Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Why did Ayano lie about the undressing some other girl though........
When's gonna be the time i see AyanoxMiyoshi like LOVEY-DOVEY AS IN LOVERS FOR REALZ...?!? >~<

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

AsukaEnergetic posted:

Why did Ayano lie about the undressing some other girl though........
When's gonna be the time i see AyanoxMiyoshi like LOVEY-DOVEY AS IN LOVERS FOR REALZ...?!? >~<

They're almost the main characters so I bet... at the very end

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/kishitorajiro/status/917741499458101254

it looks like this is moving a different magazine, Jump+. It is not getting cancelled.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/kishitorajiro/status/917741499458101254

it looks like this is moving a different magazine, Jump+. It is not getting cancelled.

Nice

Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

hey, new here (though i've been lurking without an account for a while i guess). i'm hardly experienced with scanlating, but if there are no updates by the end of the year i can give it a go? i'd hate for people to miss out.

joined Dec 7, 2017

hey, new here (though i've been lurking without an account for a while i guess). i'm hardly experienced with scanlating, but if there are no updates by the end of the year i can give it a go? i'd hate for people to miss out.

I'd be totally behind that, I don't know if you need any special permission from anyone before doing so but I don't see why not, if the person who does the updates isn't going to do it anymore (it's been more than 3 months now and from what I can tell sometimes there's like a year between any updates, I remember I started reading this when I was 15 and it was basically just no plot, then it stopped for a long time). I'm super excited to see the relationships pan out now that they seem to be getting more serious (especially Ayano and Miyoshi), and I'm a little afraid that the scanlator isn't going to do this manga anymore, and that would be a tragedy (because my mom wouldn't let me take Japanese in college T.T) So if you decide to do that, I for one am behind you all the way! :)

Btw I'm totally new too, I actually signed up just to respond, haha, so I'm sorry if I'm not doing the correct format for responses!

Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

I'd be totally behind that, I don't know if you need any special permission from anyone before doing so but I don't see why not, if the person who does the updates isn't going to do it anymore (it's been more than 3 months now and from what I can tell sometimes there's like a year between any updates, I remember I started reading this when I was 15 and it was basically just no plot, then it stopped for a long time). I'm super excited to see the relationships pan out now that they seem to be getting more serious (especially Ayano and Miyoshi), and I'm a little afraid that the scanlator isn't going to do this manga anymore, and that would be a tragedy (because my mom wouldn't let me take Japanese in college T.T) So if you decide to do that, I for one am behind you all the way! :)

Btw I'm totally new too, I actually signed up just to respond, haha, so I'm sorry if I'm not doing the correct format for responses!

ok cool! I've been reading it in japanese as it updates and there's some really great stuff happening, so i really want to make sure people who want to can read as much of it as possible. especially since there isn't an official english translation available (to my knowledge).

my tools are, uh, ms paint and screenshots from the ebook version i bought, though. so...fair warning i guess

Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

ok cool! I've been reading it in japanese as it updates and there's some really great stuff happening, so i really want to make sure people who want to can read as much of it as possible. especially since there isn't an official english translation available (to my knowledge).

my tools are, uh, ms paint and screenshots from the ebook version i bought, though. so...fair warning i guess

Hey this probably isn't the best place to put this but if you need a cleaner or proofreader I've had a bit of experience in both. I really enjoy this series as well and the upload rate isn't.... optimal haha.
But I mean if you've got that covered that's fine

Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

Hey this probably isn't the best place to put this but if you need a cleaner or proofreader I've had a bit of experience in both. I really enjoy this series as well and the upload rate isn't.... optimal haha.

that would be great, actually! like i said, i'd just be winging it, so any help is welcome!
my email is amarantosian@gmail.com

joined Dec 7, 2017

that would be great, actually! like i said, i'd just be winging it, so any help is welcome!
my email is amarantosian@gmail.com

I don't really know scanlation lingo but I'm really good with grammar and spelling and such if you need any help there- otherwise I'm afraid I'd be useless :/ but I think that's basically what cleaning is so I guess you've got that covered, haha.

On another note, I don't know why this series is so obscure given its length. I guess maybe it's iffy beginnings as a borderline hentai and the overload of pairings? But I ship anyone, anywhere, so it's ideal for me, haha.

I'm not patient by nature and I'm dying to see what happens next, like if Miyoshi will ever catch on- if Ayano hadn't lied at the end of this last one I'd guess a Green-Eyed Epiphany would be in the works but now I'm just not sure at all. And then there's Shizuka, who sucks as a human being for stringing along Mio, of all people, all while playing the victim/good girl...people like her and Kaori really deserve each other.

ANYWAY! Shippers lenses off now, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know! I'll try to check back here more frequently!

Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

I don't really know scanlation lingo but I'm really good with grammar and spelling and such if you need any help there- otherwise I'm afraid I'd be useless :/ but I think that's basically what cleaning is so I guess you've got that covered, haha.

