Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I don't think she know English so well to read this thread but it's just maybe my opinion xD

Why? English is a relatively simple language.

This WAS sarcasm right?

joined Mar 23, 2013

I don't think she know English so well to read this thread but it's just maybe my opinion xD

This WAS sarcasm right?

Uh oh! English is an easy to learn, hard to master. The basic structure and rule of English is fairly simple.
What is more difficult on the other hand is the myriad of exceptions. There are just so many that the reality is no one is able to master it because human brain just lack the sheer memory space ( we forget a lot of stuff ) for all the exceptions.

last edited at May 3, 2015 5:01PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

This WAS sarcasm right?

English is a really simple language compared to other ones.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

This WAS sarcasm right?

To some other ones. It doesn't have three alphabets, but in general I've only ever been told it is horrible to learn. Too many words that mean too many things, and too many variations depending on geography. A lot of it is easy to work out (colour), but learning Side walk and Pavement for the same thing because two different versions call it two different things is confusing.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

@OriginalGengar & Evilnemesis

It does, thanks. :) Bookmarked it for now, looks really promising.

And man, Marcus D, Kondor, Uyama Hiroto, those are aren't names you hear every day. :) Really promising.

And Nomak and a lot more.

"Elevation proudly presents Substansial and Marcus D or Bop Alloy, special guest Steph the sapphic songstress(...)"

Wow I did not know I'd find that many listeners of this sub-genre(s) right here. Refined gentle(wo)men around these parts, guess a music thread might be in order, eh?

On-Topic, can't wait for dem translations.

Oh wow! I don't think I've ever found anyone outside of Youtube who likes this genre as well! Kindred spirits! XD So refreshing!

Lara 77

Interesting variety. I indeed prefer anime OST as a background music with manga reading. Love Yoko Kanno Work especially wolve's rain, and record of lordoss war.

Lara, my fellow Dynasty member... that post of mine hardly touched upon what I listen to on a regular basis! From this epic track to my all time favorite song of ever then over to this catchy song (pretty sure this would be No-rae's song right now lol!!).

I'm also a fan of Yoko Kanno! Have you listened to her work on Kids on the Slope? Some amazing jazz pieces on that soundtrack! Highly recommend!

Recently I am listening to the OST of Sigatsu wa kimino Uso...basically it is more of classic music....I fell in love with the Ballad No 1 of Chopin....The joy of discovering something magnificent is something can't be described by words.

That last sentence totally nails the feeling! Well said :)

About English
Browse internet forums with large international communities, a lot of people can speak and write pretty damned well in English. It always amazes me when they say, "sorry, english is not my first language" but there are no issues found in their posts or what they say. Also, Google Translator is your friend.

Evilnemesis

This WAS sarcasm right?

Uh oh! English is an easy to learn, hard to master. The basic structure and rule of English is fairly simple.
What is more difficult on the other hand is the myriad of exceptions. There are just so many that the reality is no one is able to master it because human brain just lack the sheer memory space ( we forget a lot of stuff ) for all the exceptions.

There, they're, and their. Hmm... Scene and seen.... Others..... Uhhh... Where and we're. And then you have context and meanings.. Ugh. So confusing sometimes! XD

last edited at May 3, 2015 5:17PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

This WAS sarcasm right?

To some other ones. It doesn't have three alphabets, but in general I've only ever been told it is horrible to learn. Too many words that mean too many things, and too many variations depending on geography. A lot of it is easy to work out (colour), but learning Side walk and Pavement for the same thing because two different versions call it two different things is confusing.

Dialects and geographical differences exist in different languages, too. I'm german and there are at least two german dialects I couldn't even hold conversations with. There are no gramatical cases and stuff like that in english. Where english just uses "it", other languages still differentiante into male, female or neutral nouns. Verbs have different forms depending on the pronoun.
There's quite a bit of stuff like that.

Oh wow! I don't think I've ever found anyone outside of Youtube who likes this genre as well! Kindred spirits! XD So refreshing!

Haha, yeah. I know exactly one person in real life who listens to music like that and that's just because I bombarded him with it after we talked about Samurai Champloo. :D

last edited at May 3, 2015 5:17PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

OriginalGengar

Dialects and geographical differences exist in different languages, too. I'm german and there are at least two german dialects I couldn't even hold conversations with. There are no gramatical cases and stuff like that in english. Where english just uses "it", other languages still differentiante into male, female or neutral nouns. Verbs have different forms depending on the pronoun.

And then you can totally make up a logically weird sentence but be grammatically correct!

I so want to chair you right now Gengar that I cannot tree my glass correctly.

Some people are far more elegant when it comes to this than I am.

Haha, yeah. I know exactly one person in real life who listens to music like that and that's just because I bombarded him with it after we talked about Samurai Champloo. :D

I've tried but have failed. :(

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Random Reader

There, they're, and their. Hmm... Scene and seen.... Others..... Uhhh... Where and we're. And then you have context and meanings.. Ugh. So confusing sometimes! XD

OriginalGengar

Maybe I will not talk about Polish here xD

last edited at May 3, 2015 5:23PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

No. Please do.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Most of those languages tend to make sense when your pronouncing them though. English words just has whatever letters it felt like slapped onto them, and no one bothered regulating that the sounds were generally consistent. (deer, dear vs beer bear).

