Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Kotooka needs a hug and someone to tell her she isn't a bad person.

She's actively interfering with the plans of our beautiful heroines, she's the true villain of the series
All she needs now is a skin tight evil tokusatsu costume and a messier hair
Or a weird hat
A weird hat would work fine

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 10:14PM

joined Jul 22, 2016

I want to give Mikage a hug. (Kotooka...)
Threesome ending please. Everyone deserves happiness....

Th
joined Aug 6, 2014

this is what i'm looking for.

Word.

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

omfg. I'd been wondering, how is it that no one has noticed the circular love triangle yet, given that if you like someone, you tend to watch the person and end up figuring out who that person is watching too, and this chapter happens.

Even before this chapter, I had some suspicions that Kotooka knew that Tsukasa liked Nadeshiko, but I thought I was just overanalysing stuff. But with this chapter, it seems there's quite a bit to unpack from the characters are not saying, and I'm going to go into overanalysis overdrive now.

First off, I think Nadeshiko knows that Kotooka has feelings for Tsukasa. One example is during that rooftop chat with Kotooka, when Nadeshiko looks thoughtful and says "...but I guess you'd be concerned about that". And the expressions on Nadeshiko's face (especially the thin smile in the first panel) when Mama Kotooka said Kotooka had practised a lot for cream puffs because Tsukasa likes them.

This is a bit shakier, but I also think that Nadeshiko is actually aware (or at least suspects) that Tsukasa likes her - the line about "and then there's when they realize you've changed" feels like a reference to Nadeshiko commenting on Tsukasa's hair. I found it significant that Kotooka's thought bubble on "what's going on, does she have feelings for Tsukasa?" blocks out that line - it seems to suggest that Kotooka didn't hear that part, which led her to conclude that Nadeshiko was only talking about her (Kotooka).

So far we've gotten Tsukasa and Kotooka's take on things, I think we'll see Nadeshiko's perspective soon, and it'll be interesting to see if my theories play out. What do you all think? Is Nadeshiko more aware about the circular love triangle than she has appeared to be so far?

joined Jun 2, 2016

Very meh and dragged out. Dropping this.

If you don't have patience you should drop out. This manga is too tough for you.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

omfg. I'd been wondering, how is it that no one has noticed the circular love triangle yet, given that if you like someone, you tend to watch the person and end up figuring out who that person is watching too, and this chapter happens.

Even before this chapter, I had some suspicions that Kotooka knew that Tsukasa liked Nadeshiko, but I thought I was just overanalysing stuff. But with this chapter, it seems there's quite a bit to unpack from the characters are not saying, and I'm going to go into overanalysis overdrive now.

First off, I think Nadeshiko knows that Kotooka has feelings for Tsukasa. One example is during that rooftop chat with Kotooka, when Nadeshiko looks thoughtful and says "...but I guess you'd be concerned about that". And the expressions on Nadeshiko's face (especially the thin smile in the first panel) when Mama Kotooka said Kotooka had practised a lot for cream puffs because Tsukasa likes them.

This is a bit shakier, but I also think that Nadeshiko is actually aware (or at least suspects) that Tsukasa likes her - the line about "and then there's when they realize you've changed" feels like a reference to Nadeshiko commenting on Tsukasa's hair. I found it significant that Kotooka's thought bubble on "what's going on, does she have feelings for Tsukasa?" blocks out that line - it seems to suggest that Kotooka didn't hear that part, which led her to conclude that Nadeshiko was only talking about her (Kotooka).

So far we've gotten Tsukasa and Kotooka's take on things, I think we'll see Nadeshiko's perspective soon, and it'll be interesting to see if my theories play out. What do you all think? Is Nadeshiko more aware about the circular love triangle than she has appeared to be so far?

Washio doesn't seem to know Tsukasa is in love with her at all. If she did, i doubt she would keep quiet about the whole thing and would even try to hook her up with glasses kid. That would be a pretty selfish and scummy thing to do, specially after how supportive Tsukasa has been with her love for Kotooka and Washio doesn't seem to be that kind of selfish person. And she doesn't seem to know how Kotooka feels either, she's probably the type of girl that would try to set them up if she knew her beloved is in love with her friend.

