Forum › Posts by Seeya

joined Mar 27, 2016

The last chapter I read was 'things have changed' after Sumin was caught cheating with Seju on Sungi. I hate the be one of those people... but I have no idea what chapter that was, I just read chapter 61 and I am completely lost. WHAT is going on and what chapter was that?!?!?! What the heckkkkkk.............?

So much for being resigned to complete predictability I guess?

last edited at Oct 26, 2016 7:59PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

So they decided to constantly crap on the most interesting character and use her solely to generate drama, making the destined couple of the story 1 dimensional and boring. I'm not even some 'it has to be Seju/Sumin' person, hearing that out of them is just incredibly... deflating? After the set up was so interesting.

last edited at Jul 16, 2016 1:27PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

Suzuma

Yeah, way too lazy to read the walls of text ya'll posted, so idk if anyone's with me. I'll try to keep my view short this time.

Personally, I'm still rooting really hard for Sumin and Seju being able to smoothly tie up those loose ends, mainly for 2 reasons:

1) Seju deserves this, despite those low blows she dished out in chapter 55. Idek why people suddenly went batshit at Seju after reading that. Compared to some shit I've seen happening in sitches like that, I even think she was still pretty tame. She just went and showed some teeth and claws to Sungji. She threatened her, showed her she ain't gonna give up that easy and she chose one of the most effective ways to do so. Showing Sungji that she still can get into Sumin's pants when she wants to obviously did a pretty good job at showing blondie she's still in that game. Seju might've intended to actually make Sungji break up with Sumin and get away from her (which Sungji might not do, judged by what she said at the end of the chapter) But at least she's managed to make a point that she's not to be taken lightly. How is it you guys can't understand that behavior? Don't tell me ya'll are that kind of goodie two shoes, who'd give up like a coward and go congratulate that other person if the one you love tells you they love you, but they also love someone else. Shit, if I were in that situation, I know I'd probly go grab that other person and have a really nasty heart to heart with them. I'd try to intimidate the shit outta them and make them understand that I won't give up until I played every card, even the hidden, unfair and ugly ones. Nothing is fair in love, people.
That all being said, I get Seju. I really do. And that's why I'm still on her side. And that's why I still support the idea of her getting a happy ending. With all the bullshit she's been through, she deserves this. Even if her getting back together with Sumin seems pretty impossible to me at that point, she at least deserves to not be dumped that cruelly.

2) It would be so refreshing. Seriously. Wouldn't it just be so refreshing to read an ending about people actually managing to talk things out and settle on something mutually and then move on with that instead of all that overdone drama crap we've all seen before, when one of the involved parties is turned into some sorta psycho and the other just gets some gushy lovey dovey ending that makes you wanna vomit? People manage to sit down and talk like that in real life all the time. Some of the strongest friendships I've seen until now have bloomed from people who dated once, ended up breaking up, but managed to have a heart to heart sometime afterward and went back/on to being friends. Seeing that happen in manga would just be awesome, imo. And I think WDTFS has the potential for that.

#Team HappyEndForSeju
#Team NoPsychoPinkPls
#Team NoBullshitSungji (Cause honestly, if she won't be beyond fucking pissed at Sumin after that stunt, I don't think I'll ever be able to have any kind of respect for her. Ever.)

I think seeing SuminxSeju would require higher caliber of writing and be a more memorable story than TeamBlond (especially if they make Seju 'evil' for the sake of that). Honestly speaking Seju has a lot of issues, but the fact that she's still somehow standing after everything that has happened to her is pretty insane in and of itself. People act like this is a character that hasn't gone through some shit since childhood and been tortured (in part of her own volition) by her ex lover for a decade, yet are quick to point out the tragedies that Sumin has gone through to justify her behavior.

The only 'saint' is Sunji, the least developed and least interesting character in the story ^^

last edited at Jun 13, 2016 1:16AM

joined Mar 27, 2016

I feel like we've spent a lot of time on other characters for this Seju arc XD I demand more Seju!

joined Mar 27, 2016

Oh yeah I totally meant 'I'm use to it" was there to inform us about much more than Sunji's current relationship ^^

Agreed that the story could resolve with all of them going their separate ways.

joined Mar 27, 2016

kami-sama

I actually think Sungji already have an idea what's happening. I guess she want to wait for Sumin to tell her. maybe out of respect also. the way she clenched her hands before she asked Sumin. if she wanted to tell her something. suggest that she want to find out but didn't cause it might upset Sumin. like she said. she just want to be with Sumin on that happy state/moment

They have used a lot of fist clenching shots in the past when a character is suffering deep internal turmoil over something that is happening. Every one of the main three has done it. Seju for instance had the exact same shot of her hands when Nami was in her office gloating about Sumin moving on from her.

