Forum › Posts by 9toenails

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

What's the point in letting your gf to work alone in your ex gf's company?

And driving the ex-gf to her office, which is the same office where her gf is working at. Such is the complication of Sumin's lyfe.

Btw, what did Seju reference to before she got hit by the pillow and smiled ? I am totally lost.

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

And she smiles hella alot, you can see in this particular chap, she's ALWAYS smiling.

Knowing her it's more like a facade. She's always been the one who smile a lot. Not sure if anyone noticed, or if I'm just imagining it myself, but it seems that Seju is crying when she's alone in her room (right before Sumin knocked on the door, there's teardrop on her cheek).

All in all, like what everyone feel, I'm also pretty happy with this chapter. Sumin and Sungji has the talk and being honest about it, this may be the first step for closure.

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

Lololol wth the three of them are under one roof now lol. It's a bit disturbing to see that out of everyone, Seju seemed so unfazed on the threat, as if her life is so invaluable... But the more disturbing is the brothers, who "bully" her to face death but won't kill her yet. They know she needs to be alive before the inheritance is distributed to not make father upset, so they can see the face value first and what's there for them. Which is even more awful.

Do you guys happen to know why rich people don't give their children their inheritance when they're still alive? Instead of telling Seju to go abroad to avoid being hurt by her bothers, why didn't he just distribute the inheritance to his children already; gives them something or nothing at all.

Simply because they're too rich, and by that, more things are at stake. And Seju family is not just the average rich people, but a freaking chaebol (Samsung, Hyundai, Lotte, etc). Imagine multiple companies and shareholders are involved, at the very least they would require lawyers, bunch of consultants (tax, accounting, etc.), just to make sure things are passed down smoothly. Combine that with the Korea culture that is a patriarchy like most Asian countries, you won't see Lee of Samsung or Kim from N. Korea passing down the ownership to anyone except the direct families.

Edit: so I think Seju father wants each of his kids get their share, but the issue is always the portion, hence the continued discussions right before he passed away.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 12:34PM

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

Ah, so the new chapter is postponed.

I was pretty curious when the short-haired girl gonna make a move, I was half expecting it to happen on ch 75. I think Seju would get killed. Just assumption though.

Then Sumin will mope. Going back to her depressing state. Sungji, being the caring and pure soul she is, accompany her thru thick and thin. Somehow, both of them sail thru the hardship, found solace in each other, heal their wounds, then live happily ever after without a third wheel. Fin.

(Please pardon my random blabbering, but that's one of the plot that come in my mind to call it a healing story)

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

Exactly! Im curious, if she so badly want to erase all of Seju in her life, why does she want to buy the house when seju's memory is all over the house?? It doesn't make sense. It will always be a house Seju bought for her.

two possibilities that are in my mind:
1- giving Seju a chance to do something by herself to move on.
2- Sumin herself is not ready/strong enough to cut Seju completely. the house is full of memories .. she won't insist on keeping it that much unless she is afraid of letting them go.

Nah. She's just being a selfish prick. She wants to cut Seju completely, even her name. Look at her dialogue, it's all self-centered and only involves her benefit. No consideration to other party.

The reason why she wants it is because Sungji wants to live with her in that house (Ch 73), where Sumin said "...there's something I need to take care of" >> the house ownership.

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

The other one is that Sumin actually explained why it almost happened and worked hard to earn forgiveness while Seju never did such thing.

I disagree. If my memories serve me right, Seju actually explained she was drunk and all. And if the 10 years of blind & dumb devotion don't count as "hard work" I don't know what is lol.

The only difference is that: one listened and accepted the apology, while the other did not. But they're two different individuals anyway, so it's not even comparable. Comparing Sumin and Sungji level of tolerance is pretty useless, you know who'll win anyway.

BTW: how fun is that Pporonge had never bitten Sumin? :P He cuddles to her with hearts floating above his cute little head

Interesting. And somehow I have this mental image in my mind that the dog will cower in fear if he's in front of Seju. Lmao.