As interesting as your theory sounds, i think Kotooka is the only one that knows the feelings of everyone in the group since she's the scale that keeps things balanced in the group. The author made a lot of emphasis on that in this chapter.

joined Apr 16, 2014

Kotooka's birthday is a day after mine~ Love how both I and my fav's a Libra!

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

I'm a simple woman, I see fast update, I fall inlove with the scanlators

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

This chapter was really interesting I find, I think Kotooka makes a good narrator, seeing things from her point of view was refreshing. Her angst is darker than Shiratori's, likely Washio's as well, as she is burdened by the knowledge of it all, and has to maintain appearances to keep everything balanced. She's a libra. (I was totally like oh shit when I saw this page and the huge scale)
It was a lot to take in tho. You get the gist of her feelings, her thoughts, her character, but you get all of the truth behind her facade for the last 6 chapters in a single chapter, I'll have probs have to reread, or wing it and hope I understood and remember most of it.
I like Kotooka. As she was presented in the first 6 chapters, she wasn't as interesting as she is now. Seems like she gave up on her love from the very start, but also can't support Shiratori and Washio's, so this is all she can manage, all she can think of, this peaceful stalemate.
It's interesting that they all have it tough with varying degrees, each only seeing the one(s) in front of them, uh, like:
Washio is bittersweet from unrequited love, it's pretty simple actually. Meanwhile, Shiratori acknowledges Washio's love and pain but is also trying to deal with her own unrequited feelings, and is quite hurting too. Finally, you have Kotooka, who suspected and then confirmed everyone's feelings and while trying to deal with her own unreciprocated feelings, is trying to subtly let Washio down and aware of Shiratori's love and pain.

tl;dr: Kotooka is an interesting narrator, a really good chapter. I already knew cus spoilers, but thank god she has more depth. Has the heaviest burden of them all.

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 11:17PM

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Kotooka needs a hug and someone to tell her she isn't a bad person.

She's actively interfering with the plans of our beautiful heroines, she's the true villain of the series
All she needs now is a skin tight evil tokusatsu costume and a messier hair
Or a weird hat
A weird hat would work fine

I guess she's not actually a bad person, since at the end of the day she knows this doesn't bode well and she wants to remain friends with the two of them, but she's trying way too damn hard to be a normie, and she sucking dicks left and right and wanting her friends to do the same is not gonna help anybody.
I don't think she particularly likes Shiratori, but I think the issue is that she's a heavily closeted lesbian, and Shiratori is a cute girl.
She said that she knows you're not allowed to fall in love with a friend, and that she knows Shiratori's tears were unrequited love ones, and then she froze when they got past that other group of friends, so I think she fell in love with a female friend of hers in the past, then drama ensued and she lost her, and that's why she's now trying to brute-force heterosexuality into herself. Quite literally.

Threesome

No.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

This chapter was really interesting I find, I think Kotooka makes a good narrator, seeing things from her point of view was refreshing. Her angst is darker than Shiratori's, likely Washio's as well, as she is burdened by the knowledge of it all, and has to maintain appearances to keep everything balanced. She's a libra. (I was totally like oh shit when I saw this page and the huge scale)
It was a lot to take in tho. You get the gist of her feelings, her thoughts, her character, but you get all of the truth behind her facade for the last 6 chapters in a single chapter, I'll have probs have to reread, or wing it and hope I understood and remember most of it.
I like Kotooka. As she was presented in the first 6 chapters, she wasn't as interesting as she is now. Seems like she gave up on her love from the very start, but also can't support Shiratori and Washio's, so this is all she can manage, all she can think of, this peaceful stalemate.
It's interesting that they all have it tough with varying degrees, each only seeing the one(s) in front of them, uh, like:
Washio is bittersweet from unrequited love, it's pretty simple actually. Meanwhile, Shiratori acknowledges Washio's love and pain but is also trying to deal with her own unrequited feelings, and is quite hurting too. Finally, you have Kotooka, who suspected and then confirmed everyone's feelings and while trying to deal with her own unreciprocated feelings, is trying to subtly let Washio down and aware of Shiratori's love and pain.

tl;dr: Kotooka is an interesting narrator, a really good chapter. I already knew cus spoilers, but thank god she has more depth. Has the heaviest burden of them all.

Kotooka was pretty interesting in this chapter. We get to see how much she cares for her friends, but at the same time we get to see how selfish she is with her feelings by not trying to help Tsukasa get with the person she really likes. Overall, this is the best chapter of the series so far, but knowing how slow it has been for the first 6 chapters, we'll be back to the glasses guy trying to get with Tsukasa by next chapter.

