Forum › More yuri Visual Novels (or other games) on Steam?

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

I was wondering if I had missed any of the currently available Yuri Visual Novels/Games on Steam.

I've played through

Kindred Spirits on the Roof
Starlight Vega
A Little Lily Princess

(all of which I highly recommend to anyone who hasn't tried them yet), and I found three others from a single developer, called

Asphyxia
Strawberry Vinegar
The Sad Story of Emmeline Burns

that all appear to be Yuri themed, although I havn't played them yet. Anyone know of any others?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Here you have a (hopefully) up to date list of all games on steam containing any amount of yuri.

joined Jan 11, 2015

Ohh, that's great! Thanks!

As an update, I just started Strawberry Vinegar, and like 10 minutes in, a sexy demon woman reaped my soul... The player character is a 9 y/o little girl... The world's a cruel place... =ω=;

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

[...] I just started Strawberry Vinegar, and like 10 minutes in, a sexy demon woman reaped my soul...

What relief, it was "reaped"

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ropponmatsu posted:

Ohh, that's great! Thanks!

The player character is a 9 y/o little girl... The world's a cruel place... =ω=;

Oh wow. She is 9? She looked young in the trailer but I didn't think she was that young.

joined Jan 11, 2015

She's got her act together more than me, and I'm soon 30, so I don't know how I should feel about that... ;x

Edit:
Also, playing/reading this VN when you're hungry is total torture...

last edited at May 29, 2016 12:42AM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Heh, I played Strawberry Vinegar... and also got killed by the demoness. Need to pick up the game again.

And I recommend The Sad Story of Emmeline Burns. Is a kinda short kinetic novel (No choices). But the art is beautiful and the story and writing are fantastic.
To be honest, it make me cry... not only misty eyes. Was amazing.

Also, you might want to check the other Hanako Games besides A Little Lily Princess.

Black Closet.
Lots of mystery solving, conspirancy and lesbians. And traitors.

Long Live the Queen also have lesbian options... if you can survive long enough. Which I can't. But, guess that other people will not be as me, absolutly useless in playing the game. >_<

And Magical Diary has two yuri routes. I just loved Ellen, the nerdy roommate.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Sakura Fantasy even if I am the only living soul that ever read it.

Writing carries this one, lesser novels would have been a snooze fest considering the things they actually do are super mundane when observed from the fourth wall.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ratte posted:

Writing carries this one, lesser novels would have been a snooze fest considering the things they actually do are super mundane when observed from the fourth wall.

I have it on my wishlist since Hella Yuri said it has some yuri content but not actual route so I wasn't sure yet.

rincewind posted:

It just went on 50% sale so I'm going to get it. When it is like 1 yuri route and rest is het, I don't feel like it is worth buying but with routes amount more or less equal or a lot of content it doesn't feel so bad.

last edited at May 30, 2016 2:47PM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Everyone wants Reilins vagoo, I wouldn't hardly call it "some yuri content".

Only out of place love interest is the village girl that makes out with her because Reilin is full of honey bee harem nectar.

Lewd patch is a must, very hot.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ratte posted:

Everyone wants Reilins vagoo, I wouldn't hardly call it "some yuri content".

Only out of place love interest is the village girl that makes out with her because Reilin is full of honey bee harem nectar.

Lewd patch is a must, very hot.

Hella Yuri says "Female protagonist, lots of shiny fanservice shots and girls kissing."

So how much yuri there actually is in it?

joined Jan 8, 2016

Lewd patch should restore three sex scenes with Gwynne, Ardena and Keira.

Edit: One tentacle-girl rape scene too, optional of course, most hentai scene and never brought up again anyway. Her boss who we never see is probably another one who will want Raelin. Ch. 2 when?

The worst you can fault it that it's insensetive but at best it's clumsy and sincere like Sono Hanabira, the yuri feeling that is.

last edited at May 30, 2016 3:18PM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Ratte posted:

I have it on my wishlist since Hella Yuri said it has some yuri content but not actual route so I wasn't sure yet.

rincewind posted:

It just went on 50% sale so I'm going to get it. When it is like 1 yuri route and rest is het, I don't feel like it is worth buying but with routes amount more or less equal or a lot of content it doesn't feel so bad.

