Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

joined Jan 21, 2015

I'll try to explain without spoiling the entire thing... There are two possible endings. One is a bad end on the lesbian romance front, but the main mystery plot is solved in the best possible way. In the other one, the two main girls stay together, but a huge sacrifice is necessary for that to happen.
I haven't decided which one I wanted to keep for my version of canon yet. I chose option 1, but in retrospect it hurts too much.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I'll try to explain without spoiling the entire thing... There are two possible endings. One is a bad end on the lesbian romance front, but the main mystery plot is solved in the best possible way. In the other one, the two main girls stay together, but a huge sacrifice is necessary for that to happen.
I haven't decided which one I wanted to keep for my version of canon yet. I chose option 1, but in retrospect it hurts too much.

Bah, who cares for the plot xD What's the sacrifice? I won't be playing it through either way, don't have the patience for these kinds of games with lots of choices. If you don't want to type it out here, that's okay too.

joined Jan 21, 2015

All right, here's the details then haha. Your two choices: 1) sacrifice your best friend by going back in time and letting her die, which will fix everything for plot-related reasons; 2) let a tornado destroy your hometown, but you and your best friend survive and get into her car and drive off together. Ending 1 has a kiss, ending 2 doesn't, but their feelings don't change between the two scenes. And honestly after everything that happened it's obvious that they will hook up shortly afterwards.

I'll also note that episode 5 as a whole was pretty fucking gay. I would've laughed at a few scenes if I hadn't been so terrified about what was to come.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, don't use spoiler tags and then try not to spoil anything.

Edot: Alright thanks. :) Tornado it is.

last edited at Oct 20, 2015 4:56PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

All right, here's the details then haha. Your two choices: 1) sacrifice your best friend by going back in time and letting her die, which will fix everything for plot-related reasons; 2) let a tornado destroy your hometown, but you and your best friend survive and get into her car and drive off together. Ending 1 has a kiss, ending 2 doesn't, but their feelings don't change between the two scenes. And honestly after everything that happened it's obvious that they will hook up shortly afterwards.

I'll also note that episode 5 as a whole was pretty fucking gay. I would've laughed at a few scenes if I hadn't been so terrified about what was to come.

I'm guessing they didn't kiss in the second one because Chloe/Max survives, and if it's been blatant on previous occasions that they're gay for each other then yeah. Though it still would've been nice. Also a tornado destroying a town isn't that big a deal, people can rebuild :P Unless you know, a lot of people die.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Soo... they get to kiss but one of them has to die. Is this some 1980s shit or something? Sacrifice that dude Wallace or whatever, instead lol.

last edited at Oct 20, 2015 5:28PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Yeah, don't use spoiler tags and then try not to spoil anything.

Sorry! I have trouble figuring out how much people want to know sometimes, depending on whether or not they want to check out the thing themselves. But that's what spoiler bars are for I guess.

I'm guessing they didn't kiss in the second one because Chloe/Max survives, and if it's been blatant on previous occasions that they're gay for each other then yeah. Though it still would've been nice. Also a tornado destroying a town isn't that big a deal, people can rebuild :P Unless you know, a lot of people die.

There's actually a sequence where you're in town as the tornado approaches and judging from the level of destruction even before it actually reaches the town, I think the implication is that it will be razed to the ground and very few people will survive. Many events throughout the game imply that it's the apocalypse on the scale of a small town in Oregon. So you basically have to sacrifice a few thousand people for one person. Don't get me wrong, I would do many things to get two girls together in a story, but it does kind of hurt a little.

joined Mar 25, 2013

There's actually a sequence where you're in town as the tornado approaches and judging from the level of destruction even before it actually reaches the town, I think the implication is that it will be razed to the ground and very few people will survive. Many events throughout the game imply that it's the apocalypse on the scale of a small town in Oregon. So you basically have to sacrifice a few thousand people for one person. Don't get me wrong, I would do many things to get two girls together in a story, but it does kind of hurt a little.

That's another thing altogether then. Now I'm having doubts about whether or not they'd stay together, considering the guilt that would eat at them. In both cases it's bad huh? That's a little bit of a shame. My headcanon now is that everyone in the town was a serial murderer. Yep. All is good! Jokes aside though, there is no way for them to warn the people? Or is that the route where her best friend dies? Because she warns people?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I don't even know those people so it's like, fuck'em.

joined Jan 21, 2015

That's another thing altogether then. Now I'm having doubts about whether or not they'd stay together, considering the guilt that would eat at them.

There's also the fact that unless the threats are over after the tornado, it might be a Final Destination-like situation where the universe will keep going after Chloe because she was supposed to die back then. Fun times ahead!

Jokes aside though, there is no way for them to warn the people? Or is that the route where her best friend dies? Because she warns people?