In terms of development for Sunji, I think we might be starting to get some. How she replied to getting bitten by the cut dog "I'm use to it". That moment and reply could have been meant as metaphor for her relationship with Sumin (something that seems cute/adorable turns out to hurt her when she reaches out).

I think we have a long way to go... Sungji obviously means what she says in this chapter and feels that her current tactic is the best approach to staying with Sumin.

I wonder what 'the twist' in the story is. I honestly think could be as simple as Seju being in the story. The initial assumption that Chapter 1 sets up is that Seju is the present Girlfriend of Sumin and Sumin is feeling conflicted about being attracted to the new girl at the office, until the end of the chapter where it reveals that Seju and Sumin are in fact current Exs.

There have been plenty of twists to the story thus far, has the team commented on what the twist is? Is the basic premise divergent from most stories of this type?

last edited at Apr 29, 2016 1:41PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

I found this chapter very confusing to read, so not only did Sumin cheat on Sunji with Seju, she had been cheating on her the whole time with the brown haired girl? Or are all the images this chapter meant to be taken figuratively as an externalization of her memories and thoughts? And non-linear? The black text boxes are her own thoughts that are also sometimes representing how she views others viewing her?

So confused.

last edited at Apr 23, 2016 2:02PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

My intuition and read on recent events seemed pretty on point (Nami and Sumin having slept together/Sumin not trusting committing to Sunji and keeping her at arms length). ^^

Martian and everyone who might not see why they showed Nami/Sumin

The reason they showed Nami and Sumin sleeping together was to highlight the double standard to the reader, by the 'other woman" being the same woman (Nami) in both instances. If you think of the context of both instances, It's meant to really drive home the lopsided hurtful and selfish balance of power between Sumin and Seju. (not to say that it's completely on only one of them)

I've walked away from this chapter liking Nami more, actually. It might hurt more in the near term, but if her motives are indeed altruistic, it's for the best. She didn't even really sleep with Seju and still seemingly went through with her plan. Although maybe she did not intend the media leak?

Although that's just my opinion ^^

last edited at Apr 13, 2016 10:32PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

He's a little weird. Wasn't he the man that work of from having the dream of Seju by the window? A tad obsessive?

joined Mar 27, 2016

I am solidly Team Pink (Pink Rose?/ Seju Sumin?) so add me to the roster. I advocate that she is the (not so secret) center of the story. ^^

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 9:25PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

I do wonder if the relative shallowness of the relationship between Sumin and Sunji is intentional. Like it's being shown as such to help add tension to the Sumin/Sunji dynamic. I think we are about to see how much depth is really there, and how the Seju/Nami 'development (lie?) will make it grow (or not). Sumin really does keep Nami at arms length, even when she's going on vacation with her.

Although I am a very recent addition to the community I just wanted to iterate two things:

1) Reading your own takes on this story is invaluable to me and I enjoy the very (somewhat) referent and passive nature of you guys when it comes to discussing wdtfs.' Other communities (including the recent 'invasion' of a member long gone) seem to hyper focus on the ego-centric nature of conflict instead of showing maturity in considering the viewpoints of others. I've never seen such a nice group of people able to disagree and share, for that I thank you ^^

2) The team that creates this story are quite talented. Lesser story tellers would have merely had Seju sleep with Nami and moved on to the ramifications of that, but to show restraint and have Seju break down shows that they are truly nuanced masters of their craft. I haven't read any of their previous works, but I have found this story to be near perfection, haunting and energizing through its real, and purposefully authentic approach to human relations. A lot of quite good but not up to pare story tellers would have not even considered such an act. Even if Seju is a late term addition to the story I don't think anyone can deny that they seem to pay respect to her and consider the ramifications of what they have decided on for her as a character.

All that said

3) The people who say that Seju has never shown remorse have never had, and especially now so, a leg to stand on.

Seeya
Come discuss WDTFS with us more! I agree with you that this community feels more mature than others, because we try to respect people's opinion. Even though people here may disagree with each other's views, most of us are willing to read and interpret the posts, ponder-ate about them and judge them accordingly. Most of us are level headed, so a clean debate is possible. And the more opinions we have, the more is added to the discussion.

Azai

I am absolutely will. Though there are relatively few opportunities, mostly centered around new chapters being released ^^ Still though, you guys are great and I am happy to be sharing the journey of this story with you.

I am a little curious as to what the Seju hater would say about the recent chapter, shame she seems unwilling to moderate her tone for the sake of discussion.