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

Damn. I thought I could not be more upset at Sumin, but the last chapter just set the bar even lower. How could you just shamelessly asked for that ? Sure it's legal and all, but girl, please do have some EMPATHY and PRIDE.

So she wants to continue live in the house Seju bought, buy it to erase Seju name, because Sungji wants to live together in that house. Welp. I agree with Seju, she should just move out and start a new, if she does want a clean slate so badly. End of story.

She has been funded by her sugar momma for like a decade, stop being so whiny over a house name if you have any shame.

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

Random thinking, I don't know if it's just me but I keep thinking there is a probability that Dawoon will meet Seju or work in her office.This is obviously a wild assumption, but for some reason I keep thinking it's gonna happen.

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

Lol I noticed that too haha xD Maybe her desire for Sungji made them grow...

What an eye-opening and mind-boggling "desire theory" that I found. No wonder Seju got the biggest = she has the wildest & most extreme desire for Sumin. And Nami got the smallest = she managed her desire for Sumin & just be friend.

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

arronnguyen510
Interesting point, I always think Seju is the most developed out of the three. It's not easy to create a character that is consistently grey and you can't decipher her thoughts process. She's always been threading in the fine line between black and white, so you will either hate her or love her. To certain extent she reminds me of The Joker from Batman, and very plausibly she might have borderline psychopathy too.

Honestly given how the story and her character is going so far, it's already pretty darn amazing on how many people like her. I think her complexity is a double-edged sword in the story for Team Gaji, on one hand her existence keeps the drama going and add some spice in Sumin/Sungji dynamics, while on the other hand sometimes her existence/complexity unfortunately overshadow the main couple story in the series.

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

I kind of lost interest during the end of arc 2 and decided to continue again only recently, I have to say up to this point arc 1 feels the most solid.

But I am happy because Sumin x Sungji finally settle for good (it seems). Because let's be honest, it's clear as day they will rejoice, and Team Gaji just drag it way too long by adding unnecessary sub-plot along the way. Example: I still don't understand at what purpose Dawoon need to be thrown in the dynamics (other than for cliche reasons).

Having said that, I am still a tad bit upset with how TG handles Sungji, that girl deserves better development. Being confused with Dawoon, dumped her, missing Sumin, and then have sex within just few days with the ex, like wut ?? It feels more that Gaji can't make the characters have proper dialogue with each other to solve it in a sophisticated manner. Because the way they solve any conflict is to add another character into the mix as a trigger or a medium, ex: Nami with Seju/Sumin, Nami with Sungji/Sumin, and Dawoon with Sungji. It feels like the character do not know what they want or feel (or they persistently deny their feelings), and always need someone else to point it out for them or act as a trigger.

Dawoon feels so much like a filler, it is a good thing that she's very pretty and seems the most mature on top of having a good head on her shoulder, so it's bearable. Honestly, I would take her at any day compared to the unstable yet cute Sumin lol.

Ch 69: holy shit this is like pr0n lol. TG really makes the most out of the 69 number it seems. And do you guys see something strange ? Sumin boobs looks way bigger in this chapter. Did she inject some silicone in Japan during her moping period or sth ?

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

Who cares about the long wait, I am just so GLAD that the eng version is now being released at the same time :)))

Not sure who uttered those last words. Was it Sumin or Seju? Would be a little surprised if it was Seju.

Sumin.

I don't think so. I am like 99% sure it's Seju. The "I know" part is hers (from previous convo), as well as the "now I know". Remember that Seju was very surprised when Sumin drop the I love you word to her, because she was always under the impression that Sumin hated her. So it makes all the sense that she said "now I know", because she finally realized Sumin's true feelings to her.

She getting her hair cut short might means that Seju wants to drag Sumin to get back to their old days (back when she has her hair short, bringing back the first love vibe). Because now she knows Sumin still loves her.

