Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

@9toenails

Fans only guessed which arc is whose based on whose face is shown on the banner. So the current arc is Seju's arc, because her face was the only one shown in the new banner, and the first arc was Sumin's, for the same reason. So, if that's true then Seju's arc should end somewhere around chapter 54 and Sungji's arc will start after that.

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 4:32PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

I feel like we've spent a lot of time on other characters for this Seju arc XD I demand more Seju!

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

why do I feel like Sungji arc is going to start off with some big shocking revelation? XD
haha maybe not really but I feel we will learn sth new in the first chapter.

joined Feb 4, 2016

Martian
Ah I see, thanks for the info !

Seeya
True that XD

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

This is why I couldn't move to TeamBlonde xD Bot only because I like Seju more, but because of how passive Sungji seems to be.
My opinion is, if Sumin can't recycle her own self noone else can. Of course close people help too, but the thought of someone coming into her life and saving seems unrealistic, if she doesn't want to helpo herself first

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I think Sumin always wanted to move on that's why she went into many relationships. But because all of those relationships made her life worse, she seemed like giving up on herself by now. I don't think she can ever recycle her own without any help from a person since I believe the most efficient way to recycle her garbage life is to have her succeeded what she failed. I would say if she can have a new fruitful love life, she will be completely healed. She doesn't need to be with Sungji. She can start over again with Seju. But I having more faith in Sungji now.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Seju once said "In a relationship we don't need to break up. Being side by side with no more reason to get hurt.", but a few chapters ago, she said "You probably don't think that the pain you give me means anything even though it amounts to more than any other suffering I had to endure." I don't know how you guys think of Seju, but for me, I think her character development has been so inconsistent to the point where it's kind of scary.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Also, it seems Seju could keep Sumin by her side for this whole 10 years because she's good at hiding her dark side/thought. If she had shown Sumin something like "I want you to suffer more so that you will come to me.", Sumin would probably get over her since years ago. I don't hate Seju at all, really!

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Because Seju's life is fubar, her thoughts can't be as totally clean as Sungji's, right?

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Because Seju's life is fubar, her thoughts can't be as totally clean as Sungji's, right?

That's the reason why I will never dislike her.

joined May 2, 2016

plot twist:
seju x sungji
team cottoncandy

HAHAHA. personally ive never been a fan of sumin and sungji together. imo theyre both too goody good for any real passion. the farthest development sungji has gotten is just a young naive and innocent girl--nothing too interesting there. sumin isnt exactly an interesting character in the relationship either. their relationship, imo, is just fluff and lofty love. teddy bear dates and sex--no build up or conflict at all.

not that i like sumin x seju either. their relationship is just too shattered and seju is literally always hurt af. sumins just an asshole to her omg.

nami is really warming up to me though, especially after that scene between her and seju. now that's interesting;)))

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

@9toenails

Fans only guessed which arc is whose based on whose face is shown on the banner. So the current arc is Seju's arc, because her face was the only one shown in the new banner, and the first arc was Sumin's, for the same reason. So, if that's true then Seju's arc should end somewhere around chapter 54 and Sungji's arc will start after that.

Sorry, can you tell me what banner you're talking about? So curious because I don't recall seeing this xD

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

@9toenails

Sorry, can you tell me what banner you're talking about? So curious because I don't recall seeing this xD

I don't know if it's actually called a banner, but it's the picture on lezhin when you click on the WDTFS manhwa...The one with the three of them ><

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

I've seen this talked about for as long as I can remember. But what makes the 2nd arc more about Seju than the first? Or less about Sumin?

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I've seen this talked about for as long as I can remember. But what makes the 2nd arc more about Seju than the first? Or less about Sumin?

All I remember is a fan started guessing that the second arc is about Seju, because her face was the only one shown in the picture of the new banner on lezhin when the secon arc started, and assumed that the first one is about Sumin because, again, her face was the only one shown. So all this arc is about this and that are all just an assumption. It was never said that it's true. People just started assuming that this arc is more about Seju and the first arc is about Sumin, and the third will be about Sungji.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

All I remember is a fan started guessing that the second arc is about Seju, because her face was the only one shown in the picture of the new banner on lezhin when the secon arc started, and assumed that the first one is about Sumin because, again, her face was the only one shown. So all this arc is about this and that are all just an assumption. It was never said that it's true. People just started assuming that this arc is more about Seju and the first arc is about Sumin, and the third will be about Sungji.

Yeah I know that's what's been said, I just don't really buy it lol

joined Mar 8, 2014

why not? it makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't exactly say the arc is about them but more like we discover something about them in each arc. The last arc was about discovering things about Sumin and her past and in this arc we found Seju's deepest feelings about the relationship so we can only guess that in the next arc we will find something about Sungji. Because the order is just too aligned to be a coincidence.

last edited at May 2, 2016 8:38AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Lol I thought these arcs were officially like this from Gaji during all this time xD Story wise, this doesn't seem like Seju's arc, nor the first seems like Sumin's arc.

Based solely on these pictures, I'd say they symbolise the relationships between them more, rather than whose arc it is.
For example, in this arc, Seju looking away, while Sumin and Sungji looked at the same direction seemed to me that these two are on the same page, and Seju is the outsider.
So...this also means third arc might not be Sungji's too, but more balanced to the three characters instead of only one.

joined Mar 8, 2014

For example, in this arc, Seju looking away, while Sumin and Sungji looked at the same direction seemed to me that these two are on the same page, and Seju is the outsider.
So...this also means third arc might not be Sungji's too, but more balanced to the three characters instead of only one.

yeah but I still think there will be some revelation about Sungji. Besides she's the least developed of them all, I think it's time to show her inner thoughts.

joined Apr 27, 2016

IMO, I don't think next arc would be Sungji's, aswell as the other first two and honestly, to me, none of three arc hightlight any characters at all. It's like, the first arc is about how Sungji and Sumin begin their relationship and explain Seju x Sumin's past, it ended with why Sumin broke up with Seju(Seju cheated, full explaination), Seju met Sungji for the first time at Sumin's house, open a new phase, phase where Seju officially knew about Sungji x Sumin. The second arc totally focused on Sumin x Sungji's relationship, Seju was just a supporting character (an outsider), the whole breakdown thing of Seju happened near the end of second arc so I think the author want to open gate for the final one. I could only guess, the third arc, Sungji will show people how she's going to deal with the - not - so - fluffy - side - of - her - first - love and Seju will appear more, there are problems directly related to her need to solve, her father, the creepy man with her mother, her family and of course, our famous love triangle. But nah, that's all just guesses, and maybe the banners are just a random thing with no actual meaning behind :)

last edited at May 2, 2016 10:43AM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Is everyone reading the same chapter as I am today lol. Did I miss something? How did we skip to a proposal?! Lmfao...

joined Feb 4, 2016

I got the same reaction as you...lol
When I saw the fancy date and the ring I was like 0_0 lulwut. Need to wait for the trans to understand the context... maybe Sumin wants to open jewelry store lol....

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

What the heck? Definitely didn't see that coming...

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Team Gaji must be kidding us. So unexpected.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Why does Sungji drop tear at the end ? Don't tell me she'll reject Sumin's proposal !

To reply you must either login or sign up.