I'm also not fond of the lone yuri route.
Magical Diary is just at the limit for me to consider buying, But as plus the gameplay is kinda neat, with the dungeon exams where you can try different solutions with the different spells.

And for Sakura Fantasy... I started to play. I stopped playing after the first scene with the instructor, I need to pick up again, someday. I played too litle to give a real opinion.

joined Jan 11, 2015

I just finished all the routes of Strawberry Vinegar. I really liked it, and it's very cute and heartwarming, depending on your choices of course... getting 100% of the routes and CGs meant I had to be a total frigid bitch at times... Didn't feel very good... But such are the woes of the completionist~ * dramatic gesture *

last edited at May 31, 2016 6:12AM

joined Jan 11, 2015

I just finished one route of Asphyxia (yes, I'm on a roll, I know).

While it is a well-written story about teen angst and clinical depression, it is rather short/lacking in resolution.
More than that, however, I was caught off guard by the, I suppose, realism of the story.
There is alcohol and vomiting, cigarettes, non-virgins (het), and implied het rape. For a story about girls in their mid-teens, it was a lot more than I'd bargained for.

If you're not as sensitive as me about the things mentioned above, and enjoy the Aaaaaangst tag, it might be worth a look. However if you like your stories cute and with an uplifting resolution, like me, then stay the hell away from it. x)

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

That's why I haven't played yet Asphyxia. I do not mind aaaaangst and suffering and despair (I just played A Little Lily Princess after all!) but what I do like is happy endings. I want the heroine earning her happy ending.

And while I'm a bit completionist, I'm not really serious about it. I never completed Magical Diary, because I have zero interest in the male routes. And I think that will remains like that. =P

joined Jan 11, 2015

I very strongly recommend Starlight Vega, if you havn't tried it yet. It has three really strong main routes/girls, and one shorter, but still statisfying harem ending. I loved it to bits. Melody's route was so romantic it gave me butterlies~♪

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Starlight Vega is wonderful. Melody route is also my absolute favorite. Was so cute and beautiful. Plenty of great and romantic moments!!

The only bad thing is that seeing Melody suffer made playing the other routes hard.

And I still has to reach the harem ending.

joined Aug 16, 2014

I just finished one route of Asphyxia (yes, I'm on a roll, I know).

While it is a well-written story about teen angst and clinical depression, it is rather short/lacking in resolution.

On Asphyxia's note, I wouldn't recommend it, specifically because of that. While the stiffness and lack of drive is indeed an appropriate representation of depression, it makes for a poor VN. I played through all (but one, I believe) routes, and it feels like your choices don't matter at all. MC starts and ends the story in mostly (or absolutely, it's been some time) the same. I was also very disappointed for not being able to sex Lady Byron.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

none posted:

MC starts and ends the story in mostly (or absolutely, it's been some time) the same.

You can choose which character MC will be complaining to about how she didn't get together with love of her life.

last edited at May 31, 2016 1:33PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

I kinda need to rinse my palate with after being suckerpunched by Asphyxia, and then being murdered in horrible ways in Long Live The Queen for a few hours today...

Now to find something so saccharine it makes my head pop into confetti of lilies... =ω=

joined Aug 16, 2014

Now to find something so saccharine it makes my head pop into confetti of lilies... =ω=

Something like this, mayhaps?

joined Jan 11, 2015

Yes, that one's great, but I've read it. T^T

I think I've read most stuff on this site that isn't het, or doujins related to things I'm not familiar with.
Then again, I'm not familiar with Love Live, Aikatsu, or Idolmaster... so I guess that's 50% of the site... ;D

joined Aug 16, 2014

You'll probably still puke rainbows re-reading tho.

joined Jan 11, 2015

MFW Reading stuff by Yonurime.

The new Touhou doujin also had that effect...

last edited at May 31, 2016 2:13PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.