Sailor%20moon%20crystal%20-%2027.mkv_snapshot_18.10_[2016.04.14_00.25.11]
joined Jul 21, 2015

She said that she knows you're not allowed to fall in love with a friend, and that she knows Shiratori's tears were unrequited love ones, and then she froze when they got past that other group of friends, so I think she fell in love with a female friend of hers in the past, then drama ensued and she lost her, and that's why she's now trying to brute-force heterosexuality into herself. Quite literally.

i think she froze because they reminded her of her own friendship with tsukasa and washio and (probably) wished that they could be like that too, just a "normal" group of girls with nothing going on between them except friendship

joined Aug 29, 2016

This has been like the best love triangle manga I've ever red. Like, I'm just sitting and reading this last chapter, Chapter 7, when it is revealed that one of the girls knows about the love triangle and both of who the girls like along with that she likes Tsukasa. What would happen if everyone knew about the love triangle, and no one knows about Kotooka's love yet. This is so amazing and so suspenseful. PLEASE KEEP UPLOADING

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 11:41PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Sucks being kotooka... she's the most unlucky of them all. She's a bit of an idiot who thinks she's not allowed to fall in love with a girl, a friend, and she wishes that the three of them would stick together just as friends... but she knows too much, so she realized that's impossible... she knows Nadeshiko doesn't see her as a friend, and that she doesn't see Tsukasa as a friend either... how can there be friendship betweem them?

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 11:45PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Kotooka was pretty interesting in this chapter. We get to see how much she cares for her friends, but at the same time we get to see how selfish she is with her feelings by not trying to help Tsukasa get with the person she really likes. Overall, this is the best chapter of the series so far, but knowing how slow it has been for the first 6 chapters, we'll be back to the glasses guy trying to get with Tsukasa by next chapter.

I get that. I kinda understand how it's selfish of her, but I see it more like... she chooses not to be selfless, not like the way Tsukasa chose to be for Nadeshiko. She's honestly afraid Nadeshiko could return Tsukasa's feelings. If that were to happen, she'd be the one with the shorter of the stick. It's pretty harsh. You can't root for one pairing without another one being left out and heartbroken (which a lot of readers wouldn't care for tbh, because there's probs one character they care about less than the other two). But considering that they're all close friends, it's pretty heartbreaking yeah. "You're not supposed to fall in love with your friend', and that's legit what every single of them did and now they're fucked.
I have no idea how this is gonna end. Often, even tho they're "love triangles", each individuals aren't "equal". Often you have the more obvious pairing, and one person left out, with unrequited feelings for one of them, or two people who like the same person, tho you can tell that there's one of the two that person fancies more, so it's pretty obvious too, the way it's hinted. But as of now I can't tell for this one. So far we've mainly had Tsukasa as the narrator, so seeing it from her point of view, I think it's natural more people ship her and her own love interest, but the author does try to maintain this balance by having none of the girls show actual interest in the one "pursuing" them (basically, no one reciprocates the feels of another). It's pretty frozen for now.
As much as Asakura's interference make me nervous, he does seem to be the one to have stirred things up a whole lot, the balance was fragile for a few chapters. I guess that's the boys' purposes in the series, somehow move that balance/loop the 3 girls are [trying to remain] in.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

The while time I could tell how Kotooka felt about Tsukasa, and I shipped the two of them so this was pretty painful.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

i think she froze because they reminded her of her own friendship with tsukasa and washio and (probably) wished that they could be like that too, just a "normal" group of girls with nothing going on between them except friendship

Oh, absolutely, but I'm sure she wants that so badly now because of whatever happened in her past.

I have no idea how this is gonna end.

That's the good part of love triangles, it keeps them interesting till the very end. The bad part being of course that, no matter what happens, somebody will suffer. And there's of course the possibility of getting a completely bad ending. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I have no idea how this is gonna end.

That's the good part of love triangles, it keeps them interesting till the very end. The bad part being of course that, no matter what happens, somebody will suffer. And there's of course the possibility of getting a completely bad ending. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Christ, it'd also be quite terrible if it ends the way it started, them deciding to all stay good friends or something

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Ok I'm dumber than a door knob but not afraid to confess I legit had no clue Kotooka had feelings for Tsukasa until this chapter. Whew, guess I should pay a bit more attention.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Christ, it'd also be quite terrible if it ends the way it started, them deciding to all stay good friends or something

They could be SUPER FRIENDS instead...

