Forum › Citrus discussion

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

You don't have to check /u/ actually, just look at the citrus tag on tumblr. Or go to Alextasha's tumblr :v

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I legit linked that tumblr post tho lmao

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I legit linked that tumblr post tho lmao

Yeah I saw that, thanks :D But as you can see, not everyone click links xD

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Alextasha posted:

But as you can see, not everyone click links xD

What kind of weirdo clicks links on the internet?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Hm, okay, I got how this worked. XD Let's read this thing.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Alextasha posted:

Those who like clicking through Wikipedia or TvTropes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Alextasha posted:

Those who like clicking through Wikipedia or TvTropes.

The latter is a good reason NOT to click links. =D

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

At least unless you actually like wasting several hours clicking links.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Nezchan posted:

At least unless you actually like wasting several hours clicking links.

It's just a phase.

:3

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Hey, TVT has a very cool forum. =3

Anyway, Chapter 22 was both hilarious and kinda sad. Mei really looked like a robot trying and failing to grap human behaviour.

And, yeah, chap 23 was pretty heartbreaking. =[ Yuzu is so intoxicated she forgot that not everyone is as easygoing as her about these things. Though I can't exactly blame her, considering the density of lesbians in this series, plus her yuri-fangirl kouhai.

Speaking of which, that nosebleed channels every reader's feelings I guess. X) And it's not the first time it happens, apparently. Poor Harumin really deserves a medal for putting up with Yuzu's antics, haha.

last edited at Sep 23, 2016 5:33PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

that nosebleed channels every reader's feelings I guess

I felt like that kouhai was me there haha. It was pretty funny.
Harumin x Yuzu has always been my otp. Of course I'm well aware it will never happen, but I just can't help but like their moments anyway. Harumin is the coolest girl here.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

The current Citrus scanlators, the ones linked for Chapters 22 and 23, don't wish to have their scanlations posted elsewhere. You'll need to get them via the Tumblr linked.

They also have no plans to do chapters 19-21. So if anyone want's to do those and the newer ones...you can.

last edited at Sep 26, 2016 2:06AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

The current Citrus scanlators, the ones linked for Chapters 22 and 23, don't wish to have their scanlations posted elsewhere. You'll need to get them via the Tumblr linked.

They also have no plans to do chapters 19-21. So if anyone want's to do those and the newer ones...you can.

No problem. The typesetter had asked me to request it, but it seems like they changed their minds after. But it's k, no skin off my nose

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Im starting to lose interest in this series Because it's quickly becoming tedious to read. Mainly because of Two things,
1) Mei, she's just a fucking stick in the mud who's constantly wearing that damn frown throughout almost the entire series. I know that she's supposed to be a tsundre, but mei just doesn't give me that impression, because she just comes off as being an annoying bitch.
2) Drama, this series has so much unnecessary drama It's not even funny. Almost every volume is filled with either Love triangle's, Family issues, more Love triangles, or some Other shit about unlikeable/forgettable characters.
It's like Saburouta thought that blending every Yuri drama cliche in existence topped with some 2 dimensional "tsundre" character would work, and it did. It worked very very well. And now people can't stop bringing up this series and going on and on about how this series is the new "Girl friends". But the artwork is beautiful I will give this manga that, and I'll definitely watch this series if It ever gets a Anime adaption.

last edited at Sep 26, 2016 10:27PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

It's just a phase.

I can't believe I'm seeing this phrase in Dynasty. :/

Im starting to lose interest in this series Because it's quickly becoming tedious to read. Mainly because of Two things,
1) Mei, she's just a fucking stick in the mud who's constantly wearing that damn frown throughout almost the entire series. I know that she's supposed to be a tsundre, but mei just doesn't give me that impression, because she just comes off as being an annoying bitch.

That's the thing. Mei is not a tsundere. Mei is aloof, cold and uncaring but she tries to reach out to others because of Yuzu.

2) Drama, this series has so much unnecessary drama It's not even funny. Almost every volume is filled with either Love triangle's, Family issues, more Love triangles, or some Other shit about unlikeable/forgettable characters.

Can't argue with that but at least, it's moving to some real life issues.

It's like Saburouta thought that blending every Yuri drama cliche in existence topped with some 2 dimensional "tsundre" character would work, and it did. It worked very very well. And now people can't stop bringing up this series and going on and on about how this series is the new "Girl friends". But the artwork is beautiful I will give this manga that, and I'll definitely watch this series if It ever gets a Anime adaption.

