Forum › Sweet Room discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

You see, Tsubasa went to buy some food, something that doesn't take too much time. And when she returns, Honoka cries tears of joy. But it isn't simple joy, it's scales to passion, even adoration (look at the hearts at Honoka's eyes). So think for a moment: is there any creature that haven't any sense of time, sleeps when it haven't anything to do and, for last, cries tears of joy and jump over its beloved (adored) person when it's back at home?

More like forced admiration, to me it's much that Honoka is always chained and locked up in the appartement and is very dependent on Tsubasa coming. Don't misinterpret the tears for being joy that her beloved come back but more than the one who can feed her is coming. Plus Honoka is not a dog, she is a human person. Not to mention, with what we see in the end with the police and such (special mention to Tsubasa's friend who is a huge idiot to not call the police on her). Tsubasa said Honoka is here from her own will but that's seem more a case of Stockolm Syndrom to me. If she was really here from her own free will then why be afraid of the police ?

last edited at Mar 10, 2020 1:49PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

屋森8/13/2015 12:22

実はリボンの端を穂乃果ちゃん自ら握っているとこがポイントです

The point is honoka holding one end of the ribbon herself. <<< approximate translation.
That's Yamori's comment on pixiv, about the cover. Guess really Honoka's own willing from this, and belt on her foot with no lock. But also possible stockholm syndrome.

Love tsubahono, but cannot understand this one prefectly.

I noticed the ribbon thing right away, because it reminded me of the red string connecting the two lovers that we see so often in manga imagery. But here it is a red ribbon used in a BDSM context, one end held by Tsubasa and the other by Honoka.

There is also the chain and the belt on Honoka's ankle, which, as people have already pointed out, presents no obstacle whatsoever. Some tried to argue that the chain not being a problem does not matter if the doors and windows are locked, but we see exactly zero doors or windows (let alone them being locked and bolted) in the doujin itself, so this is pure speculation on the part of the readers.

And lastly, there are Erena and Anju, who explicitly know about Tsubasa and Honoka's circumstances and have not called the police yet. This is something that literally nobody (except for Lilli up there, but he missed the implications entirely) brought up in this thread. If Tsubasa was a crazy yandere who literally kidnapped Honoka, why would Erena and Anju even know about it? What would compel a crazy Tsubasa to confide in her friends?
The whole point would be to have Honoka all to herself and not allow anyone to come between them. To confide in others is to directly jeopardise this. Them knowing makes no sense, at least in the yandere scenario.

"Quit screwing around." "What an idiot..." "Just what is that girl thinking? ...and Kousaka Honoka too..."
These are not reactions of people whose friend is a maniac committing a serious crime. Far more likely, they are reactions to a friend (together with her lover, that last sentence pretty much spells it out) being a reckless moron.

I read it as a BDSM play that had gone too far, in the sense that both of them got wrapped up in it to the point they stopped thinking clearly and just do not want the play to end.

Plus Honoka is not a dog, she is a human person.

You do know that roleplay is part of BDSM, right? Yuribolt's explanation actually fits perfectly.

Now, granted, with the creepy expression Tsubasa sports at the end, and the fact nothing is openly stated, merely implied, this could still be viewed as kidnapping and Stockholm Syndrome. But with the imagery used on the cover, the fact the author explicitly pointed out to it, and the various implications scattered about, I just do not buy the yandere explanation.

last edited at Sep 16, 2020 1:54PM

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Nice.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

We've all noticed the creepiness, but it's also entirely without a backstory. Like, how the hell did Honoka end up like that?

To reply you must either login or sign up.