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 9:16PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

More so than Seju's dependency, I think Nami is a little disgusted at her friend pathetically having it both ways for so long. She wants to force the situation to make her friend make a decision for once and for all. That's not to say that she thinks Seju is blameless. In fact her loyalties and quite clearly to Sumin, but after the last chapter I think she sees Seju in a bit of new light,

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 8:47PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

I wonder if Sumin really understands the depths of Seju when it comes to her regret for her actions and well as her love for her. I think that is a lot of ways she views what Seju does (saying she will wait until she dies, or buying her gifts) as antagonism and showmanship. If Seju could muster the strength to be strong enough to overcome her love of being steadfast in defeat, I think she could get through to Sumin.

A few chapers ago, we all were expletive that this team to try to demean our opinion of Seju, I think, in fact, they are trying to raise it. Whether that will be to come to terms, rejoinder, or to surpass, Sumin, remains to be seen.

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 8:33PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

Although I am a very recent addition to the community I just wanted to iterate two things:

1) Reading your own takes on this story is invaluable to me and I enjoy the very (somewhat) referent and passive nature of you guys when it comes to discussing wdtfs.' Other communities (including the recent 'invasion' of a member long gone) seem to hyper focus on the ego-centric nature of conflict instead of showing maturity in considering the viewpoints of others. I've never seen such a nice group of people able to disagree and share, for that I thank you ^^

2) The team that creates this story are quite talented. Lesser story tellers would have merely had Seju sleep with Nami and moved on to the ramifications of that, but to show restraint and have Seju break down shows that they are truly nuanced masters of their craft. I haven't read any of their previous works, but I have found this story to be near perfection, haunting and energizing through its real, and purposefully authentic approach to human relations. A lot of quite good but not up to pare story tellers would have not even considered such an act. Even if Seju is a late term addition to the story I don't think anyone can deny that they seem to pay respect to her and consider the ramifications of what they have decided on for her as a character.

All that said

3) The people who say that Seju has never shown remorse have never had, and especially now so, a leg to stand on.

last edited at Apr 6, 2016 8:25PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

I finally got the chance to sit down and read the latest chapter. I'm on the edge of my seat. I think that is the most direct that a chapter in wdtfs has ever been! Seju standing over Nami and smiling like that sure seems frightening by Nami played it right. I can't wait for the next issue!

I feel like Seju is someone you should always try to keep eye-level or stand above her, looking down. When she looks down at people I feel like she might just bore a hole through their soul.

Her outward expressions rarely match her internal emotions, during that scene I couldn't help but think she was completely livid.

I actually think that kind of expression or move that Seju just made last chapter suited her character really well. It feels like it's her real nature and she's just trying to suppress it from coming out and Nammi can be the only person who can pull that out from Seju. :>

KitKat101

When she was suddenly standing over Nami smiling as Nami was berating her? I'm not saying I disagree, since she seems to have suppressed herself one way or another her entire life, but could you explain a bit what you mean?

last edited at Apr 3, 2016 12:20PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

I finally got the chance to sit down and read the latest chapter. I'm on the edge of my seat. I think that is the most direct that a chapter in wdtfs has ever been! Seju standing over Nami and smiling like that sure seems frightening by Nami played it right. I can't wait for the next issue!

I feel like Seju is someone you should always try to keep eye-level or stand above her, looking down. When she looks down at people I feel like she might just bore a hole through their soul.

Her outward expressions rarely match her internal emotions, during that scene I couldn't help but think she was completely livid.

joined Mar 27, 2016

joined Mar 27, 2016

I don't know how long this story will be, but I get the feeling that this event will lead to the end game. This is the event that will seriously shake the status quo of the story as it has been this far.

Maybe sleeping with Nami will in one way or another lead Seju to find her fire.

Seju is a little disturbed, but not evil. Look at what her life has been like (growing up specifically) and you can see that she is someone that has had to endure a lot of emotional abuse. As a coping mechanism she seems to be somewhat passive, and will find any way to internally justify a situation to not be as bad as it seems. Her speech "Maybe it was decided this way for us from the start" is a clear example of this. She has not only been through a tremendous amount of torture from others but is also a victim of inflicting it on herself through not being able to let go or take the steps necessary to resolve her situations. She may be 'President' but you can see how meaningless that is in the face of her family politics, and that even as a grown woman she is basically trapped as a pawn. People shouldn't be too quick to judge her, especially given that Shumin has been quite cruel to her as well. No one in this story is perfect, and even so, Seju is far from the stories villain. She is in fact the most tragic character of the bunch.

