Forum › Posts by Cannibal

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 19 Feb 09:04
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I'm sorry people talked about things in ways you didn't approve of.

Also, nice. Threaten to ban me again because you don't want me to answer your stupid fucking claim that it doesn't need to be explained despite the fact that the Japanese character in this Japanese manga don't know this traditional Japanese culture like the weebs here.

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 9:09AM

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 19 Feb 08:35
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I don't believe that at all. This particular character is notably bad at conforming, and in love with a person she probably shouldn't be.

You literally just said that you are more keen than Yuzu on traditional Japanese culture despite her being right in the middle of the situation. There is a difference between not knowing and not conforming. She already knows about the family, Mei's dream, and her past ex-fiance. Yet you believe that she's too dumb to realize something so simple.

It's certainly possible. There are also plenty of other possible reasons she believes she has to do it, even if she in fact doesn't. Would it kill you to use some imagination? I've never once seen you accept a manga with any ambiguity present. It's your kryptonite.

Yeah, how dare I want the author to tell me the story instead of me having to fill in the plotholes myself.

Well, if Mei and Shou refuses to take over, he won't have any choice when the time to die comes.

That's not what I said. I said if she refuses to get married, her getting married and inheriting the school are not connected.

She can't if she want the business to be still in the company.

Typo? Last time I checked her dream was to be headmistress, not continue her prestigious family line.

And I repeat, in Japan, a woman SHOULD be married and MUST have kids, it is expected of her - otherwise, she is badly viewed as somebody who doesn't do her duty for the country.

Their declining population says otherwise. The average age for a woman to marry for the first time in Japan is 29 while it's 27 in the US.

She could become headmistress without marrying, yes, but that would be badly viewed and the rich would stop sending their daughters in the school, because "what is this woman who isn't even married doing here in the first place?".

That has got to be the largest grasping at straws I have ever seen here yet. What if her husband died or divorced? Would parents start yanking their kids out? No, that is just absurd.

If Mei wants to keep her family prestige and reputation, she has to marry and bear children.

Well, good thing that she never once claimed to ever want to do that. Her dream was to inherit the school, not support her non-existent family.

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 19 Feb 08:05
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I guess she just isn't as keen on traditional Japanese culture like you guys.

Actually if you've been paying attention she's clearly not keen at all on this sort of thing. It's been one of her fatal flaws the entire series.

yeah, sure, whatever you say. Just glad that we got it straight that you guys believe that you are more keen on traditional Japanese culture than the characters in the manga.

Since you seem to know so much, if Mei refused the arranged marriage would she be denied the headmistress position?

Cannibal
Kanamemo discussion 19 Feb 07:38
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Does this mean you guys are looking to bury the hatchet with dynasty scans?

Also, thanks. Always wanted to read the manga, was disappointed to see that it was dropped after I finished the anime.

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 7:39AM

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 19 Feb 07:36
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Some simple things dont necessarily have to be explained.

Except its not simple, if it were then Yuzu would have seen it coming. I guess she just isn't as keen on traditional Japanese culture like you guys.

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 7:36AM

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 19 Feb 01:23
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

So everything has to be explained, you cant put two and two together?

Yeah I can, problem is that there is no 2+2, it's more like 2X+2Y. It's the most important drama causing event in this story and yet it never once gets explained. It requires you to fill most of it in yourself and even then most of the explanations people have come up make absolutely no sense in regards to character motivations.

@Serenata I'm just surprised you havent caught the irony in that yet.

@Nez Now you're just encouraging me at this point.

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 1:28AM

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 21:54
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

No, if it was about being traditional then Mei would never become headmaster simply because she is a woman. Her husband would become headmaster instead. She would have to dedicate herself to raising her children like a traditional Japanese housewife.

Again, her having children has to do with who she will pass it down to, not it being passed down to her first. They are separate issues.

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 21:30
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

But they are, the school IS the family business/heritage. Just like for any children of a rich CEO from a big company, continuing the family "lineage" clearly means continuing the family business and inheriting the company; so the family can continue to prosper and have money thanks to it, one of the children has to take over.

So if Mei isn't married gramps is going to sell the school to someone else? No, none of that makes a damn lick of sense. She can continue the business without having to pump out kids of her own. Mei having kids has to do with who she will pass it down to, not about it being passed down to her.

For the family to keep its status and prestige, one of its member must be at the head of the school. Since her father doesn't want to do it, if Mei wants her family to keep all its advantages, heritage and prestige, she has to become headmistress. Or her future husband could if he's adopted, but he still has to be part of the family, so marriage..

Mei is the only family member left. It wouldnt be about family status and prestige, and will be her status and prestige. She would become headmistress no matter her marital status. Getting married has absolutely nothing to do with Mei becoming headmistress.

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 20:55
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Well one COULD say "it's because clearly her family (with the exception of her father) is very strictly traditional, so the marriage is expected in order to carry on the family lineage so no real explanation feels needed", but to say that you also have to accept that somehow Mei has managed cognitive dissonance with the arranged marriage situation along with her romantic relationship with Yuzu up to this point

Except, again, those two are not connected. Continuing her family lineage has absolutely nothing to do with becoming headmistress. It's two completely separate issues.

so who knows what the author is actually thinking at this point.

¥¥¥

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 20:23
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Im not triggered or anything about. Sure its sad, but come on everyone let be real for a minute. If this was a Slice of Life more than anyhing. She was already engaged when it first started, but then she had to get engaged to a someone else. Not every highschool yuri manga is supposed to be a happy fairytale. Grant it though, the ending is supposed to be a Happy Ending, but that can be with the characters all living a happy life and enjoying it to the fullest. Whether theyre together or not.