On another note, I don't know why this series is so obscure given its length. I guess maybe it's iffy beginnings as a borderline hentai and the overload of pairings? But I ship anyone, anywhere, so it's ideal for me, haha.

I'm not patient by nature and I'm dying to see what happens next, like if Miyoshi will ever catch on- if Ayano hadn't lied at the end of this last one I'd guess a Green-Eyed Epiphany would be in the works but now I'm just not sure at all. And then there's Shizuka, who sucks as a human being for stringing along Mio, of all people, all while playing the victim/good girl...people like her and Kaori really deserve each other.

ANYWAY! Shippers lenses off now, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know! I'll try to check back here more frequently!

thanks for the offer! i'm pretty confident in my writing skills, but i'm always open to concrit or advice!

i've actually gone ahead and submitted chapter 89, so i guess happy holidays whenever it gets uploaded! i don't really know the turnaround time on here, though, so i can't say when that will be.

joined Dec 7, 2017

thanks for the offer! i'm pretty confident in my writing skills, but i'm always open to concrit or advice!

i've actually gone ahead and submitted chapter 89, so i guess happy holidays whenever it gets uploaded! i don't really know the turnaround time on here, though, so i can't say when that will be.

Oh, sweet, that was fast, haha! Can't wait to read it! And that's great- for some reason a lot of scanlators have questionable writing skills, so it's cool that you can do it yourself! Although I guess a lot of it is English not being their first language though. Happy Holidays yourself, and thanks for your hard work! :)

joined Jan 5, 2018

what did you mean

Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

what did you mean

...that i believe my knowledge of grammar, spelling, and syntax is pretty solid, but i am open to constructive criticism and advice from readers as i proceed with translating this work? i'm not really sure what was unclear about that, but hopefully this is easier to understand.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

They were making a joke because "concrit" isn't a word, at least not an English one. Most likely a typo, so they were wondering what word you actually meant to type.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

They were making a joke because "concrit" isn't a word, at least not an English one. Most likely a typo, so they were wondering what word you actually meant to type.

I guess he just didn't consider that people might not understand "concrit" as shorthand for "constructive criticism."

Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

I guess he just didn't consider that people might not understand "concrit" as shorthand for "constructive criticism."

yeah, i guess my bad for assuming people are like me and google words they don't recognize. (this in the second result after googling "concrit" btw -> https://fanlore.org/wiki/Concrit)

anyways, all words are made up and prescriptivism is boring.

(also, not a he, but it's cool)

joined Mar 21, 2017

darui

Yeah i don't see what the big deal was, your use of the the shorthand concrit was legitimate.

Looking forward to your translations.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

@darui
I dunno about other people, but I usually check a dictionary if I don't recognise a word. And as you might expect, "concrit" doesn't show up in a dictionary or any reliable websites, so one would assume it's a typo.

Edit: fanlore.org doesn't sound like a go-to site for looking up words you don't know, so I'm not surprised that people would overlook it.

last edited at Jan 8, 2018 12:48AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

(also, not a he, but it's cool)

Wow I actually wrote "he"? Must have been tired when I wrote that comment.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

gets this printed on 12-foot banner

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

gets this printed on 12-foot banner

It's also convenient if people understand what you mean, especially on an international forum where a large amount of users' first language isn't English... =A=

last edited at Jan 8, 2018 2:41AM

Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

@darui
I dunno about other people, but I usually check a dictionary if I don't recognise a word. And as you might expect, "concrit" doesn't show up in a dictionary or any reliable websites, so one would assume it's a typo.

Edit: fanlore.org doesn't sound like a go-to site for looking up words you don't know, so I'm not surprised that people would overlook it.

It's also convenient if people understand what you mean, especially on an international forum where a large amount of >users' first language isn't English... =A=

again, my bad. i did explain it again in detail. i guess that saying about assumptions exists for a reason.

for the record, i don't even own a paper dictionary, because i find google more useful. this is probably because most of the unfamiliar words i come across are of the colloquial/slang variety and wouldn't appear in a dictionary, as you said. but fair point about first languages (though i myself have googled many the japanese slang word with success).

Tsukao15
joined Dec 4, 2017

anyways, on a more relevant-to-this-forum note, i've made some headway on why nothing's been uploaded yet and i'm working on resolving that.

joined Mar 8, 2016

I sent an email to DrMario to see what's up. I'm one of the people who had been working on the past couple of volumes with him as editor/proofreader. He did the heavy lifting of scanning, cleaning, translating, etc, and did a fantastic job. If he's tapping out, he may at least be willing to pass on the torch formally and point you to good raws and some tools and tricks for cleanup, as well as fonts etc.

Myself, I am available to continue to help if needed. I have the originals and I do read Japanese.

To reply you must either login or sign up.