Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

NamelessPresence
joined Feb 14, 2016

Edited ver.
No, you're right. I definitely dont think they are back to square one, they are progressing, but since they were about to kiss before, and then we had No-Rae sing and play that song for Seol-A, I was kinda wishing something more similar to those events. Idk how to explain it, I guess I just liked that kind of tension between and wanted more of it, it maked easier to expect them to explode because the tension was building up. The hand holding is probably something better for No-Rae though, unless she indeed too dense (I really hope not). Im just a little scared that its going to annoy every reader out there (if takes toooo long)

I don't think they are back at square one. I think the progression will go another route but as you said, the tension had built up and I think we expected more direct progress.

However as others have said, Seol-A is determined but is that enough to push No Rae through? I don't think so. A third person will be the catalyst, they have been plenty of alone opportunities in which they are always close; physically and emotionally but we are still yet to see that they both say or verbally hint something.

Still, I'm not saying I'm unhappy with this chapter. Just concerned I guess

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

There were a lot of words I didn't know this time especially when Hee-jin talks, which is why this took a while and there's so many untranslated ???? parts. But here's a not-translation (REALLY rough, take everything with a heap of salt) until halmoni posts a proper one (which will probably be really soon lol). At least I'm kind of learning new vocab...

No-rae: What?! Then I can't graduate?
Hee-jin: It's not all about filling up your grades (??) hon. Graduating early in 7 semesters like you were thinking is definitely impossible with your grades now.
N: Then I... why did I even enroll in the summer semester...

H: (???) You were trying to dig on frozen ground~

Seol-a: What are you guys doing?
S: Eat some strawberries, ahjumma gave us some.
H: Strawberries!!

S: No-rae, eat some strawberries. No-rae..?
S: What's up with her?
H: Leave her be~ She's having a mental collapse.
S: Eh?

S: Why all of a sudden?
H: She's like that because she can't graduate like she wanted to, I guess.
H: Her goal was quite (?????).
strawberries are good strawberries are good

homemade food is the best after all
daddy, auntie's being weird

(can't decipher the bit where they're playing videogames)

H: Ah, it's been a really long time since I've been here.
H: (?????)

S: So-seol oppa seems like he's really caring.
H: There's a big (age) gap between them.

H: So-seol oppa practically raised No-rae. His personality is originally like that too.
S?: The two of them are really alike...
H: It might seem like that looking at them right now, but it's not necessarily the case.
H: Oppa and Geu-rim unnie are very clever (??) but that No-rae just coasts along...
S?: Hm...

H: Did she ever tell you. (????)
H: (???? something about grades lol)

S: I also didn't think about that at all...
H: Ey.. she's just a cute dope (???)

S: Even so, No-rae worked really hard this semester... her grades were really that poor?

H: If she does well she does REALLY well but she's inconsistent.
H: In her second year she totally messed up her grades because of dating.

S: .......
H: What?

S: No-rae dating... you know about it too.
H: Of course. There's some things she doesn't know about me, but there's isn't anything I don't know about her.
S: Ah..

H (thought bubble): 'Ah' my ass. This person (????)
H: Well, it's not to that degree...

H: But at least I would know that much. She and I have known each other for ages!

S: The two of you must be really close.
H: Yup. It's almost gross ke
H: She went to school in Seoul because of me, though she didn't have much ambition in school.

H: Kim No-rae is totally my ?????
S: Really?
H: Do you think so? kkkkk

S: The two of them have the same lame sense of humor...

So-seol: You don't want to go to school anymore?
N: No, it's not that... but it's just a little... the tuition is no joke, and I've already spent too much time.
S: It's not like you played during your time off. You did a "working holiday" and you worked hard at your part time job.
N: Even so...

S: No-rae, what you do want to do after you graduate?
N: Me? Um..

S: Geu-rim seems like she wants to build up her career in that direction.
H: Mm. Yeah...

S: No-rae.

S: There's no need to rush.
N: ......

S: There's always unknowns no matter what.
S: Look. There's no sand that isn't swept by the waves.

S: Do things your way. Leisurely and flexibly.
S: There's no need to feel bad because you can't follow the same path as others.
N: Oppa....

N: Oppa always takes my side. You know that right?

S: Now she's smiling.

N: I miss unnie.
S: She said she's coming back next summer.

she better buy a ton of presents kkk
are you a kid kkkkk

(skipping handwriting again)

N: You're not hungry?
S: Not really. Let's just grab dinner on the way back.

S: .....

S: I didn't know Gyeong-ju's (the name of the place they're at) ocean was so beautiful.
N: ...the ocean is the same everywhere..

N: Uh..?

S: Next time let's come here, just the two of us?
N: ....

N: Mm..

last edited at Feb 28, 2016 11:16AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

NamelessPresence posted:
I guess I'm just concerned that No Rae won't have the guts to reciprocate and that could drive Seol-A to think this is one sided.

Yeah, I really want to see No-rae act as well. But if it keeps progressing like how it's been, I have a feeling Seol-a will be the one who does all the work.

NamelessPresence
joined Feb 14, 2016

Yeah, I really want to see No-rae act as well. But if it keeps progressing like how it's been, I have a feeling Seol-a will be the one who does all the work.

And that's never good. I want No Rae to initiate and not be so reactionary.

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

Agreed. I believe Seol-a did more than enough to show how she feels and No-rae is just not ready yet. When she'll be ready I believe she'll go for it and make the final move herself since she supposedly already knows how Seol-a feels.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Thanks @cipp for your efforts. It helps :)

S: Next time let's come here, just the two of us?

"Just the two of us"....
Seol-a is the queen of my heart

joined Feb 28, 2016

Yup, time to really lower my expectations for the chapters ahead, i hate feeling like this after each new chapte.