There is a difference between a melodramatic story and sad story that actually makes sense. This is a melodramatic story where the plot points are never actually explained. Not once does it explain why Mei getting married has anything to do with becoming headmistress and yet all these drama revolves around that absent connection.

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 8:23PM

Cannibal
Their Story discussion 18 Feb 11:16
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Still betting that the sweet potato scene was an extra as well.

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 11:15
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Yes, because humans never have conflicting feelings and motivations. Humans never want multiple, different things that are sometimes diagonally opposed to each other. Humans are simple, uncomplicated creatures that only ever operate with one single motivation in mind. And obviously, love is the most important motivation of all. Therefore, if you are not prepared to drop your own family (whom you love) and all other dreams you might have (like running the academy) like hot potatoes the moment love enters the picture, then the only possible explanation is that it was not love in the first place. You nailed it. As usual.

Remind me, at what point in the manga does it explain that Mei has to get married to inherit the school? Oh, wait it never did, not once did it ever explain how the two are connected.

Also, remind me where Mei explained that inheriting the school has always been her dream? Never mind, it actually explains that she was anticipating for her father to return and take over the school instead. Her "dream" to inherit the school is actually relatively new to her and completely lacks any actual presented motivations that Shou didn't easily shut down.

The school is just an excuse because there is no actual love there at all. If there was then Mei would have taken a page from her own father and pursued what she actually wanted. But since she doesn't actually love Yuzu her new dream to become headmaster wins out easily.

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 03:16
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Flip it around and you notice that Mei is misunderstood, she loves Yuzu, you cannot deny that she does

Yes, you can. Shou left the school and his family to live the life that he wanted. Mei can't even leave the shitty school to be with the girl she loves, only explanation is that she never actually loved her in the first place.

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 21:20
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Told you, I didn't have to explain how bad this chapter was, everyone else is doing it for me.

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 16 Feb 21:05
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

When your whole argument is boiled down to "it's just your opinion, man" you know you cant defend your own.

Again, I dont have to drone on trying to teach someone who eats trash that they are eating trash, this time everyone else will do it for me. The scanlation team already warned everyone how bad the chapter is and /u/ is having a meltdown over it. Sometime your opinion is in the tiny minority and you will have to accept that your treasure is everyone else's trash.

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 16 Feb 20:46
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Don't have to, everyone else is going to do it for me. Citrus is already known for being a trashy soap opera that survives solely on the appeal of Harumin and Yuzu, this new chapter is just icing on the shit cake that even has the scanlation group calling it out for how bad it is.

I get that you have shit taste, don't have to remind me every time I criticise a bad manga.

last edited at Feb 16, 2018 8:47PM

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 16 Feb 20:25
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

If you like random time skips that give the author an excuse to completely cut out a story arc because she is trying to end the shit show after cashing in the anime check then you like trash. How can you support this shit?

I pity anyone that kept buying books past volume 4.

Don't want your stupid pity still going to buy it because i enjoy it and support Yuri.

Support bad yuri, recieve nothing but bad yuri.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

This discussion.... Jesus, you can't even read a fucking manga anymore without having feminist nut-jobs shouting rape everywhere. I'm so disgusted of what this world has become.

I'm sorry people talked about things in ways you didn't approve of.

Irony

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 16 Feb 15:10
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

If you like random time skips that give the author an excuse to completely cut out a story arc because she is trying to end the shit show after cashing in the anime check then you like trash. How can you support this shit?

I pity anyone that kept buying books past volume 4.

last edited at Feb 16, 2018 3:50PM

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 16 Feb 14:51
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

^ Hahaha if you ever needed confirmation that this trashy series was dragged out hoping for an anime there you go.

Saburouta and Kodama Aoko are the worst things to happen to the yuri genre.

last edited at Feb 16, 2018 2:59PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

cheating implies secrecy and deception.

No, it doesn't. Someone can cheat, straight up tell their SO and it doesn't magically become not cheating.

Therefore, it is totally possible that the two are not in a committed or exclusive (it's possible that they are open to multiple partners, i.e. polyamory) relationship yet

Except I have already quoted part of the dialogue with the doctor clearly saying "running to someone else". There is no running to someone else if they have already agreed to an open relationship.

or the doctor is just pulling the spy's leg, and trying to convince her to stop with the dangerous missions. You have no evidence for the cheating. It's possible, but we have no reason to conclude with any confidence that it's happening.

Except for the whole doctor clearly stating that she is indeed cheating with some guy, last bubble even has her asking what excuse she is going to tell him.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

No it doesn't. The bisexual tag only refers to sexual orientation of a character. We have a seperate tag for cheating. This stuff is pretty self-explanatory.

No, it doesn't. There are plenty of stories with bisexual characters that don't have the tag, the tag usually gets added if the bisexual girl is in a relationship with a dude at some point in the story, meaning that the dude either gets NTRed or the other girl gets cheated on.

You are right in that it's not casual sex because there is clearly romantic attraction between them, but that doesn't mean that it's a committed relationship, or that they've agreed to be exclusive. Jealousy can arise in a non-committed or non-exclusive relationship, too. People are funny like that. And relationships can become committed or exclusive over time.

Except the doctor specifically says "If you don't like the thought of me running off to someone else..." If the relationship wasn't exclusive to begin with then how can she be running from the spy to someone else if she wasn't never committed to the spy to begin with? It's clearly cheating.

last edited at Feb 15, 2018 5:43PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

"If you don't like the thought of me running off to someone else..."

It's like some people just don't read what's right on the page and make up their own stories in their heads.

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 14 Feb 10:44
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Shou can come back OR Grandpa can just die. I'm rooting for the second option.

Cannibal
Image Comments 14 Feb 07:01
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016
Dfi-ffqv0aaol3e-orig

The series has the tag so why shouldn't the stand alone images?