Forum › Chirizokonai no Hiraeth discussion

joined May 10, 2021

2) Kinka totally does die from the train, and Kazura thinks that the curse has been lifted, and goes to off herself -- and then once they're both dead, the reset happens.

This would be quite good. Funny and dark.
Now we wait for Kinka's backstory.
Thanks for the chapter, it was damn great, as usual!

joined Mar 25, 2019

It makes me really happy that multiple people read Yuhki Kamatani's manga because I recommended it here :D That series is one of the rare ones I've sought out physical copies of to have displayed on my bookshelf because it means so much to me.

Here's hoping this manga can be half as good? The second chapter only establishing "this wasn't a one time quirk" is a little disappointing though, of course it wasn't a one time quirk or we wouldn't have a story, we just learned something we'd assume to be true already. Aren't there more interesting questions you could focus on with this story author-san?

what in hell is that even supposed to mean?
like did you learn up until now in life that what you find interesting ain’t the same for others?

Yes, I am aware that there's plenty of people out there with minimal to no standards for fiction who would be happy with a chapter that's just spinning the plot's wheels, congratulations on being one of them if that's you. However, I am entitled to have my own more complex preferences that are different from (and superior to) yours, such as not wanting a story's pacing to stall out as early as chapter two.

This newest chapter was better. There's something that feels very off about the pacing but I suspect that's intentional, as they're deliberately attempting to speedrun finding closure to lifelong hangups. The talk of "lingering attachments" feels like they're thinking of themselves as ghosts even, which is fascinating.

adjusts glasses
"Heh, nothing personal kid my tastes are just too complex for you"

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

This story is so interesting O_O..
I would never thought of how this turns out!

joined Mar 6, 2021

Forecasting timmeeee, my predictions:
a) Kinka won't be able to die now. Probably because Kazura throws herself on the train track and dies with her.
b) They won't be able to die ever, because Kazura first is in love with Otome, but will then be in love with Kinka.
c) Kazura will fall in love first (duh).
d) Kinka's motive is work related but quite probably not social. If it involves another person at all, it is either romantic (based on page 140, chap 4), and then probably a woman, or family-related. But I think these two topics, love and family, have already been explored with Kazura, so I'll stick with my prediction that it's non-social.
e) Yamayashi (Kinka's work friend) is not an important character and, if we see here again, it will be for a single conversation and probably because Kazura initiates it.
f) Otome was unhappy and angry when she got her first boyfriend because... she wanted to pressure him to buy her all kinds of stuff. But he didn't cave in. So she tried the same thing with Kazura, who accepted it and that's why Otome says she might even fall in love with her (because she's willing to do what her boyfriend wouldn't).

Aara
joined Jun 11, 2024

It makes me really happy that multiple people read Yuhki Kamatani's manga because I recommended it here :D That series is one of the rare ones I've sought out physical copies of to have displayed on my bookshelf because it means so much to me.

Here's hoping this manga can be half as good? The second chapter only establishing "this wasn't a one time quirk" is a little disappointing though, of course it wasn't a one time quirk or we wouldn't have a story, we just learned something we'd assume to be true already. Aren't there more interesting questions you could focus on with this story author-san?

what in hell is that even supposed to mean?
like did you learn up until now in life that what you find interesting ain’t the same for others?

Yes, I am aware that there's plenty of people out there with minimal to no standards for fiction who would be happy with a chapter that's just spinning the plot's wheels, congratulations on being one of them if that's you. However, I am entitled to have my own more complex preferences that are different from (and superior to) yours, such as not wanting a story's pacing to stall out as early as chapter two.

This newest chapter was better. There's something that feels very off about the pacing but I suspect that's intentional, as they're deliberately attempting to speedrun finding closure to lifelong hangups. The talk of "lingering attachments" feels like they're thinking of themselves as ghosts even, which is fascinating.

Here to speak as someone who preferred the atmosphere and pacing in the first chapter to the one in the latest. Nah, I think suicide is an interesting enough topic in itself. Conversely, I think the third chapter got a bit too grounded in real-life dramas and resolutions for my tastes, if that makes any sense. But that is my own preference and we always need diversity in readership. I'm most happy when characters mull over existence without necessarily resolving their real-life issues. Because everything we do originates from a long succession of causes extending way back into the past, and fixing things quickly (i.e. identifiable plot developments in a scripted manga) ain't how it works. I like it when the authors linger on that complexity without necessarily making the characters work past it. Rings a bit false to me.

My problem with chapter two wasn't the subject matter, but rather the focus: the entire chapter was dedicated to them testing to see if their survival was a fluke by just reenacting chapter one. They're asking a question that has two possible answers and one of which instantly ends the story of this comic, so we can basically assume the correct answer (it's not a fluke, they'll keep looping) without spending so much page time on the test. Meanwhile we still don't know much of anything whatsoever about one of our main characters outside her suicidal feelings. We learn in chapter 3 that she's got a bunch of money saved because "I have nothing to spend it on" but that's pretty light on revelations or characterization, and then the chapter ends at what feels like should be the middle of the chapter, where they finally start talking about the feelings they've been trying to solve by acting blindly.

Sometimes authors choose a slow pace on purpose to create tension or depth. Personally, I think that the second chapter was necessary to show that their survival was not just an accident, but something significant. Yes, it could have been done faster, but maybe the author wants us to really feel the whole situation. I also noticed some weirdness with the pacing in the third chapter, but I liked how they started talking about their feelings. At the end of the day, I think the manga moves at its own pace and that's part of its unique charm. All these little details create atmosphere and I love it

To reply you must either login or sign up.