Forum › Posts by random

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

I see it like that after going thru the story in me head.

Yeah, 'bout what I figured.

Might I suggest going through the story in the actual text instead?

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

...some people really can't parse the flow of that scene huh.

Well, it shows the end of the kaoru era and the beginning of a new life,eh?

The what.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

...some people really can't parse the flow of that scene huh.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

This chapter was brought to you by, the letter "P."

"-- and I know how much you guys love P."
- Archangel Gabriel, Gabriel Plays Ultrakill

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Simple but beautiful.

Also one of the best "Farewell, I'm over you" moments

I didn't like the look in Kaoru's face one bit.

I hope she doesn't take this as a challenge and targets Shizuka again.

Brah. She's surprised is all since Shiz is doing something very out of character (as the lady herself commented to Mio in the previous relevant chapter IIRC). The abruptness and briefness of the encounter certainly wouldn't have been helping her get her bearings there.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Even the hinges were leering.
- Guards! Guards!, Terry Pratchett

Mom totally knows or suspects strongly enough as makes scant difference.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Why is she so upset and who is ignoring her on the phone? I dont recall anything going down recently..

Her boyfriend? She's the one confirmed het in the main cast.
(Or bi who so far has mostly hetero leanings....)

Hibiki's endless string of reliably terrible boyfriends is practically a minor running gag in the series. IIRC she was literally introduced - and encountered Kaoru - in that context, too.

random
Genshin Impact! 10 Nov 01:36
joined Jul 26, 2016

New rumor is that Raiden WON'T run with Scaramouche

D I S O W N E D

o3o

joined Jul 26, 2016

Everything a mindreading parasite with vested interest in manipulating you says is obviously and intrinsically suspect as fuck and Shitara's clever enough to realise this.

When you describe succubi like this,,,

Don't tell me I awakened some weird new fetish D:

joined Jul 26, 2016

"That really felt like you were confessing your love, though!"

Ok thats it im done for, WHERE DID I LEAVE MY USELESS LESBIAN KILLER SHOTGUN!

You had to send it to factory for ground-up repairs, it's seen too much use =3=

joined Jul 26, 2016

Hana's developments are, as far as we know, quite real and quite massive.

[muffled giggling]

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Somebody should really explain to Kishi that spiders have eight eyes, not ten.

Some have fewer actually, down to only two in most members of the rather weird Caponiidae family. But yeah eight is the upper limit.

TBF though this is clearly some variety of huntsman spider which have small eyes densely clustered in front ("anterior aspect") of the protosoma; easy for a layman to get confused on the count, especially if there's reflective black chitin in the same area (eg. at the base of the mandibles) giving the illusion of more.

random
Genshin Impact! 30 Oct 13:56
joined Jul 26, 2016

I don't think I have ever touched Abyss after checking out the free Xianling way back when. I'm deeply allergic to that kind of gratuitously gimmicky timed arena bullshit (which unfortunately MHY designers have an uncontrollable sexual fetish for).

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

OMG - a HUGE ass spider like that, so close and on the only door to escape? I'd have ptsd for sure too!

This is why carrying a large spider-whacking-mallet on one's person at all times is important :P

Would love to know where Onibi'd keep it, what with her only having a school swimsuit...

That's what Hammerspace is for, literally

I thought it was only accessible around cringy ass male leads, tho?

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Onibi a bit embarrassing in this chapter. She tries to get a spider to bite her thinking that she will gain same powers as Spiderman. If she was a comic nerd boy, younger that 7 years old and a little bit dumb, I'd understand.

You know how Mask is the resident "tormented artist" figure?

Well Onibi is the "eccentric to point of borderline lunacy genius" one...

Spiderman comic is popular in Japan? She knows it really well. She even knows Midtown, that part surprised me.

I mean they made a damn Toku series already in the Seventies. He gets referenced every now and then in doujinshis and the like too so I'd imagine he's pretty recognisable to the Japanese.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Honestly is there any place in the world that doesn't have giant spiders?

