Forum › Looking for Feedback on a Yuri Visual Novel - Starlight Vega

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Hello everyone!

My friend Razz has been working diligently on her visual novel for the last 2 years. We felt that the feedback and opinions from yuri fans would be the most useful in making this game the highest quality we can. We believe Dynasty would be the best place to ask since we spend plenty of time ourselves on the site. The story synopsis goes:

"You play as Aria, a girl who moves into her grandfather’s old house. While exploring the upstairs study one night, she and her friend Melody accidentally unleash a flirtatious demon named Lyria, who spent the past 50 years in a stone.

After freeing her from her prison, the two become attached by a ‘Lifelink Stone’, which means Lyria can’t go far from Aria without feeling repercussions, and vice versa. This gets quite awkward when Aria tries to go about (what’s left of) her normal life."

Razz has just recently finished the demo, which is available on PC, Mac, and Linux. Six different endings are obtainable through your choices made throughout the final game version. The visual novel is a romance comedy and PG13 for mild sensuality. Full game will be $9.99 to pay for programming and an original soundtrack.

The demo link (40mb) can be found here: http://www.razzartvisual.com/starlightvega/?page_id=20
Tumblr: http://starlightvega.tumblr.com/

Razz has been working on Girls Love works for many years now, and perhaps some of you may remember her short story webcomic Love Fight: http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=79991

Any general comments and interest in the game would be immensely helpful! You can leave comments on tumblr or her email razzartvisual(at)gmail.com.
I'll also be sticking around if there are any questions or comments as well :) Thanks!

last edited at Apr 7, 2015 5:08PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

No rape.

Please for the love of god, don't put rape in it

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Sounds interesting, but

No rape.

Please for the love of god, don't put rape in it

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

O_o There is clearly no rape in the game. There isn't even any ero scenes in the game actually.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I have been blindsided one too many times by the word comedy

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I like the art, it looks great. I'll try when I have some time.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Downloaded. Definitely going to check it out if I have a free minute.

last edited at Apr 7, 2015 10:34PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

This looks great! I'm a huge visual novel fan so i'll definitely give it a go tomorrow and try to give some feedback.

Also hope you don't mind me sharing this on Fuwanovel.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Your mediafire mirror for the Windows version links to the mac's.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

@Maus - Sorry to hear that. But if you play the demo or read the webcomic, you'll have a really good idea what type of comedy Razz does.
@flips - OTL okay that's been fixed, thanks for pointing that out.
@Nosebleed - That'll help a lot, thanks for sharing it!
@trafi and OrangePekoe - Hope you both enjoy it!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

@Xan

Found a mistake, When Sid(?) asks you who you want Lyira or Melody, theres dialogue a bit after that mentioning Lyria, but the name displayed of the character speaking says Lyria (who is not in the scene), instead of Sid.

Ah ~
This makes me reminisce of em game testing days.

Anyways, seems interesting.

last edited at Apr 8, 2015 12:22AM

Avi
joined Apr 6, 2015

Thanks everyone, I'm excited to get feedback from yuri fans themselves. I'm hard at work prepping for the upcoming crowd campaign and the game itself, but I'll be around to answer questions.

@Nosebleed
This looks great! I'm a huge visual novel fan so i'll definitely give it a go tomorrow and try to give some feedback.

Also hope you don't mind me sharing this on Fuwanovel.

I greatly appreciate that! Word of mouth is always a good thing... especially for a yuri game.

@Flips

Found a mistake, When Sid(?) asks you who you want Lyira or Melody, theres dialogue a bit after that mentioning Lyria, but the name displayed of the character speaking says Lyria (who is not in the scene), instead of Sid.

Thank you for catching that, I've fixed it for the next demo release. :)

last edited at Apr 8, 2015 2:25AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Definitely checking out your webcomics :)

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Interesting, going to check out the demo.

Edit : played it a bit, looks promising so far. Few remarks, though. I kinda feel that the transitions are a bit rushed sometimes. Like we jump from a situation to another just like that, can get a bit confusing, at least for me.

Art is nice, just that Lyria's drawing seems a bit odd somehow, her chest look kinda weird, but maybe it's just me.

Will keep playing it more when I got more time. ^^

last edited at Apr 8, 2015 7:45AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'll probably finish Amaranto today and give my feedback later today when I get around to playing your game but I spread the word a little so YuriReviews put you on a list and YuriNation wrote an article. Hope that helps with gathering a little interest.

joined Apr 19, 2014

Mm. The art is pretty good for an indie project, and there's at least enough variety in busts/backgrounds for the demo.

As Chantelune said, the transitions between scenes can be kinda abrupt. One that sticks in my mind a couple hours after playing is the outro to the sequence where Aria and Melody are trapped in the book.

The characters' voices are fairly different overall, but Melody and Sid were a bit similar at times. Relatedly, Sid feels a little flavorless and well-adjusted for someone whose primary socialization for the past 50 years has been watching TV, but he's a cute dragon thing and not a cute girl so I can see why he didn't get that much thought.

I have a few more issues, but they're mostly subjective or from being part of a demo - many of the choices didn't change as much stuff as I'd like, Aria and Lyria don't feel like they have much chemistry at the moment even if you go all-in on her choices, Melody never really got a particularly romantic scene, I didn't find anything very funny. Still, it's solid overall and I'd at least try the full version.

joined Dec 1, 2010

Ooh, I'm always wishing for more yuri visual novels! (to the point that I downloaded ren'py to try and see if I could make one despite having no writing or art skills...I digress)

I'll definitely check this out!

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Do whatever you want.
Just don't put this type of conclusion
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_end_ch08 (Warning!click this at your own risk!)
in your true ending.

last edited at Apr 8, 2015 9:24PM

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

Congratulations on making such an awesome work!! We need more yuri visual novels in this world, cause lemme tell ya, WE'RE RUNNIN' OUT.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

Why do I keep falling for 2D characters? ;u; Bless this demo.

joined Jan 30, 2015

I don't really play many visual novels, but I will give it a try (and try to give useful feedback.)

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Little tidbits I found:
1. Then I felt your life force.
2. 'Well, nothing on foreign languages from other worlds' sounds off to me. Maybe it's the use of both 'on' and 'from' in this particular case.
3. I never though I'd... be okay with brainwashing my own mom.
4. You don't usually hear something like 'What kinda selfish is that' unless it's his weird talk coming into play again.
5. But neither one of you have one.

Art is semi-anime, semi-western. I like it. Will grab it when the full version pops up. Drop by for a reminder/advertisement post when it does.

last edited at Apr 19, 2015 12:02AM

Avi
joined Apr 6, 2015

You guys are fantastic! Big thank you to all who have left comments and feedback so far. I'm very happy my friend posted the game here, because Dynasty has truly been invaluable. :)

@OriginalGengar
You're amazing. That helps a ton, actually. I'm making an affiliate link section and I'll add both of those to the list.

@redpanther
I've been a yuri fan for close to a decade now. I would never put a random guy ending or guy love interest in my yuri stories. The game has some bad ends but that's par the course with visual novels. (and none of the bad ends have men or rape.)

joined Dec 1, 2010

Okay, finally went through it and I like it so far! Still not sure what to think of Lyria, though I guess that's kinda the point, lol. Anyway, super interested in seeing the rest of the story!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Just played through the demo

It shows a lot of promise, great work!

I have no complaints about the interface, the story or the tone. The characters are endearing and the mistery is compelling. Art is very pleasant to the eye although Mom would benefit from more sprites.

To reply you must either login or sign up.