Time Skip, Childhood, Animal Ears, Interesting Cultural Outfit, Pretty Scenery, Disney Plot (is that even a thing? lol) Where the MC are challenged but are rewarded in the end.

That's all I can think of currently.

And I'm willing to draw as many pages as it takes for the story. I don't like rushed ending.

last edited at Dec 19, 2015 1:13PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ankd posted:

Time Skip

I so want to see you drawing Time Skip xD

Ok, so I guess we need to exchange emails. You want to do it here or you prefer to go on dynasty irc or something?

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

well, that one got snatched away, back to the drawning board to draw my own stuff

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

[...] Interesting Cultural Outfit, Pretty Scenery [...]

Nice. I'm interested already. Do you have blog/tumblr/whatever, Ankd?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

none posted:

I forgot to ask, but I'm interested in some samples of your work too ;3

joined Sep 28, 2014

Ankd posted:

Time Skip

I so want to see you drawing Time Skip xD

Ok, so I guess we need to exchange emails. You want to do it here or you prefer to go on dynasty irc or something?

Sorry for taking a while to reply back, work got in the way.
I don't know how irc works so I'll just post my email on here. It' annie_d14@ymail.com.

Please don't disappear on me too xD

And regarding the arts, I'll show you my other work one day. I do a lot of art streaming when I have time, so you can come watch me draw the manga when we start.

joined Sep 28, 2014

[...] Interesting Cultural Outfit, Pretty Scenery [...]

I started art when I was really young so my works are scattered everywhere, on different art sites and stored on multiple computers. I need to gather the arts into one site one day XD

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ankd posted:

Sorry for taking a while to reply back, work got in the way.

Np <3

I don't know how irc works so I'll just post my email on here. It' annie_d14@ymail.com.

Haha sure xD It isn't that hard though.

Please don't disappear on me too xD

Sure xD

And regarding the arts, I'll show you my other work one day. I do a lot of art streaming when I have time, so you can come watch me draw the manga when we start.

Sure ;3

To reply you must either login or sign up.