Forum › Kase-san discussion

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

So the ex doesn't turn out to be an ex at all, nor is she a bad person. Great choice there, but I have to question how "perfect" Kase is portrayed to be. Every bad thing about her turns out to be not true; she has never been in a relationship, she is athletic and good looking, She is consistently cheerful or at least agreeable, and she is utterly and selflessly devoted to Yamada. It's an enjoyable story, but it feels as though it was written out of wish fulfillment.

I know people like this in real life. And really, with lesbians this has a higher chance of being totally realistic than straight couples --> never been in a relationship because real life lesbians that you happen to be attracted to are hard to find.

Now, as far as finding them to date them/getting them to like you in particular....well.... Hard to do.

last edited at Oct 3, 2016 6:55PM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

^ hahah! Sounds familiar ^^
Doesn't get any better when you live in a small ass town with no community at all...
(๑•́ ₃ •̀๑) Boo!

@ themusicman500

So the ex doesn't turn out to be an ex at all, nor is she a bad person. Great choice there, but I have to question how "perfect" Kase is portrayed to be. Every bad thing about her turns out to be not true; she has never been in a relationship, she is athletic and good looking, She is consistently cheerful or at least agreeable, and she is utterly and selflessly devoted to Yamada. It's an enjoyable story, but it feels as though it was written out of wish fulfillment.

But Kase is extremely jealous and overprotective whenever a guy shows up near Yamada...
That could lead to trouble in real life. I doubt it will happen in this manga though...

last edited at Oct 3, 2016 8:05PM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I know people like this in real life. And really, with lesbians this has a higher chance of being totally realistic than straight couples --> never been in a relationship because real life lesbians that you happen to be attracted to are hard to find.

Now, as far as finding them to date them/getting them to like you in particular....well.... Hard to do.

Nah that makes sense. I was more trying to emphasize how EVERY insecurity Yamada has regarding Kase, turns out to be nonexistent.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

What's this?
Girlfriends talking about their feeling?
And properly communicating their worries about their relationship?!

AND TRUSTING IN EACH OTHER AND WORKING THROUGH THEIR MISUNDERSTANDINGS WITHOUT DRAMA?!!!
IN A YURI MANGA?!!!!!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Alright so Yamada's jealousy has been dealed with
Time to deal with Kase's jealousy torwards Mikawa

joined Jan 31, 2013

See? Senpai was cool after all. The moment she told Yamada not to butt in whatever she had with Kase, she meant it in a competitive way (be it about sports or just to have some fun teasing, considering she already knew about Kase and Yamada o3o ).

Nah that makes sense. I was more trying to emphasize how EVERY insecurity Yamada has regarding Kase, turns out to be nonexistent.

What's the problem with that? Yamada's insecurity was caused by a false rumor to begin with. When they finally cleared things out, there's no point in digging any deeper. Everything is good when it ends good!

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

See? Senpai was cool after all. The moment she told Yamada not to butt in whatever she had with Kase, she meant it in a competitive way (be it about sports or just to have some fun teasing, considering she already knew about Kase and Yamada o3o ).

What's the problem with that? Yamada's insecurity was caused by a false rumor to begin with. When they finally cleared things out, there's no point in digging any deeper. Everything is good when it ends good!

There's nothing problematic per se about any of this. It's a good series. What I'm saying is not that their relationship is flawless, it's that Kase is sort of an idealized romantic partner. It may be that I'm simply jealous.

last edited at Oct 3, 2016 8:43PM

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

No fucking way Its over
Fuck that shit Im going to commit sucide

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

No fucking way Its over

Every chapter says end, you know.

joined Jun 25, 2016

Everytime i see the credits im all like "FUCK SHIT I WANT MOOREE" its a long time ago i actually had a real cute and good yuri manga (Well besides Lily love then)

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

No fucking way Its over

Every chapter says end, you know.

To be fair, chapters 17-20a have been using tsudzuku, probably because the cliffhangers have been a bit more blatant.
I presume an absolute final chapter would end with the more definite 完.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Dear Diary:

Today I communicated with Kase-san for the first time. It was weird. Actually talking and saying things? It's a lot different from talking to my seeds, or even from staring at Kase-san and sulking. Kase-san's mouth moved and my ears vibrated. Then I vibrated my mouth and I think her ears vibrated.

Every reader: Finaphuckingly.

... Even if it ends here at least it has closure as a Story S. But if not, there's a lot of mileage to get out of Honest Morning Glory and Clued-In Kase-san Actually Date without Drama.

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 10:43PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Actually Date without Drama.

Boy we're in for a mouthfull if Yamada doesn't manage to get to the university in Tokyo Or was it someplace else? I dunno that scotch gave me quite a headache

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 11:52PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Boy we're in for a mouthfull if Yamada doesn't manage to get to the university in Tokyo Or was it someplace else? I dunno that scotch gave me quite a headache

It's a different uni to Kase's sports college, but its a Tokyo uni nonetheless.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

This comment page killee me xDDD just every one of them omg

And well I'm glad everything ended on a good note :)

joined Jun 7, 2015

AAAAaaaaaaAAAAaaaaaa

I'm so proud they finally talked it out

These precious babies <3

... excuse me while I scream some more at how cute this series is

AAAAAaaaaaaaaaAAAaaaAA

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Yes the beloved reversal <3 that would be nice...but her inner monologue like in ch... ^_^ *drifting....
Um ok what was I saying?!
I hope it goes on to college but im guessing "graduation" will be the "end" :/
I dunno I think they may do it but not show it in the manga...which would suck but also not cause the manga is the best no matter what....it'll prob be "tasteful" :p

This is a comic I'd be fine with the characters aging and it just going until they're little old ladies. :-)

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

HHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGNNNNNNNNNNN......so cute >///w///<

joined Aug 28, 2016

Inoue behaves kind of like Undyne from Undertale.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

What have you done. Now I cannot read her interactions with Yamada without hearing "Spear of Justice" in my head. :-(

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Now you got me picturing Mikawa as Alphys and Kase as Mettaton (purely for hair reasons, honest)

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Y'all wanting more drama and realism in this story just GTFO. Leave me alone to enjoy my delicious strawberry candy yuri. Nom nom nom.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I think some people are just used to the way drama is normally treated in stories. I don't see why both being realistic portrayals can't be accurate: some people can resolve drama easily and others with great difficulty.

joined Aug 28, 2016

What have you done. Now I cannot read her interactions with Yamada without hearing "Spear of Justice" in my head. :-(

Mission Accomplished ]:)

joined Aug 28, 2016

I don't wanna be forceful but it's been some time since the latest chapter was released...

BTW does anyone know a yuri manga, where the heroines have to face prejudice of society around them?

To reply you must either login or sign up.