Forum › To You a Hundred Years from Now discussion

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Finally a doujin about Marisa becomes a magican but they still managed to make it depressing. Why don't you just make a MariAli but still it was kinda nice.

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

Depressing...but the ending was kinda hopeful?

Ttkls2
joined Aug 13, 2013

I couldn't hold my tears

joined Jan 11, 2016

It is depressing to me at first too.
But it become gentle and soft afterward.
This book make me like Reimu(Whispering
Stargazer pulls me into remari by the way

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

Depressing...but the ending was kinda hopeful?

Yeah, it ended off with a tone like: "I will see you again, until then. " Which is nice to leave it at.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

Hope enma-sama will reincernate reimu so they will together again *sob *sob

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

M-my heart... It hurts...

545be4200a30c5abe156ef8a90933007
joined Dec 1, 2017

First time i cried with a doujin, and so much....

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

It's not bad. Not sure if it was too-direct translations or original phrasing but wording seemed a bit awkward. This one is unique for letting Marisa become a magician. Unexpected but welcome addition of other Gensokyo residents besides the main couple.

Don't really have any more thoughts. They're not my favorite pairing but this was well-written. And every character was undeniably themselves, which can't be said of every doujin. I'm not sure if this Marisa and Reimu fit my head canon, but I respect them as the extensions of canon that the author envisioned. It's always interesting seeing what people imagine of future Gensokyo. Would Gensokyo be more boring? Would the immortal residents not be able to forget their past companions? I don't know, but it's so easy in Touhou to touch on loss.

I will say that becoming immortal as a result of feeling lonely seems like a shitty solution. I know what it's intended to mean here, as a desire for Reimu to look at her, but one can easily look to Mokou to see what immortality can do. Plus Marisa's interest in immortality seems to be more out of curiosity, as fitting of a good magician, than emotional distress, but whatever.

I give satisfying-ending props to the author for name dropping the title at the very end.

Good%20version%20white
joined Jan 27, 2019

I really like the tribute that Marisa had to the time she enjoyed with Reimu with the fake incidents.

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

cries

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

so sad, this is one of my favorite doujins ever

Emksz5tuyaupjuem
joined Apr 18, 2023

i cried

joined Aug 28, 2023

Reimu should've become a vampire. Would have been cool to see how things would turn out that way and more importantly it wouldn't have to be this sad

last edited at Sep 23, 2023 11:26AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.