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

ssamba note:
I'm very thankful to everyone who left supportive comments last week.
If you've already been caught by the cold virus, please rest and eat well.
Even though not getting a cold in the first place would be best... ㅠㅠ

and the current top 2 comments :
qkqhdanddl: ..so how did the two of them sleep last night
mmgoo: oppa: "no-rae what do you want to do after you graduate?" no-rae: "I want to marry Seol-a" (instead of getting a job lol)

last edited at Feb 28, 2016 11:36AM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

mmgoo: oppa: "no-rae what do you want to do after you graduate?" no-rae: "I want to marry Seol-a"

I totally support this, and I'd die if No-rae really said that xD

Next time let's come here, just the two of us?

They're like couples but they're not (yet). Seol-A's basically asking No-rae out on a beach date lol.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

mmgoo: oppa: "no-rae what do you want to do after you graduate?" no-rae: "I want to marry Seol-a" (instead of getting a job lol)

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

"Just the two of us"

Korrasami....

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Love big brother! So understanding of his little sister. If only all big brothers were this cool.
Norae has a great support system, great family, which in turn will make her an wonderful understanding person. I think she'll be an awesome wife/ partner for Seola.

last edited at Feb 28, 2016 12:06PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Me too. It would be very different if it was actually No-Rae doing it instead of Seol-A

joined Oct 31, 2013

"Just the two of us"

Korrasami....

Just what I thought!!!

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

cry moar salty tears - http://pastebin.com/Q9VcB8YW

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if their relationship progressed without a confession. That's the sort of vibe I'm getting from Seol-a, anyways.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

halmoni posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if their relationship progressed without a confession. That's the sort of vibe I'm getting from Seol-a, anyways.

You're a goddess in human form.
Thank you!

Quelana_trophy
joined Jan 19, 2016

Personally think they've both realized their mutual feelings for each other and a vocal confession isn't really necessary anymore. Though I do think it will eventually happen because that seems to be Ssamba's style (for example, they left whether or not No-rae realized her feelings for Seol-a ambiguous until after the first home-arc when we got actual thought-dialog confirming it).

Course I could still be wrong and they dont actually realize their mutual feelings for each other but hey...I won't even be mad, Ssamba. Guessing and interpreting is a huge chunk of the reason why I enjoy reading FF so much. I know a lot people hate it (especially if you're used to yuribait KyoAni crap) but I absolutely love how ambiguous this story can get sometimes. It's super fun lol

Also, I don't actually think this is it, but if the reason why No-rae doesn't want to officially start dating is because of school and graduation, then I honestly don't blame her lol Taking a bunch of senior-level courses and dating at the same time sounds rough, man.

A'ight back to lurking

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

hoo boy I got some things pretty backwards >__> (just realized I messed up 네/내 again which is why I thought So-seol's line was No-rae's... shakes head @ self)

Thanks for the translation halmoni!

last edited at Feb 28, 2016 1:21PM

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

@quelana personally I'm leaning towards not (having realized it's mutual). But like you said it's really ambiguous haha. I feel like Seol-a won't push any further for the time being though, I agree with halmoni that there probably won't be a confession (at least not from her end, and not anytime soon).

Like ffins07 wrote earlier, Seol-a's showing No-rae that she's there for her (and will continue to be there for her in the future, which I felt was the purpose of the line about coming back together to the beach next time). Hopefully this will help No-rae work towards overcoming whatever doubts she has left.

I wonder what ssamba's purpose (from a storytelling POV) for delaying No-rae's graduation is though... I think someone else mentioned the possibility of creating another dramatic situation around Seol-a's graduation time?

last edited at Feb 28, 2016 1:22PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Is it really chapter 65? It more likes chapter 30s. Sorry, but I really didn't feel fluttered seeing them holding hands anymore.

I wonder if Ssamba always thought that if Seola and Norae became all lovey-dovey, the reader would drop the series or something. It must be that, She must have thought like that. That's why, that's why.

Hope the same thing won't happen to WDTFS. If in the next chapter Sumin and Sungji's relationship goes back to just being co-workers, I will die from disappointment. I can't accept that even, of course, I'm in the Pink team.

last edited at Feb 28, 2016 4:44PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Alextasha posted:

"Just the two of us"

Korrasami....

HA HA

joined Oct 31, 2013

Alextasha posted:

"Just the two of us"

Korrasami....

HA HA

That scene WAS the beginning of Korrasami's relationship and it won't be the first "Easter egg" in FF, like the Shakespeare quote from when No-rae realized how she feels.

What does it mean~ maybe their relationship really does kind of start now~

Anyway after this chapter I don't think they realized it's mutual yet, but I do think Seol-a isn't planning to give up anytime soon. Eventually either they'll just end up making out or No-rae will see the light and confess the shit out of Seol-a (does that sentence even making any sense? -.-)

last edited at Feb 28, 2016 2:05PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Ch60:

Ch61:

Ch62:

Ch63:

Ch64:

Ch65:

I think my masochist self is happy with the past 5 chapters. I have no complain.

Nya-chan where are you? i need to feel more pain

last edited at Feb 28, 2016 3:19PM

Korrasami-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-30972763-500-326
joined Aug 22, 2014

@-@ I have to stop reading FF at work... I keep screaming "Seol-a kiss No-Rae already!!!", "Just get married already!" And "NOOOO!!!!!! Need more chapters out!!!!" Causing every customer in my store to look at me with deep concern.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

Thanks for the translation!!!! I'm not expecting anything anymore from this series, as long as it comes out every sunday I'm happy! If you expect every week that nothing will happen in FF, your expectations will always be met! AND you'll always be pleasantly surprised at the small things.

To reply you must either login or sign up.