Forum › Anime season

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

(The very first thing my dad said after he brought up that he saw the last Star Wars movie was "Hey I saw it, it was pretty good. This guy dies." Legit, immediately. That was the legit the first thing that came out of his mouth.)

...I haven't seen the latest Star Wars movie...

It's okay though, since I'll probably have forgotten this by the time I do.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Idk, isn't it vague enough? I haven't watched it either, but I feel like a lot of people probably die. And it's almost been a year too.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 3:29PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Idk, isn't it vague enough? I haven't watched it either, but I feel like a lot of people probably die. And it's almost been a year too.

Nah, I'm just playin' with ya. Although it is true I haven't seen it and probably won't for a while.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Just started Flip Flappers.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Lol Faust, for a moment I bet you felt the fear of being banned, "oh crap, I spoiled a mod, I'm over".

joined Sep 21, 2014

Lol Faust, for a moment I bet you felt the fear of being banned, "oh crap, I spoiled a mod, I'm over".

More like "... fuck tu me niaises, c'etait pas assez vague?" and i felt ironic about it and a little bad

Just started Flip Flappers.

GOOD FOR YOU. I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AND DIDN'T GET SPOILED IN THE PAST MONTH AND A HALF.

If anyone wants the full pic of Izetta and Finé's oufits, in the latest ep.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 3:47PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Where to draw that line isn't easy. I'd say a couple of days minimum, and for spoilers of major plot twists should be spoiler-tagged no matter what. Stuff like a major character death, or a yuri kiss in Flip Flappers or similar events which impact the whole series.

There's a legitimate yuri kiss in the latest episode of Flip Flappers?! Damn it, I wish I had a sub to Crunchyroll now... (I guess that's what free trials are for though).

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 3:52PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Where to draw that line isn't easy. I'd say a couple of days minimum, and for spoilers of major plot twists should be spoiler-tagged no matter what. Stuff like a major character death, or a yuri kiss in Flip Flappers or similar events which impact the whole series.

There's a legitimate yuri kiss in the latest episode of Flip Flappers?! Damn it, I wish I had a sub to Crunchyroll now... (I guess that's what free trials are for though).

Nah, that was an example of the sort of stuff you'd definitely spoiler no matter what. I didn't mean it had actually happened.

...or did I?

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Izetta x Finé and Cocona x Papika are my favourite ships this season, and among my favourite ships ever.

When I saw Finé in her prince outfit I squealed. Shame they didn't dance together.

Or kissed each other...

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 4:31PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Nah, that was an example of the sort of stuff you'd definitely spoiler no matter what. I didn't mean it had actually happened.

...or did I?

I hope that post becomes a premonition of the future.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I have to be honest and say before the last episode, I was finding Izetta to be a not that great, kind of poorly written show I was watching mostly for the yuri (bait?). But there were were some moments here that really got to me. When that strange woman kissed her and her mouth started bleeding I was pretty angry, but when the two spies took a vial of her blood and started taking photos of the leyline map, I felt disgusted with fear for Izetta's life. I'm not convinced as to whether the story is actually planned out long term or not, but it has effectively built up tension and instilled fear that the protagonists might fail, something Dragon Ball for example, once had but lost

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 4:44PM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I'm definitely giving Flip Flappers another shot after it's done airing but what's up with Izetta and Fines relationship, like, is it legit? Or bait? Atleast good bait?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

That seems moderately gay.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I'm definitely giving Flip Flappers another shot after it's done airing but what's up with Izetta and Fines relationship, like, is it legit? Or bait? Atleast good bait?

So far it's bait, but it's good bait

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Again ANN http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/flip-flappers/episode-7/.109018 made me understand more about FlipFlap... The nail clipper, the Papikas and the references, it helps if you don't want or don't have the time to watch an episode twice

joined Sep 21, 2014

Again ANN http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/flip-flappers/episode-7/.109018 made me understand more about FlipFlap... The nail clipper, the Papikas and the references, it helps if you don't want or don't have the time to watch an episode twice

That was interesting. Maybe I forgot about it, but I didn't realise Hidaka meant that Pure Illusion was like, a dream(s), that each version of Papika was as much influenced by Cocona's own conscience I guess? That she "made her into a boy" or something.
I didn't get what they meant by the nail clippers tho, the reference(?) to Jojo. "Fingernail clippers are a tool for trying to reverse a slow but unstoppable change." Is that really it/all there is? o-o Feels like they really dug into one

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 8:48PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Well, there's the other more simple explanation to fingernail clippers...

Also, apparently in an event the director said that the use of flowers symbolically is intentional. That was obvious, but still...

joined Sep 21, 2014

That was my first thought tbh, but? I don't know, they made it seem like the reference was obviously this other thing, which I didn't really get either so maybe there as something I missed?

Also, apparently in an event the director said that the use of flowers symbolically is intentional. That was obvious, but still...

Lmfao, are we talking about the fucking lilies
(I don't remember/didn't take note of other kinds of flowers that possibly made appearances)

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

That was my first thought tbh, but? I don't know, they made it seem like the reference was obviously this other thing, which I didn't really get either so maybe there as something I missed?

Lmfao, are we talking about the fucking lilies
(I don't remember/didn't take note of other kinds of flowers that possibly made appearances)

I think the most obvious one looks more likely. The director clearly knows about yuri, so he would know about it. Something that probably ANN reviewer didn't think about. It looks kinda sexual, but hey, the episode was pretty sexual.

About the flowers.. the end of episode 7 ends with Papika making a crow of flowers to Cocona. The meaning of those flowers in the language of flowers is "Think of me".
Maybe there's more there, but other than that, I can only think about the lillies.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, there's this:

In the past there was no electricity to light the streets or your home at night. People believed evil spirits, akuryou (悪霊/あくりょう), would come around when evening approached.

It was believed that cutting tools (like fingernail clippers) had spiritual power, known as reiryoku (霊力/れいりょく) in Japanese, that could divert evil. At the same time, cutting instruments created a gap in whatever they cut which allowed evil spirits to enter through the gap if it was used at night. Although this saying isn’t so popular in modern time, it might be a good idea to keep the light on next time you cut your nails.

There's also "If you cut your nails at night, your parents will die before you see them again."

joined Sep 21, 2014

About the flowers.. the end of episode 7 ends with Papika making a crow of flowers to Cocona. The meaning of those flowers in the language of flowers is "Think of me".
Maybe there's more there, but other than that, I can only think about the lillies.

What were those flowers? The name

There's also "If you cut your nails at night, your parents will die before you see them again."

Shit. Lovely. Tho I've heard my fair share of superstitions from my parents, so it's not that weird, but wow, most brutal one I've heard, probably

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Shit. Lovely. Tho I've heard my fair share of superstitions from my parents, so it's not that weird, but wow, most brutal one I've heard, probably

That one got mentioned in XXXholic, except in the form "If you cut your nails at night, you'll miss your parents' funeral". Although they kinda subvert it a little.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

White Clovers

joined Sep 21, 2014

White Clovers

Oh.
"Think of me", hm. As if that's not what she did the entire episode.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Jojo part 4 will end soon. We still have part 5 and 6 (my least fav) before we part 7.

So in short, 2 years before my second fav. part.

Damn it!

To reply you must either login or sign up.