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 11:10AM

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

Thank you, WDTFS readers. We all know how lucky we are to be working for WDTFS, and we want to make sure all our beloved readers know we appreciate you coming back every week to the site to read our manhwa. The third arc we are working on will be all about Sumin getting dumped, Sungji and Seju learning to love Nami. However, before Seju letting go of Sumin, we promise to be always working hard on disappointing and hurting Seju fans as much as possible until they fully agree to let Seju die alone. We are not going to introduce any new character as we have run out of hair colors. blah blah blah

For a moment I thought this was Newp's translation and it's real, until I read the Nami & Seju die alone part. But I already suffered miliseconds of false sympathy and my feelings almost elope to Seju, only to realize I've been trolled u_u

3rd arc will start on July 21st

Ah, I see. So they're coming back on July for new arc. For some reason I feel relieved and glad that it's the case, because I feel like I've been too invested in this manhwa. I would probably pick up a time later next month to read this manhwa again from the start in one go, because usually that enables me to see a different PoV.

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

Seju fans will empathize more on why Seju turned aggressive, and Sungji fans will empathize more on why Sungji had to be innocent and pretending that she knew nothing.

Then the people like me who support both is doomed, always double heartbreak T^T /wipeslonelytears/

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

Seju manipulated everyone, even her fans.

Imo, to say Seju manipulates her fans is bit of a stretch. Many are already fearing/anticipating that she would turn psycho as one of the most viable development, there are plenty clear indications of that throughout the story. But revealing it fully in a cheap and overused setting like this feels rather untasteful and cliche. This is most of the disappointment came from.

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

I feel stupid reading this chapter. Looks like it's the "surprising" plot twist that Team Gaji has been talking about. There are two kinds of surprise, good or bad, and this is the latter.

This is exactly one of the most cliche, dramatic, and soap-opera equivalent to bring together the conflict of the 3 characters. Honestly I've been fearing this kind of plot for quite some time, but when it's finally happening, I feel appaled it's actually going that way.

As someone who support both Sungji and Seju, not really caring about the pairing, this chapter completely ruins it for me.

Seju going on like this is an easy way for the writer to flip the story completely and shoot a new direction. She's just being positioned as the character that people would throw rocks at and help to elevate the drama of the main pairing. Boring.

Sungji confronting Seju like that over Sumin who sleep with Seju is just irrational. This is like you telling the ex of your partner that it's not what she thinks it is and that your partner is just confused (like wth) ? No one should indirectly defend a cheating partner like that, with excuse as lame as confused. Team Gaji disappoints me greatly with the way they portray Sungji here, she's being over accepting of Sumin's behaviour. I expect more from our Cinnamon Roll >(

And Sumin, idk what to say more other than this girl is in limbo, she does not know left or right, she needs to grow up and need to stop excusing herself for being a jerk and indecisive.

Sorry that's pretty long and my comment or choice of words might seem as a bit agressive/strong, but in all honesty, I am just disappointed.

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

Faylicia
Feels like haven't seen you for quite some time :)
Yes agree! Sungji could be a sexy Miko haha.

Sia ue
I would gladly volunteer to join the fans if that happen tbh ;)

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

So there is a meaning behind her behavior...

As far as my understanding of Sumin goes, I would say one shouldn't read too much into this.

I agree not too read too much on that. I think most of the time it's just her being more comfortable on top. There is also this kind of people that is just generally feeling uncomfortable of being touched (me included).

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

Another plot twist:
Seju is actually a transsexual and after Sumin leaves she will go like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=740TB17Dsn0

That will be the most wth plot twist ever lololol.

Or maybe Seju and Sumin should just be a monk and live in the mountain to repent for their sin and be bald together, while Sungji guide them to purity. That would be the ultimate healing story, everyone happy and healed, Team Gaji kill many birds with one stone.

last edited at May 29, 2016 5:52AM

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

Did not realize you mention the timing thing before, haven't really backtrack comments :)

It's an acceptable opinion that there would be no better timing. The only right timing is 10 years ago, and other than that it's just worse vs worse.

