Forum › Happy Birthday! Elichi! discussion

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Could be worse Arisa, They could be even more 'clingy' in front of you.

216139_4178547737_8655_n%20resize%202
joined Jul 29, 2015

"Celebrate it fully..." hrm...

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

Just don't walk into room Arisa.. :3

Tumblr_inline_o0jzypbfvb1tn11th_540_1452229079373
joined Jun 5, 2015

eri sulking face is cute..

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Since I've already gotten notorious as a "rude pig" on tumblr and a lot of people are kind enough to point out my mistakes here, I'm just going to go ahead and post this. I didn't look through the rest of it, so this is all I got.

What happened to the punctuation, by the way?

last edited at Oct 22, 2015 11:27PM

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

Since I've already gotten notorious as a "rude pig" on tumblr and a lot of people are kind enough to point out my mistakes here, I'm just going to go ahead and post this. I didn't look through the rest of it, so this is all I got.
http://puu.sh/kUfKa/6b52705d77.jpg

What happened to the punctuation, by the way?

No wonder I was so confused by that first page. lmfao

last edited at Oct 23, 2015 12:17AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

That explains a lot.

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

I was like "oooh, In medias res in just four pages? A bold strategy!"

I loved it. Such a warm art style. Thank you for translating this!

rexbandit Uploader
41620721_big_p12%20(2
joined May 12, 2013

This scanlator already has quite a reputation for mistranslating doujin/strips. She also refuses to ask for QC or editing help from other translators and groups who have offered. I'm really not surprised; errors are par for the course with her, unfortunately. :(

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Well, I appreciate it none the less. Chinese is hard. :O

(was joke)

last edited at Oct 23, 2015 12:54AM

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Well, I appreciate it none the less. Chinese is hard. :O

(was joke)

It's good that you appreciate scanlators. But if you're getting something that's wrong from the very first bubble, which by the way is an extremely easy sentence, then what's the difference than just reading the raw? The mistakes here made the story completely confusing to me. It wasn't until I had to go and look at the original to realize what's happening in the first panel. I don't really want to turn this thread into a big talk, but I thought it was appropriate that I post it here instead of tumblr this time since people correct me here all the time. I had a run in with this scanlator before on tumblr and made some unnecessary comments, so this time I'd really like to be fair and hope to spark some interest in this community to actively look for more from scanlators. It's not a job I get it, but there's no reason for any of us to just say "Well barely enough is good. AT LEAST WE GOT SOMETHING!" I believe that we should always strive for improvement as scanlators and the community as a whole will benefit from it. I really want to see more people to actively think and go"Well this sentence was weird, and I'm confused. Perhaps it could be like this...?"

But maybe that's just wishful thinking.

P.S.
Yesterday I saw that people were angry at just the resolution size on het scans on sadpanda. I kinda wish this community was that strict lol

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

^ That was hilarious

This is is hentai!

Need Hi-res Hentai. Hentai-res. -/slapped for pun

joined Mar 25, 2013

When you don't know the language at all, people (or at least I) assume that the author has written it that way. I very much want to learn the language, but for the life of me, I can't concentrate when I'm trying to study it alone. For a couple years now I've tried to sit down and learn it, but for some reason only の stuck in my head xD

As for the first panels, I didn't think anything was wrong, in hindsight though, I guess you wouldn't circle a date if it's already that day xD

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

You didn't think it was confusing for nozomi to say it's your birthday today! And then the bottom completely contradicts what she says?

I mean I was confused like she just said its Eri's birthday today so why did we back track like five days and have Eri asking about the 21st though? I didn't think you'd need to know Japanese to realize there's something weird going on here.

last edited at Oct 23, 2015 7:37AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

When I re-read it again, yeah. I also read it when I haven't had any sleep for a little over a day as well. That probably contributed a little. As for why the backtrack, I thought it was a flashback to show the first birthday when they were together? I don't know xD

last edited at Oct 23, 2015 7:48AM

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

The confusion is real basically.

Even to those who eventually knew the language. LOL

Haha don't make those jokes on your babyboo, Nozomi! Eri-chan's gonna SULK for a very long time, if ya don't do something! >~<

I LOVE MA NOZOERI BABIES, SOOO ADOOORBZZZZ <3<3<3

joined Aug 10, 2015

Yesterday I saw that people were angry at just the resolution size on het scans on sadpanda. I kinda wish this community was that strict lol

Meh.Dream on.
:p

joined Jan 8, 2014

When I re-read it again, yeah. I also read it when I haven't had any sleep for a little over a day as well. That probably contributed a little. As for why the backtrack, I thought it was a flashback to show the first birthday when they were together? I don't know xD

Whoa, your not the only one, I only realized it here in the forum(i also thought it was a flashback to the year before)

To reply you must either login or sign up.