Forum › More yuri Visual Novels (or other games) on Steam?

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

Might I recommend 'Loren The Amazon Princess' off the 'Hella Yuri' list? That's one of my go to games when I'm feeling down. It's an RPG, but it uses Ren'Py and the mechanics are light enough that it feels close to a VN. It's not 100% yuri. You can pick your character's gender and also choose het and yaoi routes. It's quite fanservice-y but in a universal way (men and women get the same treatment) that I found almost sweet. It had me giggling rather than cringing, though of course, your mileage may vary. There are happy endings pretty much all over if you're worried about that.

The main reason I love it is that there are few characters I've enjoyed being as much as Elenor. She's the vulnerable party in most relationships, yet stubborn and prideful. I especially liked her romance with the older love interest, Karen. I believe the dev hosts a free demo on their website if you're unsure about what you're getting into.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Hmm, seems worth checking out. Thanks for the tip!

joined Jan 11, 2015

Has anyone read The Sad Story of Emmeline Burns? I'm kinda worried about reading it, after Asphyxia... I'm wondering if it has any of the same things I disliked about Asphyxia, like the het and alcohol and smoking etc.?

Yes, I like my yuri "pure", so what? =ω=

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

Emmeline Burns is far gentler and 'purer' than Asphyxia, but so are most things. You should have a much easier time with it.

EDIT: to answer your question more accurately, there's no het, alcohol or smoking that I recall in Emmeline Burns. A pity, I'd make every fictional character drink and smoke if I could.

last edited at Jun 2, 2016 9:55AM

joined Jan 11, 2015

I'll check it out then, thanks a bunch for the info!

Also, please don't do that. The purer the better~♪
If you want unpure, just look out the window. ;D

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Sakura Fantasy is starting on pretty high note. I mean, what can beat this as third choice of the game? Love how MC is obviously gay.

EDIT/ Oh yea, you need to be able to overlook the armors' "usefulness" though.

last edited at Jul 1, 2016 9:22PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

The lack of ppl mentioning Sakura Dungeon is oddly surprising.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rina posted:

The lack of ppl mentioning Sakura Dungeon is oddly surprising.

It looks promising and if Sakura Fantasy is any indicator it should be pretty good. Sadly steam was evil this week and put literally 90% of my wishlist on sale, so since Dungeon was only 10% off I had to pass on it this time.

last edited at Jul 1, 2016 9:49PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Didn't get very far into Sakura Dungeon. It's pretty boring.

joined Jan 11, 2015

I finished Sakura Dungeon the other day. I kind of liked it. The gameplay is extrememy monotonous, but I can deal with that. I'm a completionist, and I like exploring.

As for the yuri part, well, it's overflowing with it. Everyone's promiscuous as fuuuuck though, so if you dislike that, you may want to stay away (especially from the 18+ patch).

To reply you must either login or sign up.