And unrelated, but I've been wondering, have any of you guys find this story "healing" so far ? Lol. Because as time goes on, it deviates more from it. Might be very interesting to ask Team Gaji what's his definition on "healing" is, if only the Q&A is still in.

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

Oliver & sia ue
Hey, entertaining myself is my coping mechanism to soothe my poor soul for being played by Team Gaji, don't judge! Haha.

Sumin's choice and the way she does things on the latest chapter is not the most favorable, but I think it's the most realistic at the moment: to cut any ties with Seju. I would say one step forward for Sumin, and two steps backward for Seju.

Yes, Sumin is egoistic. And yes, Sumin take Seju for granted. But she wants to move on, and I could not blame her for it. A person like Seju is an extreme, there is no in between. If you want to have a healthy dynamic with a person like that, it's either you take them fully or break anything with them for good.

I've been complaining about Sumin's actions so many times before, and even going as far as slapping her on my phone screen when she's being a douche with SejuxNami fiasco. But even then, I could understand her decision to wanting to cut ties with Seju and move on and find happiness, clean slate.

The only thing I regret is the timing and her apparent selfishness. She does this when she has Sungji and she knows Seju's father is dying. She cares more about herself and put more weight on how she wants to move on rather than the well-being of someone she loves, aka Seju. But the most annoying thing is I could not really blame her for wanting to move on.

Aghhh, why the timing has to be now of all times Sumin, why, why ? Sumin never fails to frustrate me.

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

Actually, I has had a theory for a long time that the mole guy is Seju's real father. Because there had a lot of hints:

I too, have had this slight feelings that the mole guy is Seju's real father.

And in regards to the DNA test (not sure about it anymore since the last time I learned about biology was back in high school, so take it with a grain of salt), Seju will still inherits the DNA of the "old father" even if her direct father is the moleguy. Afaik, DNA is inherited throughout your lineage, so if Seju's family tested it to prove whether she's part of the family or not, it would most likely generate a "yes", because the generation difference is not that far.

Oh my, when you think about it, everything about Seju is just so shady lol. She's been the tragedy queen even before being born!

last edited at May 27, 2016 8:33AM

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

sia ue

Haha, because Seju is way too depressing, so we need a bit of laughter to cleanse our poor soul !

Btw I read the comments again and many of you are discussing about Seju's smile. I actually always under the impression that Seju is generally more smiley compared to Sumin/Sungji, it's just that mostly it looks rather empty, out of context, or suggest a different meaning.

Also, not sure if anyone have noticed, but Seju have always had this specific gesture since the beginning: one or two hands wrapped around herself. Which, if you're interested in psychology or body language, might indicate insecurity or defensiveness (to protect herself). She did that also sometimes even when she's smiling. Not sure if Team Gaji associate her with that gesture on purpose or if it's just pure coincidence and me reading too much into things.

last edited at May 25, 2016 12:53PM

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

This story would be interesting to see what would happen after another 10 yearsfrom now. Like Sumin moving with Sungji away. And if she would never try to go back to Seju again in the distant future

Considering her bleak future, Seju is likely to be dead already by then. Let alone 10 years, at this point we couldn't even be sure if she's still gonna be alive in the next 10 days...lol.

At this point, we can't even be sure if Sumin is still going to be alive in the next 10 days either. Moleguy!

Damn, you are right lol. How could I forget about that moleguy lmao XD

last edited at May 25, 2016 11:02AM

9toenails
joined Feb 4, 2016

This story would be interesting to see what would happen after another 10 yearsfrom now. Like Sumin moving with Sungji away. And if she would never try to go back to Seju again in the distant future

Considering her bleak future, Seju is likely to be dead already by then. Let alone 10 years, at this point we couldn't even be sure if she's still gonna be alive in the next 10 days...lol.