No, the best friend has to die because she was the one who caused the main character to get her time-rewinding powers in the first place (to save her from getting shot by a mentally unstable guy). And by the time you have to make the choice, you've emotionally exhausted yourself by going back in time again and again to save your best friend because the universe really wants her dead. You can't go back again.

My headcanon now is that everyone in the town was a serial murderer. Yep. All is good!

Only one of them is officially a serial killer, but headcanon away!

I don't even know those people so it's like, fuck'em.

That's what I try to tell myself. Not-dead lesbians > town full of people, obviously. That would make up for all the dead lesbians in movies since the 1920s.

joined Dec 7, 2013

That's what I try to tell myself. Not-dead lesbians > town full of people, obviously. That would make up for all the dead lesbians in movies since the 1920s.

Yeah but then you have to let Kate die and Kate is best girl and is Max's true waifu.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Yeah but then you have to let Kate die and Kate is best girl and is Max's true waifu.

Well, the "sacrifice Chloe" ending leaves the door open for that if you're so inclined. Or Max/Victoria, Max/Alyssa or any other ship I guess. I wonder how the bullying situation resolves itself in that ending though.

joined Mar 25, 2013

There's also the fact that unless the threats are over after the tornado, it might be a Final Destination-like situation where the universe will keep going after Chloe because she was supposed to die back then. Fun times ahead!

That would be too obvious. It would be more interesting if they're not constantly trying to outrun the Dahaka (get it?) and instead they're forced to think about the choices they made. Not to say that they can't think about them if that happens but they take a secondary role when trying to save yourself.

Jokes aside though, there is no way for them to warn the people? Or is that the route where her best friend dies? Because she warns people?

No, the best friend has to die because she was the one who caused the main character to get her time-rewinding powers in the first place (to save her from getting shot by a mentally unstable guy). And by the time you have to make the choice, you've emotionally exhausted yourself by going back in time again and again to save your best friend because the universe really wants her dead. You can't go back again.

That sucks.

If she was, then she would've been the one besides her and not Chloe right ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

joined Dec 7, 2013

If she was, then she would've been the one besides her and not Chloe right ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Chloe is, as one poster on /u/ eloquently put it, an angel sent from lesbian-heaven to open Max up to the gay, but then has to depart and Kate claims her waifu.

in my headcanon

last edited at Oct 20, 2015 7:15PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Chloe is, as one poster on /u/ eloquently put it, an angel sent from lesbian-heaven to open Max up to the gay, but then has to depart and Kate claims her waifu.

in my headcanon

I respect your headcanon so I shall not impeach any further if you agree not to impeach on my own.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Apparently some people are pretty annoyed about how half-done the save chloe ending was.

It's almost Mass Effect 3 in shit-storm quality lol.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Odd this is being discussed here instead of the video games thread, but who am I to question the ineffable nature of the universe?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Odd this is being discussed here instead of the video games thread, but who am I to question the ineffable nature of the universe?

This thread is just cooler.

Btw thanks for all the info.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Because its yuri in other media? Video games are media too :p

joined Mar 25, 2013

Has anyone watched Tick Tock (2000)? I got curious because of the poster and checked the tags on imdb, and there are the lesbianism lesbian kiss and bisexual tag on there and I'm wondering about it.

Also @Rye is that Kagura from Gintama? I don't recognize the other girl.

joined Jan 21, 2015

I debated posting my initial comment in the video game thread, but the only recent comment I saw was "Fuck Life is Strange" and I wasn't about to get into that argument (because I sort of understand why people are upset), so I thought it would be weird to post about the same game while completely ignoring the angry comment.

I guess in my mind the video game thread is more about gaming in general, while this one specifically discusses f/f relationships in video games/TV shows/anything that isn't anime and manga?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is no big deal, seriously. I was just remarking on it being unexpected, not making prescriptions.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Is no big deal, seriously. I was just remarking on it being unexpected, not making prescriptions.

The discussion did last for an entire page! I got a bit carried away with my explanations.

So I don't stray off topic again, here's another recommendation: I recently watched the first season of Survivor's Remorse. The main character's sister is a lesbian and she's unapologetically promiscuous, constantly ogling or hitting on women. This type of character would usually be depicted as creepy and gross, but she's sympathetic and well-developed (and really funny). My description doesn't do her justice. Plus, the show itself is fun.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^It wasn't off topic, that's what this thread is for.

while this one specifically discusses f/f relationships in video games/TV shows/anything that isn't anime and manga?

Basically this.

last edited at Oct 21, 2015 11:38AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Also @Rye is that Kagura from Gintama? I don't recognize the other girl.

Yep, the other girl is Soyo(the shogun's little sister). I was going to use a Kyubei x Otae avatar but Kagura and Soyo slept on the same bed futon on one of the recent episodes so....yeah. No it's not a big deal, it was mostly for a joke but Soyo looked so happy!

Now this is off-topic!

last edited at Oct 22, 2015 12:51AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.