I'm not saying English is the hardest language in the world, but if we're speaking relative to Korean, it shares few enough similarities that I don't think it's all that simple for them.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

This WAS sarcasm right?

English might have some tricky places in its grammar that are harder to master probably because it doesn't have this strict word order and it has about 80% of its vocabulary coming from French, but still it lack the grammar cases in German and Russian(they are real pain at least for me) and French - it's full with grammar exceptions(not even dare to mention the spelling).Anyway, that's my opinion as non-native speaker.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

No. Please do.

Maybe just read this post http://foxintwilight.tumblr.com/post/116478170962/what-would-be-the-best-way-of-learning-polish-in

and watch this video :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUTTosdOQGA

But honestly Polish is one of the hardest languages to learn for foreigners ^^"

last edited at May 3, 2015 5:34PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

haha, maybe I should keep it down that I am actually finishing my degree in Linguistics and I could say something more haha, jeez and I always thought it's useless studying that. Anyway, my native language is Bulgarian.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Is Seol-a really sitting next to No-rae in the morning listening to her breath? But it never shows if No-rae's in the blankets or not...?

Yes, she really is. No-Rae is in the blankets - her brother asks Seol-A at the end of the chapter of No-Rae's still sleeping. Again, as long as Google translated it correctly. Must have had a very cute face, that sleeping No-Rae, hehe

joined Mar 28, 2014

halmoni, my dear granny, pwease, dewiver vhe phapter twanphlacion, pwetty pwease!

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Ch. 33 rough translation
http://pastebin.com/ief1BW59

omg I want to be Ssamba's friend SHE DREW A FACE FOR ME <3333
And oh no No-rae's mom is hot too

HypocriticalLiar
As for the whole Seol-a=queen and No-rae=knight thing, it was because recently No-rae has been acting more and more like a protective boyfriend. She saves Seol-a from the choking dude, she gets nervous after seeing Seol-a all dolled up for their date, she loses it when she hears those bitches talking about Seol-a in the bathroom, she gets jealous after seeing Seol-a talk to an old guy acquaintance, she goes to save Seol-a from Kyung-woo, and she tries to protect Seol-a in the taxi. We see so many instances of No-rae protecting Seol-a, which is why I likened her to a knight. Seol-a's like a queen in that she's someone that No-rae wants to protect, but she's still a strong, independent woman. And she's hella smooth when she's hitting on No-rae lol.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Hahahaha!

I see that halmoni is using my picture as avatar!! :D

joined Mar 28, 2014

Ch. 33 rough translation
http://pastebin.com/ief1BW59

Yea-a-ash, shank you my dear for my shweet dreams tonight! I didn't expect such a quick response to my pray - you truly are a goddess after all, hahaha!

omg I want to be Ssamba's friend SHE DREW A FACE FOR ME <3333

lol, just ask her for more here - I'm telling you she's watching hahaha Would be awesome if she contacted you to do the official translations for the English comico of it ever happens!

I really loved the idea of two moms going out proposed by the anon above!

ADD
And the next chapter is a serious talk between Seol-A and No-Rae's brother? I'm sooo digging it!

last edited at May 3, 2015 6:20PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Time to turn this thread into an halmoni-appreciation-thread again! Thank you so much!

joined Nov 2, 2014

No-rae's brother really seems to be plotting something cool.
I think he's already caught on that there's something fishy between No-rae and Seol-a ^^

And as always, thank you Halmoni for the translation !

last edited at May 3, 2015 6:26PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I think he's already caught on that there's something fishy between No-rae and Seol-a ^^

And as always, thank you Halmoni for the translation !

Hehehe fishy.

I'm sorry.

joined Jan 31, 2015

halmoni:

takachi:

anonymous:

Forget No-rae x Seol-a.

It's all about No-rae's Mom x Seol-a's Mom.

No-rae's Mom:
Oh my, that looks really comfortable!
Seol-a's Mom:
Why don't you join me and find out? :3

Then my "What if Fluttering Feelings... was written by Saburouta (author of Citrus)" scenario happens, except with No-rae's Mom and Seol-a's Mom.

/totally called it

joined Mar 23, 2013

Yeah, to be fair it wasn't so hard to connect the dots. His sister visits like that, has a rather peculiar conversation about "paths and normality" and suddenly this gorgeous woman comes running to catch her.

It doesn't take a genius 240 IQ for that one. It would be nice for a male family member to help things out. Men have been rather antagonistic in their own way in this series, would be nice for ultimate wingman to appear especially since he's a family member.
What is really going to be interesting is what he has to say. He is going to drop golden nuggets of knowledge and common sense into Seol-a just like he did for his sister?

....Find out in the next chapter of... >_> ( why must we wait another week, it's killing me! )

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

halmoni:

takachi:

anonymous:

Forget No-rae x Seol-a.

It's all about No-rae's Mom x Seol-a's Mom.

No-rae's Mom:
Oh my, that looks really comfortable!
Seol-a's Mom:
Why don't you join me and find out? :3

Then my "What if Fluttering Feelings... was written by Saburouta (author of Citrus)" scenario happens, except with No-rae's Mom and Seol-a's Mom.

/totally called

LOL..Bow

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

So.. the brother is going to have a nice stroll and chat with Seol-a huh?? He seems like a perceptive kinda guy.. Betchya anything he leans on Seol-a about her relationship with No-rae and how she sees and feels about No-rae.

To reply you must either login or sign up.