Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

takachi posted:

I won't deny it, the lack of a chapter today destroyed my Sunday quite a bit and made me feel really frustrated and empty. But. BUT. This just proves how much I love and and care for the series and its author. Keeping in mind how vulnerable Ssamba is to stress, I really wish her to relax, take it easy, watch some nice DVD at home, drink something warm and cosy like a hot chocolate, and enjoy herself a little. I'm pretty convinced that she's given an all-nighter today but still couldn't do it. Or perhaps she got more interesting ideas to make the next chapter even better. Or, perhaps, the chapter was supposed to be longer than the previous two and she physically needs time to draw it all, in all those minor details that we all love so much. I have no doubts she'll compensate the lack of the chapter today next Sunday in an amount we can't even imagine!
So, if anything, let's support Ssamba with cheers, and wishing her good health! It's not like FF's just suddenly disappeared without an ending, we just need to be a tiny bit more patient. And dear Ssamba, keep your chin up! I'm sure all your fans are wishing you to get better!

Yeah my Sunday has felt a lil empty too :'( But I'm not frustrated though, I didn't expect Ssamba to be a superhuman. To put on such a short and late notice, I really think Ssamba tried to work on the chapter to the last minute but her body just didn't allow her to.
Remember Yuji's flashback chapters after the hiatus last year? Man... it was freaking long. I had high hope for chapter 65, and now my hope has skyrocketed hope i didn't set myself up for a big fall lol

NamelessPresence
joined Feb 14, 2016

*Hahahahah I postponed watching so many shows last week cuz I can't do anything else besides waiting for FF. Guess I'll have double episodes for all
And I'm so with you lol. For the past couple of weeks, I woke up before 6am on Sundays, but the day didn't start til 4pm cuz I always reread FF and analyze it hahah.

Ok, now is a good time to get back to my RL*

I actually achieved a lot today because of the two hour early start

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

i wish ssamba knows how much we all love her and her work, and how it greatly affects all our sundays/mondays.
if our love could reach her, may be she'd feel a bit better, despite the cold.
i hate being sick, more than anything else! i feel bad for anyone who is! please rest properly ssamba. :)

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Since coming back from the hiatus mid-August, this is only the second time ssamba's taken a break (and honestly it's not even a break, fighting a cold reeeeeally sucks). Don't forget they still released a chapter around the Christmas and New Year's holidays. And unlike big-name comic artists, they probably don't have assistants helping them out either.

Point being, let's appreciate the heck out of ssamba's hard work instead of complaining that there's no chapter this week!

Also, I missed them at first because of how fast this thread moves, but thanks ffins07 and ieeheh for the kudos/comments :) I really appreciate it!

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Ah, I've actually had a cold for the last week also.

halmoni

"Hello, this is Ssamba.
I haven't been feeling very well due to a cold, so inevitably
Fluttering Feelings is on hiatus this week.
I'm sorry.
I kindly ask for your understanding."

Thanks as always for your timely translations.

Google Translate

Hello ssipba imnida -
Kim grow because the dome is not jomji triplet budeuk Oh hyage
Yibin main excuse was feeling meun hongjae dungjjae -
Sorry
Moody's Boutique sealed dokji tune deurimni di-

I mean really thanks halmoni. Even with this short bit of text, online translation is completely useless.

last edited at Feb 21, 2016 5:34PM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

I'm actually not that disappointed. I mean, it's just a delay of the exact same chapter we were going to get, not another week of actual "no kiss, no confession".

Me too in some way haha. Its less frustrating (?) though, I'm truly missing FF today. My sundays are always boring and FF is that thing that makes them more fun. But hopefully, we will get a longer chapter next week. I hope ssamba gets better fast, having a cold is horrible. And thanks to Halmoni for the translation.

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Yuri Girl 1001

Google Translate

Hello ssipba imnida -
Kim grow because the dome is not jomji triplet budeuk Oh hyage
Yibin main excuse was feeling meun hongjae dungjjae -
Sorry
Moody's Boutique sealed dokji tune deurimni di-

I mean really thanks halmoni. Even with this short bit of text, online translation is completely useless.

Google translate is pretty bad but I think some transliteration issues are making it worse in this case:

Original text

안녕하세요 쌈바입니다
감기로 인해 몸 상태가 좋지 않아 부득이하게
이번 주 설레는 기분은 휴재 하게 되었습니다.
죄송합니다.
부디 독자님들의 양해 부탁드립니다

Google translate output

Hello Samba
The inevitable physical condition is not good due to the cold
This week has been exciting feeling to hyujae.
Sorry.
Please ask readers understand nimdeul

So still bad, but not total gibberish. One tip is that if you see a bunch of stuff which looks like just romanized Korean syllables (like "meun hongjae dungjjae"), it's good to double check for typos on your end!

last edited at Feb 21, 2016 5:58PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

cipp

Google translate output

Hello Samba
Sorry.