Ours are like a centimeter or two across from claw to claw, tops. Big spooders are kind of a warm-climate thing.

joined Jul 26, 2016

...did Asahi just wordlessly call out Subaru's massive case of tsunderitis or am I imagining things?

random
joined Jul 26, 2016
101587166_p0

Amazing chest ahead

...such degeneracy is the actual reason the Akademiya prefers to pretend the Lesser Lord doesn't exist =3=

random
Genshin Impact! 15 Oct 15:09
joined Jul 26, 2016

...I think everyone who actually reads the description of her passives knows that, yes. FWIW it's also something literally every YT content creator I've seen comment on her so far takes pains to mention for obvious enough reasons; not a few also went the extra mile of trying her out in other comps anyway just to see how well that works out (the takeaway tends to amount to "kinda functions so you could, but why would you?").

General assumption is she'll improve substantially once the Grass-typeDendro roster gets more filled out (coughNahidacough), MHY seems to have set into bit of a pattern where initially meh chars become a lot better after suitable teammates come out later. Hell - the release of Dendro in itself has apparently greatly raised the stock of chars previously regarded as "so mid" like Keqing whose kit works well with it.

random
Genshin Impact! 15 Oct 09:30
joined Jul 26, 2016

Sumeru stuff should only go into "activated" and "scorched" states from Electro and Pyro right? That's what the ingame texts claim anyway, can't say I've tried Dendro on the 'shrooms.

Anyway I just farm the Fungi for Grass Lumi & Sundry with my usual openworld team because cbf to swap constantly - Eula, Kokofish and Dionya mop the floor with them in very short order even with Yae reading her LNs on bench. It's not like they had shield bullshit or somesuch going that demanded specific counters (coughHeraldscough).

In other news got Nilou off a speculative 10-pull, hit pity I guess. 'Spose I'll be serving factory recall warrants to the Robodrake when I'm not T-posing on the Eremite trio in the artifact Domain (they're very helpfully receptive to Eula nuke rotations) for a while. Had been intending to beat on the Mushroom Chicken instead but eh, Collei wasn't a priority anyway.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016
Kotcate-1577998660251447296-img1

Rolling natural 1 on a Diplomacy check be like

random
joined Jul 26, 2016
Kiegenshin-1578853741574299648-img1

"Shut it, Paimon."
- Dehya

random
joined Jul 26, 2016
Pk8heqb2e8n81

^tbf by that time the entire country had gone pretty far off the deep end in general

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

This trope is a personal peeve of mine. Guy is in a relationship with a woman, or has declared his love for and is courting a woman, then he's caught being unfaithful. The woman is understandably angry because of his insincerity, but what's his reaction? He bloats with pride, shows a big shit-eating grin, and goes: "Hahaha you really love me, huh? You're crazy for me, huh? That's why you're batshit jelly right now, huh? Admit it, you can't stand other women around me and you're hopping with jealousy 'cause you love me so terribly! God, I'm such a WINNER!" No remorse, no guilt, no shame, he's just pleased with himself and happy that he hurt her. I dunno why some writers think this how a cool lead reacts in that kind of situation. I find it gross and infuriating.

And it looks like in fact the trope is not limited to male characters. You can make a female seductress rotten and conceited like that, and it's just as gross and disgusting.

Kaoru makes absolutely no pretensions whatsoever to monogamy you know and this can be assumed to be common knowledge 'round the school ("everybody knows about you, Kaoru-sempai" as Hibiki put it way back when). She may well not even understand the whole concept, and relatedly the idea of romantic jealousy. (She seems to have at least a vague grasp of more pedestrian envy, if only as an abstract that only happens to other people.)

Remember why she originally developed her "elegant ang gorgeous vamp" persona in the first place?

joined Jul 26, 2016

They are so close to each other, even sharing a bed, so why do they still address to each other in their last name?

You did read the series title, right? :U