Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

am i the only one who finds this disturbing... like the girl is a elementary loli...while the other girl is in high school... or was it middle school.

Either way i'll continue to read to see where it goes... but if it gets to unrealistic...calling it off...

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

La Aoi Beau Chico posted:

am i the only one who finds this disturbing... like the girl is a elementary loli...while the other girl is in high school... or was it middle school.

No. There was 20 pages before of people constantly saying and arguing how creepy and disturbing it is. It finally calmed down.

last edited at Dec 1, 2016 10:23AM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I'm a bit perplexed. I checked the tags again, and sure enough, the lolicon tag is there. Why is the fact that it involves a child something that seems to surprise people?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Because unlike most lolicons where it is usually middle schooler with adult/teacher, it is a middle/high schooler with elementary schooler. While the age gap isn't that big, the age of younger one is seriously young which throws people out of the loop.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm a bit perplexed. I checked the tags again, and sure enough, the lolicon tag is there. Why is the fact that it involves a child something that seems to surprise people?

I doubt anyone is surprised by it, that's ridiculous. What seems to make a big difference is that she's being portrayed as a pretty realistic child, rather than the typical loli stuff that's pretty divorced from reality. There's also the fact that the author herself seems to suggest that if the older girl gives in to her urges, then it would be a Bad Thing (in fact a lot of the comedy relies on that tension), so it's not really a typical loli story where an age gap set that young has no real repercussions. It's hardly a surprise that readers would see that stuff and respond.

last edited at Dec 1, 2016 10:48AM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I...see. Hm, I would've seen where the response is coming from if they said it's because of the way it was all set up. I guess it's just because the latest comment expressing their distaste specifically pointed out the fact that it's a child which confused me.

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

Holy... These chapters can't come quick enough!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Because unlike most lolicons where it is usually middle schooler with adult/teacher, it is a middle/high schooler with elementary schooler. While the age gap isn't that big, the age of younger one is seriously young which throws people out of the loop.

I think it's interesting that, even though the protagonist is a high schooler (very common), the love interest however, is a grade schooler (DUN DUN DUN). I don't remember having seen this sort of age gap before. Seems new that the issue itself is addressed between Mimika and Shi-chan, and that's Mimika's currently pretty aware of how it is, and how it can't be.

last edited at Dec 2, 2016 11:27PM

joined Mar 6, 2016

Cant wait for the next one!

Azu_nyan_nyan_nyan_gif_1_by_jaegirlsdeviant438-d7ednu6
joined Oct 8, 2016

I checked next chapter.wtf is going on!

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I checked the next chapter too, and damn, shit went from 0 to dominoes very quickly. Can't wait to see it translated !

Prepare either the drama or the angst tags, and be ready not to see the comedy one.

If anyone wants to check it too, here's the link.

last edited at Dec 4, 2016 4:13PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Chapter 11 spoilers:

Basically, it's mostly Mimika thinking to herself about how badly she wants to tell Yuzumori that she likes her romantically, but ultimately cannot because she doesn't want to ruin their current relationship. Mimika believes that Yuzumori's form of「好き」is different from hers, so she tries to calm herself down and not have any delusional thoughts about it.

Mimika thinks back to the memories they shared together and realizes that she definitely can't ruin their relationship because she would feel absolutely crushed if she said something that would stop them from being friends since Yuzumori is already so lonely... so eventually, Mimika answers Yuzumori by casually saying, "I really like you too, Yuzumori-san!" (not as a confession though).

HOWEVER, shit starts going down the drain when Mimika tries to shut her romantic feelings for Yuzumori away. Mimika, not wanting to let go of those feelings, breaks down because she is unable to move on. If I'm seeing this correctly, it looks like while crying, all Mimika managed to say out loud was:

Mimika: I like you... (just the typical「好き」, nothing too special... to Yuzumori, at least)
Mimika: ... Giving up is impossible. (Be aware Mimika doesn't explicitly say what she's giving up on)
Mimika: Simply remaining as just friends...
Mimika: I don't want that!
Mimika (to herself): It's over.
Mimika (to herself): I really went and did it.
Mimika (to herself): There's no turning back now. / There's no way we'll be able to go back to the way things were before.
Mimika (to herself): I have broken down. (Rough translation... I suppose she's basically just saying "RIP me")

EDIT: Forgot to mention that in the above, I believe what's implied is that Mimika's words can be taken as "I don't want us to be friends anymore", but it's entirely left up to interpretation. Actually, no, I don't know anymore, LOL. This is just what I think, but I could be entirely off the mark. Yuzumori might know what's going on.

last edited at Dec 4, 2016 5:29PM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Whoa. My goodness. I don't know Japanese but those tears were heartbreaking, and understandable considering she's in a position that most people will not be sympathetic to, rightfully or not

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Thanks for the enlightenment Seira. Sometimes, I really wish I could read and speak japanese ..

On a good note, it seems like the next chapter will be released in one week instead of two. Thumbs up to Ejima Eri !

Also, I hope Mimika will like her new cell.

last edited at Dec 4, 2016 5:11PM

joined Dec 4, 2016

age gap? Mc's like in middle school and Yuzumori seems like be in grade school. It could just be like, a 1 year diff tho, but mc seems taller and all, idk. Will have to wait for more chapters for confirmation of some kind

They have a 7 year dif

joined Sep 21, 2014

age gap? Mc's like in middle school and Yuzumori seems like be in grade school. It could just be like, a 1 year diff tho, but mc seems taller and all, idk. Will have to wait for more chapters for confirmation of some kind

They have a 7 year dif

Jesus m8, that was 6 months ago

last edited at Dec 4, 2016 5:59PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Jesus m8, that was 5 months ago, we know now, no shit

Be indulgent, it's their first post, that's an improper way to welcome a new user. Someone who reads Yuzumori-san doesn't deserve this hatred ^^

last edited at Dec 4, 2016 5:59PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

They have a 7 year dif

8 years

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

They have a 7 year dif

8 years

Pretty sure Mimika is 15-16 and Yuzumori is 9-10.

joined Jan 31, 2015

They have a 7 year dif

8 years

Mimika is 16 and Yuzumori is 8

joined Sep 21, 2014

They have a 7 year dif

8 years

Mimika is 16 and Yuzumori is 8

Yuzumori-san is in 4th grade iirc, so that would put her at 9-10. Mimika's in her 2nd year of high school, so she'd be around 15-16.
We don't know their definite ages, just their grades

last edited at Dec 4, 2016 8:47PM

joined Aug 22, 2016

it SUCKS not to know how to read Japanese.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

it SUCKS not to know how to read Japanese.

Azu_nyan_nyan_nyan_gif_1_by_jaegirlsdeviant438-d7ednu6
joined Oct 8, 2016

1 question. In last сhapter Yuzumori said "i like you".
I thought,that,when somebody say "...ことが好き" its mean "I love you"
Am i wrong?

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

It's a more generic wording that can mean both romantically, as a friend or that you like chocolate. The more "direct" and certain form of "love" would be "aishiteru" which clearly involve romantic feelings, but is less often used.

To reply you must either login or sign up.