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I get that. I kinda understand how it's selfish of her, but I see it more like... she chooses not to be selfless, not like the way Tsukasa chose to be for Nadeshiko. She's honestly afraid Nadeshiko could return Tsukasa's feelings. If that were to happen, she'd be the one with the shorter of the stick. It's pretty harsh. You can't root for one pairing without another one being left out and heartbroken (which a lot of readers wouldn't care for tbh, because there's probs one character they care about less than the other two). But considering that they're all close friends, it's pretty heartbreaking yeah. "You're not supposed to fall in love with your friend', and that's legit what every single of them did and now they're fucked.
I have no idea how this is gonna end. Often, even tho they're "love triangles", each individuals aren't "equal". Often you have the more obvious pairing, and one person left out, with unrequited feelings for one of them, or two people who like the same person, tho you can tell that there's one of the two that person fancies more, so it's pretty obvious too, the way it's hinted. But as of now I can't tell for this one. So far we've mainly had Tsukasa as the narrator, so seeing it from her point of view, I think it's natural more people ship her and her own love interest, but the author does try to maintain this balance by having none of the girls show actual interest in the one "pursuing" them (basically, no one reciprocates the feels of another). It's pretty frozen for now.
As much as Asakura's interference make me nervous, he does seem to be the one to have stirred things up a whole lot, the balance was fragile for a few chapters. I guess that's the boys' purposes in the series, somehow move that balance/loop the 3 girls are [trying to remain] in.

I think her being worried about being left out is just a part of her actual problem, which i think its seeing the girl she really likes ending up with another girl, which is something she would like to have but can't due to her own insecurities. If her problem was just the feeling of exclusion from her group of friends, Tsukasa falling in love with a boy would be the same thing since we even saw how she felt that her friends were feeling left out after she got a boyfriend in chapter 1.

As to how this is going to end, you're right, theres not a clear winner or loser so far, but if i were to bet right now, i'll say that Tsukasa ends up with Washio. The reason is that they've been hinting at that boy with the takoyaki shirt Washio felt in love when she was younger more than once and they also have been hinting at how tomboyish Tsukasa was back in the day. The part about Kotooka being the "balance" in their group could also be considered a hint at how things are going to unfold at some point since i think things are going to get really bad for the group once Washio finds out Tsukasa was in love with her the whole time.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Ok I'm dumber than a door knob but not afraid to confess I legit had no clue Kotooka had feelings for Tsukasa until this chapter. Whew, guess I should pay a bit more attention.

omg bro
In case anyone's forgotten/didnt notice(??), in the very chapter, we see how they met right?
Tsukasa remembers how Nadeshiko compliments her hair (tears out the button of her sleeve to save the lock of Tsukasa's hair stuck to it), Nadeshiko remembers how Kotooka sews her button back to her sleeve, and Kotooka remembers how Tsukasa notices that she had pricked her finger, and gave her a band-aid + "take care of yourself".
One of the subtle themes of the chapter was how one person may remember a detail of a memory quite precisely, while another could have no recollection of it at all. You had this one same encounter, and each of them remembered one aspect of it in particular, and have forgotten the kind, casual remark they've given another.
It wasn't explicitly stated, but you can tell that, from the way Kotooka's set of memories of the same scene was shared to show her focus on this one thing Tsukasa did and said to her, the way it parallels both Nadeshiko and Tsukasa's recollections of that day, that Kotooka is in love too.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I was peeking at the raws (ch.19)... Nadeshiko's new hairstyle is so cute a ponytail °^° I don't get what's going on but I can see lots of aangst comming foward
cliché moment when two of the friends fight and the mc doesn't know which side to take or how make them make up

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 1:09AM

For%20dyansty
joined Jan 11, 2016

Kotooka x Shiratori ship sails!!!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Kotoooooka !! Bae is the best character. ;_;

Seriously rooting for the Kotooka/Tsukasa pair, but I have a feeling it'll end up being Tsukasa/Nadeshiko if they don't end up going the threesome or nosome route.

To reply you must either login or sign up.