Forum › All of Humanity is Yuri Except For Me discussion

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Don't you hate it when people who had good grades suddenly start having average-to-bad ones? I always assumed it was because they were replaced by aliens unfamiliar with human wisdom, but now that Lily mentions people could get suspicious about Marika being from another world, I admit it feels a lot more natural.

In this chapter it seems that yuritopia!Marika was putting her all into her studies. If, as is being speculated, she was indeed straight and was aware of it, I could see her doing her best to go to a top school to learn high-level physics or biology and either make men a reality again, or invent a way to travel between worlds.
Considering her books, and the fact that Lily mentioned specifically that it is a serious subject of research, the latter seems decently likely. At least, everything seems to fit. Otherwise, I really don't see why the two Marika would be implied to have very different grades.

On another note... It seems the idiotic behavior of talking about worlds in public when it's supposed to be a potentially world-shattering secret could yield the idiotic result of the sister learning about it. Good job, Lily! Love makes you dumb!
(Saying this hurts my soul, I'm actually pretty fond of Lily.)

I would also note... The sister
seems to go on Marika's overall mood to reach her conclusion that something isn't right, so I don't think she'd be of much help in figuring what yuritopia!Marika was up to. Too bad...
Though it's nothing certain. I could see it going either way, I just feel it tips the scales more in that direction.

Lastly... Butterflies are often symbolic of rebirth and metamorphosis. Make of that what you will, I'm not sure the author thought about it much.
Or if they did, maybe it was to emphasize Marika's reflecting on normalcy. Or something else, since it's Lily's accesory, and not Marika's.

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 3:58AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Wow, this one starts out with a .1 now. Not even an attempt to have one coherent chapter.

More importantly than her getting suspicious, it would just be pretty harsh for poor yuri!Marika. Imagine she comes back and suddenly has bad grades. You can ruin a life like that lol

The swap because of sexuality idea is getting more likely by the chapter. Although yuri!Marika had it quite a bit worse than normal!Marika, with her sexuality basically not even existing in that world for obvious reasons. Kinda like being sexually attracted to dinosaurs. Almost makes you hope they can stay in each other's worlds once they find out how to communicate.

Little broster will probably turn around on it eventually when they tell her. The whole yandere feeling has become much less prominent now.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Is it something in the little sister's lines?

The "But I've never seen Onee-chan smile like that before." line from the first page seems to imply that the other Marika was never truly "happy" in this world, though it's still not really any sort of solid confirmation one way or another.

Aah... so that was it.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

It's official. The author hates full numbers.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

It's official. The author hates full numbers.

It's more just the nature of manga readers than the author. The main releases are labelled as parts (eg. Chapter 2 part 3) whereas the intermissions are called just that. The decimals just come from the neccessity of keeping them in chronological order depending on the sorting system each reader site has (Mangadex aside, I don't think Dynasty really needs to put decimals on the Intermission releases, since they can manually sort out the reading order).

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Isn’t the author just releasing these as full chapters whereas the scanlators are releasing the chapters in chunks as they finish them?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Isn’t the author just releasing these as full chapters whereas the scanlators are releasing the chapters in chunks as they finish them?

No, they're released as parts, most likely so they can stick to a weekly upload schedule.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Something tells me that Valve is the author

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

"Wait... You always scored as top 10, but now your grades are in the mid-low tier... does that mean... Oh my God! you're not Marika. You're an imposter from an alternative universe!!"

The most logical train of thought

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 8:42PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

"you're not Marika."

"You're one of the Kung Fu Creatures on the Rampage... 2!"

joined Jul 26, 2016

Something tells me that Valve is the author

Nah, we'd still be waiting for the third chapter if that was the case.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

"Wait... You always scored as top 10, but now your grades are in the mid-low tier... does that mean... Oh my God! you're not Marika. You're an imposter from an alternative universe!!"

The most logical train of thought

Well, in most cases of a sudden dropoff in grades it’s either that or a teenager who has discovered masturbation.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

I'm guessing the butterfly here represents the "butterfly effect". You know, a classic in quantum fiction.

And, since you guys brought up the possibility of Yuri!Marika being straight, I'm sharing my theories on the matter. In that universe, the last man on earth died roughly a century ago, most likely after a life of fucking non-stop in the vague, desperate hope of producing even a single son... lucky bastard.
Ehem Sorry, I got side tracked.
What I'm getting at here is that there still exists the concept of "man", even if they're all gone, and all they left is documents, paintings, Black and White photos, statues, coins, etc. And, much like we're fascinated by dinosaurs or ancient civilizations, I'd say that, if heterosexual women could exist in such a world, they'd have to resort to the aforementioned remains of man to, er, "satisfy their needs" (need a better way to say this). That could explain why Marika was called a pervert in the earlier chapter, even...
So yeah, I got an excuse to type that in. Go nuts I guess.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/all_of_humanity_is_yuri_except_for_me_ch4_1#4

That does not look like a good posture, Marika.

