Forum › Goddess and Devil Book discussion

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

God-damnit, I wish I had my own Devil.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

God-damnit, I wish I had my own Devil.

You and me both. As long as they're this adorable.

last edited at Oct 5, 2015 11:32PM

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Is this series any good? Also I've always had a thing for toothy characters... (//O/w/O//)
Hehehehe and angels being with devils Hahahaha ! Haruhi Suzumiya, Miso Kanabe fromlucky star (my spelling sucks I know) etc ....

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

which precure is this from? I've not watched the last.. er 2? - seasons but have seen all the others - i noticed there was also some kinda spin-off but it didn't sound like i'd like it much.

last edited at Oct 6, 2015 6:01AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

which precure is this from? I've not watched the last 2-3 seasons but have seen all the others.

This one's the currently airing season, Go! Princess Precure. It's got plenty of delightful subtext moments and there's a good consistency in the battle animation so far.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

which precure is this from? I've not watched the last 2-3 seasons but have seen all the others.

This one's the currently airing season, Go! Princess Precure. It's got plenty of delightful subtext moments and there's a good consistency in the battle animation so far.

Thanks :) Your comment makes me want to give it a try! I remember why I was put off giving this one a try - the name and description - the main character wants to become a princess right - i.e get married to a prince - and got some key off a prince when she was a kid. So there's a prince featured prominantly and maybe het romance developments? Ugghh..

It reminds me of those 2 precure seasons - forget names - where the 'fairies' or whatever you call them were princes' - coco and nuts? and spent most of their time in human form and the main chr and another cure had crushes / fancied them.

I felt that really spoiled what precure was meant to be - all about a group of girls - their own strength and friendships and working together etc - and obviously imagining potential yuri parings :) NOT some show with them mooning over guys.

That said, would this new season annoy me for the same reason?

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

The prince shows up in less than 5 episodes.
There isn't any hint that Haruka might be in love with him, much less the rest of them (one of them is his sister).
All the girls love Haruka.
Haruka shows admiration for the other girls stronger than for the prince.
I don't remember they even talking about marriage.
Actually the image of princess in the anime is to be "kind, beautiful and strong".
Expect really yuri from Precure makes no sense. But if you want to use goggles or just see strong friendship between girls, I think Princess Precure is the best one for that so far. Happiness Charge is the worst.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The prince shows up in less than 5 episodes.
There isn't any hint that Haruka might be in love with him, much less the rest of them (one of them is his sister).
All the girls love Haruka.
Haruka shows admiration for the other girls stronger than for the prince.
I don't remember they even talking about marriage.
Actually the image of princess in the anime is to be "kind, beautiful and strong".
Expect really yuri from Precure makes no sense. But if you want to use goggles or just see strong friendship between girls, I think Princess Precure is the best one for that so far. Happiness Charge is the worst.

Thanks for the info - gonna go start watching it then :)

Yeah Happiness totally put me off it in the first ep - didn't even watch any more of it - which is quite impressive lol!
The characters and setting just looked naff - and I was hoping the 10th anniversary season would be really good :( Though I guess I didn't give it much chance.. The season prior to it - doki doki - was great.

And of-course I don't expect any actual yuri to ever show up in precure - unless they do a spin off show for older demographic or something. But there have been plenty of pairings over the shows who were especially close and easy to ship - like honoka & nagisa etc - without needing much in the way of goggles :)

last edited at Oct 7, 2015 12:43PM

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Thanks for the info - gonna go start watching it then :)

Yeah Happiness totally put me off it in the first ep - didn't even watch any more of it - which is quite impressive lol!
The characters and setting just looked naff - and I was hoping the 10th anniversary season would be really good :( Though I guess I didn't give it much chance.. The season prior to it - doki doki - was great.

And of-course I don't expect any actual yuri to ever show up in precure - unless they do a spin off show for older demographic or something. But there have been plenty of pairings over the shows who were especially close and easy to ship - like honoka & nagisa etc - without needing much in the way of goggles :)

Happiness Charge was still pretty good. Just not from a yuri perspective. it always depends on what you look for. Yes!Pretty Cure 5 was amazing but had no yuri. Suite PreCure was just as amazing but had barely any het.. Honoka&Nagisa had both great moments for yuri and great moments for het. Being ambiguous about the relationships is simply the best way to please the most people. Go! Princess PreCure will most likely go this way as well. Giving a possible male love intrest to every character while implying yuri in most cases.

To reply you must either login or sign up.