Forum › The Model & The Plain Manager discussion

joined Aug 21, 2017

I'll take a confession, good enough. Thanks for scanlating.

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

What a shitty end! Is the laziest end ever by far! Looks like the artist got tired and just write "end" on the last page on some random chapter. If you write a complex story, with plots everywhere, i can understand that you forget/let out some of them unsolved. But this story established just one thread to untie: The relationship between a model and her mannager. You can´t leave it totally unconcluded 'cause the story becomes wasted time. Nothing changes between them, they may have confessed their feelings to each other but their relationship doesn't change at all. I hope the artist has reserved some extra chapter(s) that shuts my mouth off..

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, that was a . . . sedate, ending.

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

I wonder if the sudden end came from the author or publisher.. and I was really invested in this one too, damnit
Anyway I liked the style so time to follow the author and see what they come up with next, their pixiv have a new story but i can't read jp so we wait for our scan gods to bless us

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with the others saying that the ending felt rushed, and it's probably because it was. Now I'm not gonna blame the author as this seems to be more of a case of the publisher rushing them to end it. That being said I thought the ending was cute, I liked how they were able to confess and talk about their emotions like reasonable adults, which seems to be a rarity in these works. It was honestly reminiscent of the ending scene of The Apartment (1960). These two are cute and I wish them the best in their relationship in a society that might not be as acceptable, especially given Hisaki's modeling career and how it can be affected by it.

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

The ending didn't feel rushed. It felt like a car crash.

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

yep, that sure is an ending

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I'm sorry this was a pretty cute series, but that was the "that's it?"iest of all the "that's it?" endings out there. Well maybe not, but probably up there! I wonder if the author had to cut it short for any number of possible reasons? Ah well, thanks anyway, and to the translators as well.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

What's with all these series and not ending it with a kiss? Give us what we want before you go!

joined May 29, 2019

the plain manager at the end.. she's so matter of fact and direct with what she says, it's actually kind of attractive lol. abrupt as an ending but pretty unique, I'll take it. bonus points to yuria being all "?! doki doki" cause same

joined Aug 20, 2022

Out of all the endings I've read, this is one of them. Understandable if publishing didn't go as planned and the author had to wrap it up. I'm not exactly disappointed but yeah.

joined Mar 4, 2017

Well that sucked. :/

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Kinda good ending but it came quite suddenly. Still, nice story.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

At least it concluded. And while I enjoyed it, it wasn't anything great. It's business and if it doesn't sell it has to go make space for other better products.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

Theres got to be an epilogue or one-shot sequel down the line. It felt a bit abrupt but I still liked it

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Kinda glad it didn't end with a kiss at the end since there was no hint from our plain manager. Wouldn't have made sense. Cute series though.

joined Jul 19, 2021

If you look at the chapter list in chapter 6, there is an epilogue.

joined May 29, 2021

Well there’s the epilogue. I guess they’re in a relationship now? We didn’t get much information. And still no kiss. Unless you count the cheek kiss in that bonus illustration.

joined May 3, 2014

Kinda glad it didn't end with a kiss at the end since there was no hint from our plain manager. Wouldn't have made sense. Cute series though.

I read an romance story WITH NOT ROMANCE TT^TT WTF

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Lightweight X Lightweight is a good dynamic

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwwwww.

I DO hope we get at least one more chapter, later....

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

kinda disappointed the series ended as soon as feelings were realized and we didn't get to see any of them acting like a couple until this tiny epilogue but I'll take it

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

aww they look cute as brides

To reply you must either login or sign up.