Forum › Posts by And They Were Roommates

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023
117871565_p0

a random Utena fan art appears
It's fascinated me how much what I thought was an obscure '90s anime has seen a resurgence in the last several years

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

this story was really good, it's one of the first stories I read on this yuri website who's name I can't remember which led me to here

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

this is the only image that depicts a Black couple in this entire website so far.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023
Belletaku-1771747399037247954-img1

why they always make the slightly tanned one the more masculine one?

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

I can't handle this much sweetness I'm diabetic
but seriously this was lovely, please more couple life stories with adults thank you

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023
_larajenn-1762580155657081304-img1

HO-LY FUCK I had not thought about this pairing at all, also gonna need the mature tag as well cause we definitely need more older sapphics

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

girl quit playing and show me the damn picture so I can tell you!

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

this series definitely needs more doujin dammit

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

Gives me some Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vibes. Must be the scooter.

There are so many stories here that remind me of YKK, specially in the adult life and slice of life tags.
That series pretty much leaks into almost every work that I like, surprised there isn't any doujins of it here, just a couple of images.
Also this website should definitely have an iyashikei tag, for when you just want to read chill little stories like this one.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023
Void_dot_exe-1750393694623297714-img1

that damn meme
I wonder how the actors feel about it

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

Perhaps one of the most original stories I've ever read on this website. This was a delightful read, the story was lovely and very funny, would definitely read more chapters. I'm surprised this is the first time this artist's work get's posted on here, I could've swore the art style looks familiar, but then again a lot of works have a similar art style.
And great job on the translation the comedic queues translated very well.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

wait what? so did the journalist develop feelings for the owner? did she really misunderstand the owner and her friend's relationship and jumped to her own conclusions? It appears so but I'm not entirely sure.
I'm so confused and I can clearly see I'm far from the only one, this definitely needs another chapter to clear up the confusion.

And They Were Roommates
Pieta discussion 24 Jan 18:45
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

It's a shame all my comments were deleted, but yeah this is a masterpiece.
And it's always fun to go back and read old stories with a more modern perspective.
I don't know if I was the first to notice the possibility of both main characters being neurodivergent, but I was definitely the first one to point it out in this comment section.
I'm not sure if the author meant for them to be on the spectrum; given how little neurodivergent people were understood at the time (still are), but I wouldn't be surprised if she at least tried to tell a story about 2 women who experience the world a little different than most.
a lovely story and probably one of the first yuri stories to have a happy ending.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

hmmm I'm not sure about this, I didn't like the bit with the phone, I thought it was kinda tacky and it crossed boundaries as it could potentially get her fired, especially if it's something important. Also that thing she said about "you can't say no", uhm actually she can, retracting consent is something that is important especially in a BDSM relationship (which this one seem to be) as the people in them need to have total trust in one another, I would say it's essential. I know this is a work of fiction but sometimes I worry if people who are reading these things get the wrong idea.

And They Were Roommates
Adult life discussion 17 Oct 17:38
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

My favorite tag of all time, it's nice to see more and more people start to appreciate it. I suppose it has to do with the readership getting older. I especially love the stories where the adult characters resolve their conflicts like adults without unnecessary drama, love that.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

...real

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

no comments in almost 10 years so I guess I'll go
this story puzzled me ever since I read it, so many questions left unanswered, which I guess is what happens on one shots
what was this being? what was their obsession with the stars? it just went up and left as soon as that girl yelled at her, she was like "welp I'm out" without any explanation
stories like these are frustrating because I'm sure there's a lot of lore behind it, but we'll never know.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

oh nooo this seems like one of those student x teacher stories, I have that tag muted because of how gross I think that is, yikes

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

not for nothing but if you're hurting your partner during sex you might be doing something wrong, regardless of whether they're in the mood or not.
anyways this was like others have said a bittersweet but realistic ending, but that poster at the end gives me some hope that one day who knows, they might once again go to that paradise and throw away the suit together ;)

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

reminds me so much of this and there's really something cute about women longing for their adorable delivery girls.

thank you for the recommendation this is exactly what I was saying when I wanted to see more stories featuring delivery women, like this one

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

Ok no no no I need more and I'm so serious, I want to see how their relationship develops from idol and fan to actual intimate partners that's not totally creepy.
Would love if it could also delve more into that whole subject of what happens to idols once they're no longer in the spotlight, and how they carry on with their every day lives.
Gosh do I love adult life yuri that's realistic, I'm glad she technically didn't break the rules to go stalk her, and took time off work when she got injured and let the relationship flow naturally, I don't feel like a lot of authors would've done that.
This story for some reason reminds me of that other one with a delivery driver also finding love, I feel like that could be a sub genre within itself.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023
Ticcytx-1704521182504960278-img1

here to pay my respects

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023
Tsunaminozazen-1704306243190632562-img1

I want a Bowsette that ACTUALLY looks like the female version of the character

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

Perhaps the most depressing but realistic ending to a yuri manga I've ever read. This was really sad, but it's the reality of how things work, especially under capitalism. Makes me wonder if the author had more time to develop the story what they would've done. Would the couple have eventually settle in to the quiet little community? Would they have founded some kind of gay enclave with that other woman? We will truly never know, but it was an interesting and good story nonetheless.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

^ I think that's a white person