As much as Seju doesn't get screen time in comparison to the others, this feels very much like her story. The person whom you would consider to be the central character, and the central conflict in the story is defined entirely by the girl with Pink hair.

last edited at Mar 31, 2016 1:21AM

joined Mar 27, 2016

Okay I'm a little lost in the discussion, first of all, except for Sungji who never did anything wrong, both Seju, Sumin and Nami can't be called saints in any way, but you can't call them evil either, morality is a lot of times a trap, because a lot of people think that things can only be right or wrong, but real life doesn't work like that, things are not black and white, what is right or wrong always depends on context, reasons, culture, opnions, but a lot of times things are both good and bad at the same time, so we can't simply say that Seju is wrong and we're done.

Now about Seju, I do agree that she talked with redhead fiance because in part she obviously wanted them to break up, but can we truly say what she did was wrong? Let's be frank, if Seju tried to tell Sumin that her girlfriend had a fiance, would she believe? I believe that she would not, If Seju tried to talk with readhead, would she break up with Sumin or her fiance? Taking in account the talk she had with Sumin she would want to have relationship with both, so she wouldn't break up just because Seju talked with her, Seju could have talked with Nami, true, but could she trust Nami? And would Sumin even believe Nami was serious? She might have suspected she got that information from Seju, which she would probably not believe anyway, also, another reason why we can't say what she did was wrong, if she did nothing, what would have happened? Sumin would have redhead as her girlfriend for who knows how long, until one day she found out that all this time not only she was cheating on her with a guy, but a guy who was her husband, sure redhead was cheating on both, but that won't change the fact that Sumin was the other one, Seju intentions were not completely good, I won't deny that, but we can't also say she said that just to ruin Sumin relationship, can we really say she didn't do that because eventually Sumin would get hut a lot more? Just because her intention was not completely good that doesn't mean what she did can't be seen as a good thing, it was better for Sumin to end that relationship at that time instead of hurting herself a lot more later.

As for Seju sleeping with Nami, sure they're doing to see what is Sumin reaction, but why is that a bad thing? No, seriously? Sumin has a girlfriend now, her relationship with Sungji seens to be stronger with each chapter, the reason Seju and Nami have might be questionable, but if that makes Sumin react, how is that their fault? Like I just said, Sumin as a girlfriend, she's on a relationship, it doesn't matter if Seju and Nami are her friend, she doesn't have any right to feel betrayed, hurt or anything just because they had sex, there's literally nothing to condemn Seju and Nami because they're not doing anything wrong, they're two adults who are not in a relationship with Sumin, they have the right to sleep with each other if they chose to do so, now if that really do affects Sumin, it's not Seju or Nami fault, it only shows that she still has some kind of feeling for Seju, why else would she react bad to the fact that they had sex? If Sumin has any bad reaction it will only prove what some suspect, that she still loves Seju and that maybe she doesn't love Sungji as much as some think, not to mention that after all those years they won't just sit down and talk, Nami idea might be the only thing they can do for Sumin to finally open her eyes that Seju might not be there for her forever and that they need to deal with their problems.

Now to this loyalty thing, like I just said above I don't see any reason to not stay loyal to Seju since she's not doing anything bad, but how can we judge Seju when Sumin also did a lot of shitty things to hurt her? You can't judge one without judging the other, this is a story about fucked up characters who did a lot of choices that are morally questionable, some that are wrong, but they're in the past, as far as we know Seju never did anything to other relationships Sumin had, her relationship with redhead was already wrong from the beginning, part of Seju reasons could have been wrong but what she did is not really wrong, but besides that what else Seju did that was bad? Nothing, same for she sleeping with Nami if that happens, now I what will happens next is another question, but unless Seju do something that outright try to cause problems to Sumin and Sungji relationship, no one here can say that she's doing anything bad, if anything, Nami might be the one doing something bad depending on how she tells Sumin that she slept with Seju, because she will possibly tell her in the worst way possible to get some kind of reaction, but in the end, even if her reasons are wrong, Seju didn't do anything wrong, so until she really do something, no one will convince me that Seju did something wrong.

But I do agree that Team Gaji seens to be making Seju look somewhat psycho, but even so, Seju never did anything wrong, if anything I think that can be a sign that Seju is getting desperate or stressed because she knows she might lose Sumin this time, but besides the issue of the redhead which we can argue how bad or good it was, she never did anything actively malicious against Sumin and her relationships, just because her intentions are not completely good that doesn't make her actions bad or wrong, just questionable at best, so until she really do something that is definitely to hurt Sumin we can't call her evil yet, buut of course we don't know what will happen later, she really didn't do anything we can really discuss about besides the redhead and now maybe sleep with Nami, but I do agree that she might try something more direct, then I do agree that it will be wrong.