So still bad, but not total gibberish. One tip is that if you see a bunch of stuff which looks like just romanized Korean syllables (like "meun hongjae dungjjae"), it's good to double check for typos on your end!

Actually, I can't read even a single Korean character, so I used an online Korean OCR (Optical Character Recognition), and fed the output directly into Google translate without even looking at it. I was fully at the (apparently nonexistent) mercy of that OCR program. Thanks for pointing that out.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I'm actually not that disappointed. I mean, it's just a delay of the exact same chapter we were going to get, not another week of actual "no kiss, no confession".

Me too in some way haha. Its less frustrating (?) though, I'm truly missing FF today. My sundays are always boring and FF is that thing that makes them more fun. But hopefully, we will get a longer chapter next week. I hope ssamba gets better fast, having a cold is horrible. And thanks to Halmoni for the translation.

I wish I could have a meetup with all of you who have boring Sundays lol

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Yuri Girl 1001

Actually, I can't read even a single Korean character, so I used an online Korean OCR (Optical Character Recognition), and fed the output directly into Google translate without even looking at it. I was fully at the (apparently nonexistent) mercy of that OCR program. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ohhhh that would explain it. I did get a good laugh out of "Moody's Boutique" because where the heck did that come from?

I just tried the Google Translate app on my phone just now to take a photo of the comico page, it got the characters perfectly but didn't pick up spaces between words. Once I manually put in spaces though it was able to translate. Might be worth looking into if that's an option for you!

last edited at Feb 21, 2016 6:20PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

cipp

I just tried the Google Translate app on my phone just now to take a photo of the comico page, it got the characters perfectly but didn't pick up spaces between words. Once I manually put in spaces though it was able to translate. Might be worth looking into if that's an option for you!

Unless I could run it on my laptop, that's not really an option for me. I was trying to find a way to feed an image to Google Translate, but if it's there, I overlooked it.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

cipp

Unless I could run it on my laptop, that's not really an option for me. I was trying to find a way to feed an image to Google Translate, but if it's there, I overlooked it.

Its there, only on mobile app.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

ieeheh

cipp

Do you know if there's anyway to use it on my laptop? I don't have a smartphone and probably won't be getting one any time soon.

Well, it's really not that important for me. The only time I'd likely want to use it would be if I'm trying to read something in FF before halmoni posts her translation.

last edited at Feb 21, 2016 6:43PM

Taenyvapp
joined Feb 21, 2016

Ok. I'm being totally random here guys. But is someone here beside me feel that this pair kinda similiar to Taeny? I mean, the whole setting is perfect... Seol-A is so Tiffany alike and No-Rae is basically Kim Taeyeon.
Nvm. I read too much fanfiction...

Oooh i am not the only one who thoght taeny

-Ohh. Me too. Esp when NoRae cut her hair.. It's really similar to our Taeng-oppa! HAHAHA. I am being delusional again. Please Help me!!!!! :D

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Yuri Girl 1001

Well, it's really not that important for me. The only time I'd likely want to use it would be if I'm trying to read something in FF before halmoni posts her translation.

Install an Android emulator... then you can run smartphone apps on your laptop! :D Just kidding, I don't know if that would actually work. Like you said, probably not worth the effort. It is pretty silly that the functionality of Google Translate is more limited on a computer than a mobile device, though I guess it makes sense from an expected usage POV.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

ieeheh

cipp

Do you know if there's anyway to use it on my laptop? I don't have a smartphone and probably won't be getting one any time soon.

Yuri Girl 1001
I think maybe you could use Bluestacks or similar software that lets you run Android apps on your PC. Then install Google Translate app via Bluestacks, then have it translate the text through a screenshot :)
I havent tried it myself, but I think it should be possible :)

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Haha cipp was one step ahead of me. Yeah, Android emulators should work.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Okay; thanks you two. I'll try looking for that.

joined Jan 4, 2014

I usually try http://translate.google.com and http://www.bing.com/translator (just copy and paste the hangul).

Hello Samba
Sorry.

and

Hi is the Samba
Do not be inevitable due to cold
Earlier this week, uneasy feeling Hugh re.
I'm sorry.
Please ask their consent submitted by readers

Neither is perfect by any means, but usually using both yields the most coherent translation. Although in this particular case the bing translation is weaker than the google version, the reverse is true often enough that I prefer running stuff through the two of them.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Nya-chan

ha-ha

(j/k, I hope the author gets well soon)

lol, here comes the cute sadist of the thread, for all the fluttered masochists xDDD

ieeheh

now that would be truly awesome! So sad we're all spread around the globe... what would be really cool is to have a die-hard FFfans gather on the same Sunday in Seoul, take Ssamba out, and have an FF party! LOL we could even go to that sheep-headed princess-leia pink-clothed public bath xD
and speaking seriously, would anyone be interested?

