Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Well, since today is when we have new chapter and Nya-chan is not here to make sadistic comments like some are asking for, I guess it's the perfect time to mention this other yuri webcomic from Lezhin, Vengeance, it's complete with 22 chapters, fan translation is on chapter 18, official english translation is on chapter 5, why mention it here? Well, the story is about the detective Seol-a trying to find who killed her lover No-rae Hara, obviously there's differences in the art style, but yes they do look like Seol-a and No-rae, so I hope everyone will enjoy this alternate universe where their relationship had a bad end \ ( * = * ) /

last edited at Feb 29, 2016 1:32AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@ffins07

I'm sorry I love your outburst so much hahaha. I was so tempted to quote all of them again, but I'll spare other readers' time to scroll through it (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

One thing I had to disagree though:

Plus, No-rae tends not to overanalyze things--or analyze things, period.

I myself think she does, like you said "over analyzing is a well worn path to indecision."
No-rae is someone who cares a lot. And for me, the only reason she can't make up her own mind is because of her over-analyzing. In No-rae's case, it's because she keeps going back and forth between two options in her mind. (maybe it's not called over-analyzing?)

No-rae: It feels like something is calmly settling down, but also unusually rising up...I get confused as to whether I'm happy or sad.
Seol-a: ...
Seol-a: There's no need to distinguish between happiness or sadness.
Seol-a: In short moments like these.
No-rae: ...Yeah. You're right.

(excerpt from Chapter 19)

What?? Of course this can be swept under the run. Things even more shocking can be swept under the rug.

Exactly. Sometimes I just wish people could learn to put themselves in other's shoes. It's shocking, it's unimaginable. But it fucking happens all the time. OT: Anyone's watching Boku dake ga Inai Machi? A girl got physically abused by a mother could still be brushed off the rug ¯_(ツ)_/¯

P.S. My day was almost tanked after a communication failure with a friend wherein I felt completely misunderstood and ultimately lost to withdrawal temporarily, so right now I'm extra sensitive to reactions and evaluations of these characters wherein the complainer doesn't appear to have considered a perspective other than his or her own. I'm fine with people complaining about their expectations for progression not being met, but--urggh. None of these reactions are surprising, but I still wish people weren't as stuck in their own perspectives as much as they are.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your day will get better tomorrow.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I hope that one of these days the chapter time skip takes us to them making out instead of skipping over them sleeping awkwardly two feet from each other. I was so looking forward/hoping for that.

last edited at Feb 29, 2016 1:41AM

joined Nov 18, 2015

OT: Anyone's watching Boku dake ga Inai Machi? A girl got physically abused by a mother could still be brushed off the rug ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I so love that anime ieeheh !
Can't wait for each episode to come out every week ^^

last edited at Feb 29, 2016 1:42AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@Thiaguinho-sama

Re: Vengeance
I'm sorry T-sama, but Vengeance's Seol-a is nothing like FF's Seol-a lol
And Vengeance vs FF is like Satan vs Angel lol
I'm not saying it's bad though lol I like it

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

eriri posted:
I so love that anime ieeheh !
Can't wait for each episode to come out every week ^^

ME TOO! It's the best show of the season (if not the year) alongside with Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu for me

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Tus-en takk thatanon !!!

Tumblr_nmf9ayqcct1splrm9o1_1280
joined Jan 26, 2015

"Let's come again next time, just the two of us, okay?" <-- hmm.... possible kiss in the future? ^^~

Thanks again Halmoni & thatanon, y'all da best!! <33

18%20-%20eternal%20flame
joined Jun 18, 2015

Well, since today is when we have new chapter and Nya-chan is not here to make sadistic comments like some are asking for, I guess it's the perfect time to mention this other yuri webcomic from Lezhin, Vengeance, it's complete with 22 chapters, fan translation is on chapter 18, official english translation is on chapter 5, why mention it here? Well, the story is about the detective Seol-a trying to find who killed her lover No-rae Hara, obviously there's differences in the art style, but yes they do look like Seol-a and No-rae, so I hope everyone will enjoy this alternate universe where their relationship had a bad end \ ( * = * ) /

I just read it, I didnt realize wile reading it it was samba.......its way dark. Bodys, magots, slit throwts, stalkers, and stabbings. But her parterner does look like the dude that took seol-a drinking.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@katfemale

I just read it, I didnt realize wile reading it it was samba

What? It's not Ssamba's

18%20-%20eternal%20flame
joined Jun 18, 2015

@katfemale

What? It's not Ssamba's

Good cuz its like deathnote dark. Its not bad, but in my mind I dont realate it to ff.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I gotta say Seol-a and No-rae's characters are so well developed by Ssamba, and they're continuing to grow more. That just opens a lot of ways for us to write 'believable' fanfics.