"Girl Friends" wasn't good either. It dragged on far too long and all the drama is basically some miscommunication/misunderstanding between Mari and/or Akko.

last edited at Sep 26, 2016 10:38PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

^ I didn't know there were people out there ( other then me ) that found girlfriends to be overrated ( Im not saying girl friends was bad or anything, I just find that its praised to much ). Also yeah, I just think that Citrus is just "Girl friends" with 10 times the amount of drama. And if you want Yuri that deals with real life issues then read "Lily Love", It does it in a much more entertaining way and it doesn't force-feed you drama like "The Adventures of Blonde klutz & M(ei)uddy stick".

joined Sep 21, 2014

Citrus and GF are totally overrated, but I stil got attached and enjoy them. Being mainstream shouldn't mean people can't like them :X
And omg lmao I can't stand Lily Love. Aside from the cute moments here and there, it's an absolute bore.

it doesn't force-feed you drama

Please.
Nothing substantial happens besides drama (i dont remember anything else, it was probs slice of life ish or something)
The ex-girlfriend jumping in and trying to stay over?
The ex girlfriend's psycho kidnapping ex boyfriend?
Mew getting accepted to study abroad?
Ice confessing to Donut and Donut kissing Ice?
(The homophobic father is technically drama too, but that's the most legit thing. The presentation of it could be better, but it's a very real issue and tackling it is a solid plot point)

Please.
You could have suggested something so much better.
A lot of series have flaws ofc, and well, you like what you like, I won't hold it against you, but I find it rather cringe that the series you praised does the same thing you hate on Citrus for.
Citrus and GF at least have a smoother flow/pacing, to their drama.

last edited at Sep 27, 2016 1:04AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

@Faust

Awks. I hadn't read any of Lily Love yet... spoiler tags would be much appreciated

I'd like to see more of Harumin and her sister just doing daily things. Maybe it's just me, but Yuzu is like x1000 way too dramatic all the time. Coupled with Mei, it's just one big ball of emotions non-stop.

last edited at Sep 27, 2016 12:51AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Awks. I hadn't read any of Lily Love yet...

Ah it really went over my head, I forgot, sorry man

last edited at Sep 27, 2016 1:06AM

joined Jun 11, 2016

Citrus and GF are totally overrated, but I stil got attached and enjoy them. Being mainstream shouldn't mean people can't like them :X
And omg lmao I can't stand Lily Love. Aside from the cute moments here and there, it's an absolute bore.

it doesn't force-feed you drama

Please.
Nothing substantial happens besides drama (i dont remember anything else, it was probs slice of life ish or something)
The ex-girlfriend jumping in and trying to stay over?
The ex girlfriend's psycho kidnapping ex boyfriend?
Mew getting accepted to study abroad?
Ice confessing to Donut and Donut kissing Ice?
(The homophobic father is technically drama too, but that's the most legit thing. The presentation of it could be better, but it's a very real issue and tackling it is a solid plot point)

Please.
You could have suggested something so much better.
A lot of series have flaws ofc, and well, you like what you like, I won't hold it against you, but I find it rather cringe that the series you praised does the same thing you hate on Citrus for.

At least with "Lily love" The drama move's along very smoothly, Where with Citrus It's like "LOOK ! THIS GIRL WHO WE'VE NEVER INTRODUCED BEFORE IN THIS SERIES WANTS TO BREAK UP MEI & YUZU ! FEAR FOR THEIR RELATIONSHIP ! LOOK, MEI'S ANGRY AT HER DAD FOR LEAVING HER AT A YOUNG AGE ! FEAR FOR MEI & YUZU'S RELATIONSHIP ! LOOK, YUZU & HER FRIEND BOTH HAVE MEI AS THEIR LOVE INTEREST ! FEAR FOR YUZU & MEI'S RELATIONSHIP ! LOOK, YUZU IS GOING TO RUN AGAINST MEI AS PRESIDENT ! FEAR FOR THEIR RELATIONSHIP !" It gets old after a while.

last edited at Sep 27, 2016 6:23PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

And I really liked "girl friends" as well, It was a very cute well paced story ( like "Lily Love").

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Oh come on, Lily Love's drama is really bad. It's full of bad chliches and more forced plotlines than Citrus. I don't think Citrus' drama purpose is to scare people for Yuzu and Mei's relationship. It's inevidable drama between two (different) people being in a relationship together.
It does feel rushed a bit though. I think the author adds the new characters to create a storyline, because maybe she doesn't know what else to write at that point.

I think it's still popular because it was quite good in the beggning and now people keep on reading it anyway. But definitely not that hype it had 2 years ago.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I Dislike Citrus because of Mei,the love triangles and badly done drama. With "lily love" the drama blends nicely with the story, But with Citrus it switches back and fourth with the Yuri and the drama. giving us a Yuri with tacked on drama.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Being mainstream shouldn't mean people can't like them :X

I never said people couldn't like things that are mainstream....

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

honestly this manga makes me cringe the drama is so forced, i still enjoy the yuri moments but everything else is just a mess.

To reply you must either login or sign up.