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

takachi posted:

ieeheh

now that would be truly awesome! So sad we're all spread around the globe... what would be really cool is to have a die-hard FFfans gather on the same Sunday in Seoul, take Ssamba out, and have an FF party! LOL we could even go to that sheep-headed princess-leia pink-clothed public bath xD
and speaking seriously, would anyone be interested?

haha i'm totally in, only after FF gets finished though xD

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

halmoni posted:

Hiatus this week: http://pastebin.com/8YrcUxBT

"Hello, this is Ssamba.
I haven't been feeling very well due to a cold, so inevitably
Fluttering Feelings is on hiatus this week.
I'm sorry.
I kindly ask for your understanding."

I hope Ssamba gets better but damn it's like they knew I had midterms this week

Wow all of these salty tears I'm lovin it

Thank you for the translation (as always). I wish you the best in killing those midterms.

ieeheh posted:

ffins07 I'll need you to be with me on this next Sunday, cuz I won't be able to hold myself up after another week of waiting
LOL

I should be able to manage it next Sunday. Life is an--I don't do quotes. Life knocked be down a couple times last week and FF really picked me up last Sunday, but the bumps haunted me a bit through this week. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hope to be there with you (in spirit) trying to DDOS Comico next Sunday, pre release. ;)

I've finally gotten around to completely re-reading FF since ...hmmm. I can't recall the last time I did a full read. Anyway, I'm really enjoying the pace. Just read chapter 57, which I lovvved. ...I was almost surprised re-noticing that No-rae acknowledge her romantic feelings as early as chapter 37. That seems like forever ago. Still impressed at how complex but consistent Ssamba's characters are.

Ha-ha. I already feel like I want to re-read it again, but pay attention to the art style. I was tracking it in the early chapter--the first 20 or so--but got caught up in the story (of course). The changes in style were much more drastic in the early going though too.

...The re-read was also a good way to re-impress the side characters' names upon my mind, ha-ha. I'm terrible with names, but I forgot that Seol-a did have one (female) friend other than No-rae.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

ffins07 posted:

ieeheh posted:

ffins07 I'll need you to be with me on this next Sunday, cuz I won't be able to hold myself up after another week of waiting
LOL

I should be able to manage it next Sunday. Life is an--I don't do quotes. Life knocked be down a couple times last week and FF really picked me up last Sunday, but the bumps haunted me a bit through this week. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hope to be there with you (in spirit) trying to DDOS Comico next Sunday, pre release. ;)

YAY!!! I'll be looking forward to that.
Hope you'll have a smoother week this time in your RL.

I've finally gotten around to completely re-reading FF since ...hmmm. I can't recall the last time I did a full read. Anyway, I'm really enjoying the pace. Just read chapter 57, which I lovvved. ...I was almost surprised re-noticing that No-rae acknowledge her romantic feelings as early as chapter 37. That seems like forever ago. Still impressed at how complex but consistent Ssamba's characters are.

Agreed. Complexity and consistency in her characters are what keep me hooked every week. One of the things I noticed is how Seol-a and No-rae were quite consistent when they talk about themselves. When asked about how she did in her tests, No-rae always responded in a neutral, almost negative tone. And she rarely (or never) praised herself. Even after she showed off her guitar singing skill, she just had to say it was mediocre before Seol-a could even answer the question. Seol-a on the other hand was always confident it's funny. "Oh I'm good with any kinds of board. You want to hang a picture of me in your house?" "Was i awesome?" "I'm really good at dancing, wanna see?..." (not exact quotes of course lol). Just like Ji-hwan says "A lil sister who's overflowing with so much confidence it's embarrassing.." Gosh I love Seol-a

Ha-ha. I already feel like I want to re-read it again, but pay attention to the art style. I was tracking it in the early chapter--the first 20 or so--but got caught up in the story (of course). The changes in style were much more drastic in the early going though too.

Yup, it got better and more consistent with time. But Ssamba's official arts of Seolrae which were published way back in 2014 already set the style (which were so so good). I think she just couldn't manage to keep the style while having to draw so quickly at the beginning lol

...The re-read was also a good way to re-impress the side characters' names upon my mind, ha-ha. I'm terrible with names, but I forgot that Seol-a did have one (female) friend other than No-rae.

Man... all this time I thought you were as die-hard as me lol. I like Min-jeong, I think she truly cares and knows Seol-a, especially during the flashbacks of Yu-ji.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Yuri Girl 1001 posted:

Yuri Girl 1001, So I tried the Bluestacks software i mentioned and it totally worked on a laptop using Google Translate. Hope your wait for Halmoni's translation will be more tolerable next time ;)

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

Yuri Girl 1001 posted:

Yuri Girl 1001, So I tried the Bluestacks software i mentioned and it totally worked on a laptop using Google Translate. Hope your wait for Halmoni's translation will be more tolerable next time ;)

Ohhhh thats really good to know

To reply you must either login or sign up.