Why is no one writing anything? lol. I'm so interested in reading FF fanfics (rather than my own lame writing)

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

katfemale posted:

@katfemale

What? It's not Ssamba's

Good cuz its like deathnote dark. Its not bad, but in my mind I dont realate it to ff.

Yeah, like i said it's like Satan vs Angel lol

18%20-%20eternal%20flame
joined Jun 18, 2015

Sorry I suck at wrighting stories, thay all end up like my life, depressing!

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Count me in as another member of Team SlowBurn here (idk what to call the other side... Team GetOnWithIt? Team GetItOn? lol)

Some thoughts:

1. We the readers have the benefit of having an almost omniscient POV. But what seems sooo obvious to us may not actually be so from an individual character's POV.
  2. On the flipside, ssamba does leave a lot ambiguous/open to interpretation. But just because something isn't explicitly shown, doesn't mean it's not happening.
  3. Mutual attraction alone isn't a sufficient basis for a relationship. Both No-rae and Seol-a are developing some much-needed maturity which I think will make things a lot more happy and rewarding for them down the road.
  4. In line with #3, the characters have lives and personalities outside of the romantic storyline, and that's a good thing.
  5. The series is called fluttering feelings, not constantly escalating feelings. There will be highs like the almost-kiss followed by more relaxed chapters like this one. It's a risk of following something that's in a serialized format (and what makes it fun imo). If it's too much, put FF on a to-read list and come back when it's completed, you will honestly be a lot happier that way.

I wish I could just do what halmoni does and just be like "lol @ all the salt" but it feels like there's a higher than usual amount of complaining about the pace this week (I guess people got their hopes up due to the hiatus) which is a little disheartening to someone like me who comes here to read discussion/meta and be excited about the series. I don't want to be all "no negative opinions allowed" but at the same time the pacing argument has been rehashed so many times it's tiring... for those who are dissatisfied with the pace, do what NicLarkin suggested (but I'm saying this with complete sincerity not sarcasm), lower your expectations. Or channel your frustrated energy into drawing/writing the *ahem* action you want to see ;) This fandom could always use more fanworks.

Also wanted to say thanks @ffins07, I really look forward to/appreciate your analysis after every chapter.

18%20-%20eternal%20flame
joined Jun 18, 2015

Im team getiton/ slowburn / emotional masochism, every week I come hoping for OMG IT Happened, and realy enjoying the tease of ALMOST! So close mabie next chapter.
This is like my weekly toucher and I like it!

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@cipp
YES, count me in on #TeamSlowBurn

On the flipside, ssamba does leave a lot ambiguous/open to interpretation. But just because something isn't explicitly shown, doesn't mean it's not happening.

This "ambiguous/open to interpretation" style of Ssasmba is the best thing I could possibly praise about FF. Going to art galleries, while I do enjoy looking at art pieces with great techniques, the thing I love most is the discussion about the hidden meanings/influences behind some paintings... paintings that made you keep gazing at it and unable to stop pondering upon. Reading FF is like that for me.

I wish I could just do what halmoni does and just be like "lol @ all the salt" but it feels like there's a higher than usual amount of complaining about the pace this week (I guess people got their hopes up due to the hiatus) which is a little disheartening to someone like me who comes here to read discussion/meta and be excited about the series. I don't want to be all "no negative opinions allowed" but at the same time the pacing argument has been rehashed so many times it's tiring... for those who are dissatisfied with the pace, do what NicLarkin suggested (but I'm saying this with complete sincerity not sarcasm), lower your expectations. Or channel your frustrated energy into drawing/writing the *ahem* action you want to see ;) This fandom could always use more fanworks.

I'm so with you on this. I need a fandom full of maniacs like me haha

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

ieeheh

I gotta say Seol-a and No-rae's characters are so well developed by Ssamba, and they're continuing to grow more. That just opens a lot of ways for us to write 'believable' fanfics.

Why is no one writing anything? lol. I'm so interested in reading FF fanfics (rather than my own lame writing)

I think it's a little similar to the situation with kdrama fandom where there's hardly any fic. Western TV is generally plot-driven and so a lot of fanfic comes out of the need to explore/fill in characters and relationships in more depth that what's given in canon. Meanwhile, for kdramas which are generally more relationship-driven, that characterization is already there in canon, so 1) there's less of a drive to write in the first place, and 2) fic writers end up having a lot less wiggle room before running into OOC territory so it's actually harder to write good fic.

