Forum › Is it possible to search using more than one tag?

Capture
joined Mar 19, 2015

Is multi tag searching a thing on Dynasty Reader?

For example a search for all comics containing both "adult life" and "comedy" tags.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Click in the blank search bar and hit enter, select "Advanced," and there you go. Should look like this, with nothing added: http://puu.sh/kvzX2/8aeffd4546.png

last edited at Oct 2, 2015 1:53AM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/search?q=

click advanced
in the "With tags" field, put in your tag and click it when it pops up on the drop-down menu thingy. do this for every tag you want to include in the search
the "Without tags" excludes tags from your search.

edit: what a ninja

last edited at Oct 2, 2015 1:55AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

High fives for much effort and helpfulness.

joined Jan 30, 2013

You can type it ("Adult life comedy") straight into the search bar and it'll do the same.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

You can type it ("Adult life comedy") straight into the search bar and it'll do the same.

I experimented and it does indeed work if you type the tags straight into the search bar, but the order of the search results is more helpful if you use the advanced search instead. For instance, when you just type it into the bar, chapters can get scattered all over the results. That may not be that big of deal, but in this case their are 8 pages of results, so it does make difference.

last edited at Oct 2, 2015 2:38PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yuri Girl 1001

For instance, when you just type it into the bar, chapters can get scattered all over the results.

Chapters get organized a bit weirdly as it is anyways. It would seem more logical to me to make sure the search results display a manga's grouping before all its chapters instead of afterwards.

Capture
joined Mar 19, 2015

Thanks a lot for the responses everyone!!!
Very helpful =D
Sorry for the late reply (cough almost a week later cough). I think I logged out soon after posting the question.... And then it completely skipped my mind until I logged in today ^^'
Thanks!

To reply you must either login or sign up.