Also, I see the author is actually aware of how likely the possibility of Marika accidentally importing the androcidal virus is.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

And, much like we're fascinated by dinosaurs or ancient civilizations, I'd say that, if heterosexual women could exist in such a world, they'd have to resort to the aforementioned remains of man to, er, "satisfy their needs" (need a better way to say this). That could explain why Marika was called a pervert in the earlier chapter, even...
So yeah, I got an excuse to type that in. Go nuts I guess.

Excuse me what? Did you just jump from "she is a bit weird" to necrophilia? Or do you mean she masturbated to photographs of men? I hope you meant the latter by "remains". Brrr....

PS: The last man would not have had a lot of sex, because at that point they would already have come up with a way to reproduce among women. And be aware that he is infertile. I mean he is the last, so at that point its a bit late.

Also, I see the author is actually aware of how likely the possibility of Marika accidentally importing the androcidal virus is.

If the virus actually lay dormant in the women 100 years later (I'm not too sure about that), then the swapping worlds thing would mean normal!Marika's world is already nearing the apocalypse right now. I kinda doubt the author would go for that.
It's more likely that the yuri!government kept samples of the virus to experiment on and could use it as a weapon against Normal!world.

last edited at Apr 14, 2019 2:29AM

joined Mar 30, 2018

Why wouldn't there still be trans men, though? They wouldn't be any more helpful at sexual reproduction than anyone else, but straight women would probably still find them more attractive than cis women. And with the majority of people statistically being straight, the tiny minority that is trans would find themselves in quite a situation.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Why wouldn't there still be trans men, though? They wouldn't be any more helpful at sexual reproduction than anyone else, but straight women would probably still find them more attractive than cis women. And with the majority of people statistically being straight, the tiny minority that is trans would find themselves in quite a situation.

Transsexuality is as much a mental state as it is a societal construct. If the sex in question doesn't exist, then the brain cannot default to it. It would just be a woman that acts very masculine, but it's really no different from a tomboy in this kind of world. If women take both roles, do act in both ways, wear both kinds of clothes, then naturally a much more masculine subculture would automatically develope thanks to cultural reforming. Women have to take up predominantly male jobs (like construction work and other physical labor) and will eventually create new class systems.

In a more humorous light, maybe "butch" and "tomboys" will then be paid better and control the world and we got pseudo-patriarchy lol

Uhm... so yeah, trans men don't exist in this kind of world.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

It was theorized earlier than in this society, the concept of gender would disppear... Which we admittedly can't exactly verify by ourselves.
But going by the author's record... I don't think they are thinking about these matters much. Though Normalrika being implied to never have been interested in men beyond using them to maintain her normal fantasy already shows some reflecting since Idol Pretender, I guess...

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

It was theorized earlier than in this society, the concept of gender would disppear... Which we admittedly can't exactly verify by ourselves.
But going by the author's record... I don't think they are thinking about these matters much. Though Normalrika being implied to never have been interested in men beyond using them to maintain her normal fantasy already shows some reflecting since Idol Pretender, I guess...

I believe even with Idol Pretender they were trying to display a message, but they executed it in a poor manner.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

@BugDevil

Or do you mean she masturbated to photographs of men? I hope you meant the latter by "remains". Brrr....

This one. I meant this one.
Then again, I didn't want to limit it to masturbation. Think of it like 2D waifus (husbandos, in this case).

I also wonder about men in that universe's fiction. Other than older, pre-extinction works, would no one ever write a show, a novel, a movie, featuring the long lost men. We do, after all, write about that which no longer exists (dinosaurs, lost civilizations, famous dead people), doesn't exist (zombies, fantasy settings), or we aren't sure it exists (Atlantis, aliens, certain legends)

Oh well, as a general rule, I try not to think about something much harder than the original author did

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Woah. She has got the 6th sense. She felt the Sister watching them. Mmm.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Woah. She has got the 6th sense. She felt the Sister watching them. Mmm.

There's always something magical about a girl wearing glasses.

joined Jul 26, 2016

PS: The last man would not have had a lot of sex, because at that point they would already have come up with a way to reproduce among women.

Actually ch 1.1 is quite explicit that the breakthrough(s) allowing female-female reproduction postdated the death of the last known male H. sapiens sapiens. I elaborated a rough overall timeline of the whole business way back when, but short form here is that they must've been getting pretty desperate by that point as most of the female population would have been fast approaching (or was already past) menopause...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... but short form here is that they must've been getting pretty desperate by that point as most of the female population would have been fast approaching (or was already past) menopause...

Hypothetically they might have enough viable sperm frozen up somewhere that they could continue to give birth to new daughters for a while, bridging the gap so to speak. Admittedly, in our world that technology only started being used the 1950s or so, but given the circumstances it might have popped up early ...

joined Jul 26, 2016

... but short form here is that they must've been getting pretty desperate by that point as most of the female population would have been fast approaching (or was already past) menopause...

Hypothetically they might have enough viable sperm frozen up somewhere that they could continue to give birth to new daughters for a while, bridging the gap so to speak. Admittedly, in our world that technology only started being used the 1950s or so, but given the circumstances it might have popped up early ...

On a rough ballpark estimate they'd have had to start stocking up by the mid 1800s then; and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the infection spread rather faster than the necessary refrigeration tech (or the whole idea for that matter) even if they did invent it...

To reply you must either login or sign up.