Forum › Looking for Feedback on a Yuri Visual Novel - Starlight Vega

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Personally, I didn't have much trouble with the transitions. The scenes before, in, and after the book felt slightly abrupt, but otherwise I didn't notice anything of the sort. That was fun! And...agonizing. Who picks a spot like to end on?! I'll definitely keep an eye out for more news and its eventual release.

Also I hate to play editor, but there were some moments - that I think hadn't been caught already - that might be errors:

Melody should be saying this, not Aria?
thourough = thorough?
the spot where the book was in empty
dont
as the other do
she took my, hand,
school passed by surprisingly uneventful (Think it ought to be surprisingly uneventfully)

If they'd already been pointed out or you weren't looking for that type of feedback, please excuse me!

Lastly, I think it'd be a good idea to consider revising your "About" on tumblr to reflect that the game is no longer free.

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 1:16PM

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Thanks for the help everyone! :) You guys are awesome! We'll make the appropriate edits to the final game demo now.

Also by chance, is anyone on the Yuricon mailing list? I've submitted a post last week on there to get additional feedback for the game, but I haven't seen it posted.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

My friend Razz has been working diligently on her visual novel for the last 2 years.

That's a name I haven't heard in a while. Glad to hear she's making progress, though.

Avi
joined Apr 6, 2015

Dynasty has been pretty much invaluable when it comes to receiving feedback on the game. Thank you to anyone who played my demo and I hope most of you enjoyed it. I'm posting to announce I've launched a Kickstarter campaign in order to seek out funding for the games interface and soundtrack.

Starlight Vega Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1005595766/starlight-vega-visual-novel

Also a thumbs up on Greenlight!:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=414779039

You can pledge by doing a game pre-order (and also get your name listed in the credits!) or by also adding on goodies like an artbook, wallpapers, illustrations, and even special limited edition items. Having a Kickstarter also gives me the possible opportunity to improve the story even further through stretch goals, polishing the game as much as possible before the full release.

Also if you know a friend who might be interested in the project, please tell them. Word of mouth is arguably the most powerful way to get the game out there... especially a yuri game.

Again, thanks you so much for the incredible support so far, Dynasty.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Wow, already reached 50% in just 24 hours o_O; yuri fans are amazing~

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I see the Kickstarter added a stretch goal for a harem ending at 15.000$.
I really hope it doesn't center only on the MC and that there is gonna be some affection among the harem'd girls too if that goal is gonna get reached. Analogue and Hate Plus totally spoiled me in that regard.

7000$ was hit by the way, so there's gonna be a new romantic interest and the 8000 for new romantic love scenes shouldn't be a problem either.

I also really appreciate the fact that Starlight Vega is like the second ever yuri OEVN with good art.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 1:34PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I also really appreciate the fact that Starlight Vega is like the second ever yuri OEVN with good art.

Name of the first yuri OEVN with good art please!

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Analogue and Hate. The art that is actually there - namely the sprites and character portraits in Hate Plus- are really pretty. My Twin Brother Made Me Crossdress As Him And Now I Have To Deal With A Geeky Stalker And A Domme Beauty Who Want Me In A Bind!! is gonna be the next one with good art, by the way.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Analogue and Hate. The art that is actually there - namely the sprites and character portraits in Hate Plus- are really pretty. My Twin Brother Made Me Crossdress As Him And Now I Have To Deal With A Geeky Stalker And A Domme Beauty Who Want Me In A Bind!! is gonna be the next one with good art, by the way.

I should have expected that, I already know them but thanks anyway.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 1:56PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Hey Razz, congratulations!

http://nichegamer.com/2015/04/sekai-project-is-publishing-the-yuri-filled-visual-novel-starlight-vega/

Man that's great! I hope they get enough fund for the last goal "More Endings/Harem Ending", just more $4,285.

last edited at May 1, 2015 10:02PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm glad you guys are doing well :) I'll try out the demo right now!
Edit: THUMBS UP!

last edited at May 2, 2015 5:23AM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

$13,619 with 9 days, so close to $15,000 (More Endings/Harem Ending) but so far from $18,000 (Epilogue/Afterstories)...

So how many of you guys pledged? or didn't give any money and will just download for free somewhere later? \ (`A´) /

last edited at May 13, 2015 4:24AM

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

I loved the demo. The character designs are really well done and I thought the backgrounds were beautifully detailed and helped set the mood of the story. The pacing was also enjoyable, since sometimes I get a little bored while playing visual novels but, that wasn't the case here. I honestly have no complaints, except that I wish I could know the rest of the story. lol.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

And we got more than $15,000, with 6 days to get to $18,000.

last edited at May 16, 2015 12:15AM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

I'm late to the party, but played the demo last night and I like it a lot. Melody is great!! I'm a sucker for stories about friends becoming lovers. And those two are so cute.
I already pledged by Paypal. And in Kickstarter is almost $17,400 so maybe it's gonna reach at least the $20,000 mystery tier. Maybe even the $22,000 tier.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Thanks everyone for the kind comments! We're at the 22 hour mark and it's already at the 20K tier ^_^ Amazing progress~

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Thanks everyone for the kind comments! We're at the 22 hour mark and it's already at the 20K tier ^_^ Amazing progress~

Hey Xan, can you tell us how much donations you have in Paypal? more people will donate or up their pledge if they know you're almost at 25k, you still have time to reach it, but only if they know you're close.

last edited at May 21, 2015 7:14PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Hey Xan, can you tell us how much donations you have in Paypal? more people will donate or up their pledge if they know you're almost at 25k, you still have time to reach it, but only if they know you're close.

You can just look at the kickstarter though.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

You can just look at the kickstarter though.

It don't say there how much it have on Paypal.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

It says so at the top of the Campaign section. Last I asked, it was still $247.66.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So the campaign is over and they got to 22.000 which means Harem love scene still hoping for feelings between all the girls, not just towards the MC. Just saying. No extended wordcount but getting 22.000 for a yuri VN (which is two niche genres in one) is pretty good in my opinion.

Congratulations on the campaign, really looking forward to the game now.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Hello everyone! It's been a long time :) Thanks to everyone that backed Starlight Vega on Kickstarter last April. The game is in it's alpha stages now, and plans for release will be no later than early March crosses fingers. We've managed to create a new demo with extra scenes (the 3rd love interest), the promised custom soundtrack and a brand new GUI. Screenshots and link to demo is found below:

http://www.razzartvisual.com/starlightvega/new-starlight-vega-demo-1-2/

last edited at Jan 18, 2016 8:44PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Wow, it's been already that long since the Kickstarter? Time flies.

I got my Backerkit email today, so I filled that out. Had the tumblr for the project bookmarked since, I don't know how many years ago (I'd like to say since sometime in 2012), so that this is finally almost out, it is exciting to see. Congrats!

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Hello everyone! It's been a long time :) Thanks to everyone that backed Starlight Vega on Kickstarter last April. The game is in it's alpha stages now, and plans for release will be no later than early March crosses fingers. We've managed to create a new demo with extra scenes (the 3rd love interest), the promised custom soundtrack and a brand new GUI. Screenshots and link to demo is found below:

http://www.razzartvisual.com/starlightvega/new-starlight-vega-demo-1-2/

Congrats! I'm really looking forward for the finished game.

To reply you must either login or sign up.