Forum › Sakura no Sono discussion

Rin
joined Apr 1, 2014

I don't get the ending can someone please explain?

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

I don't get the ending can someone please explain?

Liz died and life moves on. The girls learn to accept and embrace the fact that they are one and the same with the guardians as they grow up to become mothers themselves. Its sort of left up to the imagination, but I'm assuming Sakura's child (named after Liz) was born from when Sakura and Liz presumably had sex (the brief plot of Sakura getting her period kinda confirms this imo. plus the bittersweet "if only" end card of the three of them all together). I'll be honest I've no idea who Kikuchi is, but my only safe guess is that she's another fungus-child born from the mother guardian tree that Youko-chan eventually adopts..

last edited at Jan 26, 2016 11:59PM

My Neighbor Momiji
Cc14807591971a476eef84c6a8b71c6e
joined Jan 12, 2016

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sakura_no_sono_ch15#9

Kikuchi is the director. Which makes sense with the teacher calling them a fool at the end. I'm guessing they're actually incredibly old since we know surface world had all sorts of body changing medicine? Still, very bittersweet ending, but it was a fun read.

last edited at Jan 27, 2016 12:43AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Hmmm I wish there was 1 more chapter to help explain more things (the director's sudden age change, more about the history of the guardians, THE FRICKEN SENSEI), but I enjoyed this crazy wild ride. Definitely never read anything like this before.

Ugh all the unanswered questions about who and what the sensei actually is are gonna bother me for the rest of my life sigh.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sakura_no_sono_ch15#9

Kikuchi is the director. Which makes sense with the teacher calling them a fool at the end. I'm guessing they're actually incredibly old since we know surface world had all sorts of body changing medicine? Still, very bittersweet ending, but it was a fun read.

Ah. Right. I totally forgot his name. That makes for a way better conclusion knowing that, tbh.

67baf6ae9865138df746371ac0aef8a8d392a976
joined Apr 24, 2015

Because of the drugs from the surface, all of the males appear much younger than they really are. Sensei has been in there for quite a long time, possibly hundreds of years and has been an overseer to those girls for a very long time. Kikuchi/Director somehow underwent so much shock after what happened (I guess it was from Sensei's beatings offscreen? Idk) that his true form was shown; as an old man with the mind of a child. Youko and Sakura are adults at the end, and Liz is Sakura's daughter who most likely came from the original Liz while Youko has been taking care of Kikuchi/Director. Just like Minmin's death, they all cope with it and move on. But they're all stuck down there now and the surface must really be screwed over if they can't get any more suitable mothers from underground. And since they're just humanoid Guardians, it won't be long until Youko and Sakura pass away. The origin of the Guardians and the reason both of the genders have been separated is beyond me, but that's my view of the ending.

The yuri died with Minmin. Not too sure why I kept reading.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Morbid curiosity?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

In some ways i guess a precursor to Gakkou Gurashi!?

joined Feb 9, 2021

Cross-dressing, Het, What the fuck am I reading?, Subtext, Tragedy, Violence, Yaoi,
parade of the worst tags

Images%20-%202021-11-08t101159.077
joined Nov 27, 2016

You know its a good series when people are still mad at it after all these years, i'm happy we have stories like these that explore sexuality and gender in such an experimental and interesting way. its why i like yuri and yuri-adjacent manga so much

last edited at Apr 5, 2022 12:47PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.