Forum › Beautiful Pain extra discussion

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

... What's the mother here for? She got the somehow-tragic mood of the main story completely ruined.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

... What's the mother here for? She got the somehow-tragic mood of the main story completely ruined.

Yea, using her here was... odd.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I think the key here is that the extra was run in a different magazine(both Winter 2008, no less!), rather than being newly publishes in the tankoubon. Since it's a one-shot sequel to a one-shot that was published at about the same time, I don't think Sayuri-hime's editors would've accepted it without an independent plot. That said, I think in a way it's the perfect sequel: what we see is basically telling us that the happy ending of the main story was a happily ever after.

joined Jul 31, 2014

Suspicious mother.
Haha....this is cute.

Gah1
joined May 25, 2015

Leaving too soon

joined Apr 12, 2015

Lmao. The heck.

joined May 25, 2020

happy to see them happy

joined May 23, 2015

I'm almost tempted to say that this extra changes the mother's "arranged marriage" in the prequel from "just high society things" to "I need to get my daughter away from this filthy child my husband made".
Which doesn't change too much, though in a twisted way she cares for her ("real") daughter, I guess..? Still shouldn't split them apart though, tsk!
Considering how it's suggested that her black haired daughter got herself run over to stay with her sister.. I don't think that marriage would've succeeded either way.

To reply you must either login or sign up.