Of course, I'm not really involved in kdrama fandom, and I'm not a fic writer (though I've made some embarrassing attempts in the past) so perhaps none of the above is actually true haha.

NamelessPresence
joined Feb 14, 2016

Just going to leave this here.

Vs

Me

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

All you need are a pair of shades bruh they'll make you immune to all of the salty tears

tbh like you said, the "omg ff is so slow WHERE R THE CONFESSIONS AND THE KISSES SSAMBA PLS" complaint shows up at least once every week, so it's just something that I've learned to ignore. Yes, FF is slow; in other news, water is wet. Wowzers! I guess there are people who don't enjoy this slow slice-of-life pace, but even after 65 chapters they're expecting it to pick up and change somehow ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@NamelessPresence
Funny mate

@cipp I would say FF is quite different from Kdrama. For kdrama, everything's literally portrayed on screen, it's romance focused anyway. There's really no need for fanfics. But if you look at kpop, holy cow lol. As long as there's a need to explore the possibilities of the canon relationships, fanfics come, it doesnt matter if its western or eastern though. Usually it's after the fans are so familiar/invested with the character/personality but there are not enough "actions" yet.
I'm pretty sure many members of this fandom are at that point already. Please direct your energy into writing fanfics haha

@halmoni

I guess there are people who don't enjoy this slow slice-of-life pace, but even after 65 chapters they're expecting it to pick up and change somehow ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I always thought of FF as a josei slice-of-life story. Just naming the genre already gave me a warm feeling lol

last edited at Feb 29, 2016 3:55AM

joined Aug 29, 2015

I don't think complaining at this point is "just for sake of complaining" or being salty with the pacing.. Chapter 65. we re already in chapter 65. And No-rae and Seol-a are still on the friend-zone stage. The heck? Isn't FF only slated for 100 chapters? The story's momentum is up. down, up, down. I don't know. It seems that Ssamba can't keep the tension building. There were so many times. It felt like Seol-a will confess already and then on the next chapter. It seems all the momentum and tension that was build up is already lost. It's all good if FF will be for 200 chapters. But we're way pass the half of the manwha the story just keep running in circles. It's like their relationship stop progressing for about 20 chapters. like there's more filler chapters than story progression chapters. cause personally I don't want FF to come to the point where our two heroine could offer more story content (than the teasing and flirting) but can't anymore because of the remaining limited chapters.

Anyway, I don' t think we should argue about the pacing of FF. But just enjoy it. while respecting each other's opinion.

last edited at Feb 29, 2016 6:49AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Was hard to get into the new chapter getting "No-Rae us doing poorly academically and has no goals in life"-blindsided before progressing from the handholding.

e: I'm not complaining about the pacing. I've been cool with that from the start. It's more about leaving off and then not continuing from where the cliffhanger left off. Where did Seol-a sleep that night? Does she have her own room?

last edited at Feb 29, 2016 8:44AM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

FF is my favorite manhwa (one of my favorites Yuri stories) and No-Rae and Seol-A are like my favorite yuri characters, just because some of us (like me) complain about it sometimes doesnt mean we dont like it or dont enjoy the pace. But we cant like everything, I guess. I liked chapter 65, I liked reading about No-Rae's future and I grinned at the hand holding. But the tension built up the last chapters and chapter 65 wasnt on par, it kind lost it. Doesnt mean that it cant happen something in chapter 66 that will pick up the tension again, but I guess its normal for some of us to feel a little dissapointed.

Plus, like someone already said, we have passed half of the story, and I fear that its going to go in circles. I complain because I want the best for one of my favorite yuri stories. Or actually, one of my favorite love stories.

Though, Im actually happier to find a lot of people here (and in other places) that dont share my opinion, haha. A lot of you dont mind.

And, at the end of the day, we all love FF, At least here. :D (except Nya-chan)

18%20-%20eternal%20flame
joined Jun 18, 2015

Im team getiton/ slowburn / emotional masochism, every week I come hoping for OMG IT Happened, and realy enjoying the tease of ALMOST! So close mabie next chapter.
This is like my weekly toucher and I like it!

And the sadist in me really really likes seing other people tourchered aswell. So complain away I engoy it!

To reply you must either login or sign up.