As for Seju having sex with Nami, sorry, but at the moment that is the best for her, her psycho face makes obvious she's not well, if she's really becoming evil or just stressed is another thing, but if she have some hardcore hate sex with Nami I believe she might not look psycho anymore, I mean, when was last time that she had sex with Sumin? She must be pretty frustrated, Nami might really love Seju since she's interested in her for many years, so who knows, not the best way to start one of course, but this might be the start of their relationship, Seju hate didn't came out of nowhere, I think they will show why later, but that just shows that they know each other probably for some years, and even though she supposedly hates Nami she still has some contact with her, so I think that if she calm down after sleeping with her things will start to change.

I'm on Team Pink, always, because I can relate with Seju, but I do believe that Team Blue has it charm, and who knows, when everything is solved Team Blue and Team Blonde might mix up and give birth to Team Green, if someone gets what I mean.

And again, another unnecessarily long post, sorry... (T^T)

All of this is true. Everyone should give this a read. :P

joined Mar 27, 2016

I wouldn't surprise me. This story seems to be heading only towards a tragic end... :(

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 9:33PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

It absolutely looks like Seju is going for it. Even smiling.Using a glimer of hope against Seju is truly twisted. It remains to be seen in Nami is just using her 100%, as per the callback around when she was just introduced. There's only so much Seju can endure I think. Both in the sense of giving in to the current situation and the kind of damage it will do to her if she really is being played.

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 10:00PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

Ditto!

joined Mar 27, 2016

Sumin and Nami probably slept together at one point, since they were both the type to sleep around, plus gay friends could experiment with one another. if so, it'd most likely be a one night stand though.

But Sumin had plenty of other girls to sleep with, plus she had been with Seju since highschool. The time doesn't add up, and they really don't give off that vibe. Not every gay person sleeps with each other

True but I was thinking more so post the breakup.

last edited at Mar 29, 2016 2:17PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

The whole 'she just leaves some clothes here, I barely see her' and having a similar overall reaction to Sunji questioning her about Nami as she did when Sunji asked if 'President sometimes slept over' says it all imo. You're not in a relationship with another girl and asking if some other girl sleeps over sometimes if you're not meaning sex.

Am I the only one that wouldn't be surprised if two gay girls who are friends didn't experiment at some point?

last edited at Mar 29, 2016 12:06PM

joined Mar 27, 2016

I'm a little lost as to what has been going on with Seju playing at getting married, or the family politics on her side.

I don't think Nami has slept with Seju before, the way she talks and acts, it seems like it would be a first time conquest. I kind of get the impression that Nami is trying to be a wing man for her friend. She's trying to get Seju to sleep with her in part to maybe get Seju to help accept Sumin and Sunji being a thing. Nami called what was going on between Seju and Sumin 'disgusting' or something to that effect. I think its very possible that Nami never liked Seju and was protective of Sumin (or Nami and Seju also had a fling at some point, not that Nami hasn't also implied to have slep with Sumin if I'm remembering correctly).

As for warning signs, there just seems to be a decent amount of little things to show that Sumin and Sunji are very different people. A more recent example reacts in the most recent chapter, saying that Sunjui should stay away from from Nami, one of her friends. It just seems like there isn't really that much between them besides hormones and something comfortable. Sumin seems to not fully trust her or be able to relate to her (even taking into account the age gap).

Also I get a tone for the book that overall seems to be rather melancholy and detached. If Seju really was a late term addition to the story, I wonder if they had already scripted out Sumin and Sunji not working out (alternatively this late term addition could have altered the story radically, maybe they felt like there wasn't enough there for it to just be another slightly typical 'girl girl office romance' story). Happily ever after as an ending would not be what I would expect of this story, to be honest.

Seju seems like the only one who truly gets Sumin, but is too self loathing and passive to do what is necessary to win her back. I hold out some hope that the story resolves in Seju and Sumin getting back together with Seju being able to come out of her shell because of the danger of losing Sumin. Pairing Seju with Nami seems like it would be shoe horned and go against everything we've seen thus far with how dedicated Seju is to Sumin in her own way. They can't really pull the trigger on Sumin and Sunji without addressing Seju, but just leaving her unhappy and heart broken would be a weird tonal juxtaposition. Numb acceptance and moving on might fit with the disappointing air of the book which could be Nami's game plan.

Ships Seju/Sumin obviously there really isn't much to Sunji and the interest of the story all comes from the tension and history of the situation with Seju.

I apologize for revisiting a topic that has been discussed to death, I'm sure, but in my defense it is my second post ^^

last edited at Mar 29, 2016 11:39AM