Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I know but you know how people is sometimes. The "neckbeard" line wasn't really liked for example.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Neckbeard? Must've missed that one. Still better than the Hyperdimension Neptunia ports translation.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I know but you know how people is sometimes. The "neckbeard" line wasn't really liked for example.

lol, what? where is that line? xD

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

When gear tits and her partner are making fun of Mamori's name in the beach.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Ah, yeah. My mind must've completely ignored that one. Is Funi's translation any better though? Cause besides the 'neckbeard' I don't recall anything else. It's pretty accurate otherwise.

last edited at Oct 13, 2015 2:58PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

One that I remember from Commie is in Symphogear, according to a comment on MAL, "...I feel like a hundred things went wrong" get turned into "...felt like a hundred climaxes in a row".

joined Mar 25, 2013

Haven't watched Symphogear, but I wouldn't go with Commie if there was anything other than it and HorribleSubs.

If that did happen though, then they are just trolling.

last edited at Oct 13, 2015 3:08PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

When gear tits and her partner are making fun of Mamori's name in the beach.

Ah, I see, lol (I kinda glossed over that scene tbh). I don't particularly care for these "liberties" in translations (nor the sub-par), not an obsessed zealot over petty details. As long as the gist of the entire scene comes across.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh boy. Possible plot spoilers

Here's the problem. ==
==Mamori was sent to the Island as a gift. She was supposed to be given to Charlotte, her legal liberator. Not to Mirei
To further stress things up. Tokonome is a sword type Extasis, (one three so far can do this) Each on their own Island.

It's not a super powerful thing or fate of the world deciding but rather one of those "rare" types that appear once in a while.

It would seem logical, from a position of social display of power, to have one.
Especially on a tiny island.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Oh boy. Possible plot spoilers

Here's the problem. ==
==Mamori was sent to the Island as a gift. She was supposed to be given to Charlotte, her legal liberator. Not to Mirei
To further stress things up. Tokonome is a sword type Extasis, (one three so far can do this) Each on their own Island.

It's not a super powerful thing or fate of the world deciding but rather one of those "rare" types that appear once in a while.

It would seem logical, from a position of social display of power, to have one.
Especially on a tiny island.

My question is, is the Extasis bound to only one person? Cause that little scene with the BDSM kind of hinted at whoever gets you horny, the wording still alluded to her being an exception that she 'can do it with anyone'. Cause I wouldn't like to see her getting her hands on Mamori and 'activating' her, or just about anyone could do that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

According to the same source

Here's the deal. ==
==Charlotte scares Mamori and doesn't know how to deal with her. If Charlotte can't make Mamori feel safe or have a conection then, she won't turn. ==
==Problem though, is that she feels comfy with the Mirei, the tanned natural like ganguro girl that doesn't talk much.

That's a pretty roundabout way to have the classic arrange marriage story with lesbians

joined Mar 25, 2013

Bah, that just sank my view of the anime..

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Bah, that just sank my view of the anime..

Why?

joined Mar 25, 2013

Arranged marriages, I've seen enough in het animes/manga to last me a lifetime.

last edited at Oct 13, 2015 5:04PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Me too but the fact is being set and the context makes it worth it because if nothing else it confirms a romance between Mamori and Mirei. The same source of those spoilers also claims this is a scene from the second episode

The first consensual kiss between Mamori and Mirei

joined Mar 25, 2013

Not really confirms a romance, more like sense of belonging, like she's an item (for Charlotte at least) and Mamori feeling safe with the only person who hasn't done (ha) something to her.

Also it's kind of obvious that at some point Mirei will scare Mamori shitless and go to Charlotte to be consoled. Or at least it's very, very likely and that just grinds my gears.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Not really confirms a romance, more like sense of belonging, like she's an item (for Charlotte at least) and Mamori feeling safe with the only person who hasn't done (ha) something to her.

C'mon you can't tell to me that Mirei isn't crushin hard on Mamori.

Also it's kind of obvious that at some point Mirei will scare Mamori shitless and go to Charlotte to be consoled. Or at least it's very, very likely and that just grinds my gears.

We'll have to see but if it happens it should be solved quickly so they can focus on the mysterious behind the island, the virus and Mirei's past.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

What liberties? They haven't deviated that much from what they actually say.

True, but by this time adding some flavor to conversations and high westernization has become staple of Commie and it is still possible for them to make some mistakes later one. So far they do decent job, but not everyone like the way their handle their translations.

I think there is no point thinking too much about that. It was just one episode and we are yet to see where this series actually wants to go with this entire set up. Talking about analogy of arranged marriage is imo way to early ;x

joined Mar 25, 2013

^True, but then again it's very plausable, since it seems like Charlotte was waiting for a new girl to come on the island.

As for the translation, we'll see how that develops.

C'mon you can't tell to me that Mirei isn't crushin hard on Mamori.

Probably yeah, but Mamori is another deal :P

We'll have to see but if it happens it should be solved quickly so they can focus on the mysterious behind the island, the virus and Mirei's past.

Hopefully, I still will be pissed if they do that though. Or at least if Mamori indeed gets scared because of Mirei, she doesn't run and instead try to talk to her which would make their 'bonds' deepen. That would be the ideal.

If I came off as saying that I was dropping it, I didn't mean it that way. I'm just gonna be a little cautious.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well shit, Siren has manga tie in as well

http://www.famitsu.com/comic_clear/se_seiren/

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Well shit, Siren has manga tie in as well

http://www.famitsu.com/comic_clear/se_seiren/

all 3 getting a manga? dang thats kinda insane...

well, this is the one I am interested on, much prefer the main character's design there.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Second Episode is gonna be really, REALLY gay

joined Mar 25, 2013

That's nice, but who the hell is that and why is Mirei not in the costume?

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

That's nice, but who the hell is that and why is Mirei not in the costume?

Obviously a forced marriage. Guess who is going to storm the church?

joined Mar 25, 2013

Well, yeah, but wasn't it implied that Charlotte was gonna be the one? And that is not Charlotte :P Or it was only in regards to being owned. Still, the one thing I didn't want and it immediately shows up in the next episode xD

To reply you must either login or sign up.