Forum › Genshin Impact!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm really enjoying Genshin, if they add Inazuma and it's as big or bigger than the previous two ...boy... It's gonna be really hard for me to stop playing hahaha like literally they would need to make a really stupid decision to ruin the game at this point (but still...increase the resins recharge rate already -.-)

Yeah the tower defense is a lot of fun, these are the kind of things you would wish they could stay even when the event ends...I would rather break my head thinking about the perfect composition than dealing with the Fatui in abyss (I haven't tried again the abyss!) if they increase the difficulty... IT IS difficult if you don't increase your turrets to the max lvl available!

Damn I wish I could accidentally get Keqing too XP she's so cool!!

Edit: I said is really hard for me to abandon this game but I must admit, I was really close to get sick of dailies after getting Diluc when looking for Ganyu, thankfully she came to me eventually but I was MAD! because a cryo waifu was the ultimate piece in my team, I don't need Hu Tao technically speaking, but I want her anyway, but when Ganyu not only I desperately needed her, I desperately wanted her too.

last edited at Feb 12, 2021 10:52AM

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

I'm so happy for you that you got Ganyu - I only realised how cute she was once the event was over, damn. Anyway since I only started playing in mid-January I wouldn't have had enough rolls for her anyway in all probability, but it still kinda hurts to know that I wont be getting her for a while. Bad timing...

Ganyu's breathy voice reminds me a bit of Mamiko Noto, and that's a compliment of the highest order lol.

Will have to see who I will seriously roll for. Im also hoping for faster resin replenishment since now it's a lot of waiting to ascend stuff.

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Supposedly Hu Tao is coming soon. The next banner after Xiao will be Keqing.

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

I wonder why Hu Tao is so popular? Her design doesn't feel instantly appealing, but well, neither did Ganyu's and now I'm totally in love with her. Well... I'll have to look and see. Won't be rolling for Keqing banner that's for sure.

Also hoping that they add Inazuma soon...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I wonder why Hu Tao is so popular? Her design doesn't feel instantly appealing, but well, neither did Ganyu's and now I'm totally in love with her. Well... I'll have to look and see. Won't be rolling for Keqing banner that's for sure.

Also hoping that they add Inazuma soon...

She seems to be a funny character but what appeals to most anime fans is her VA in Japan, Rie Takahashi , same va of Megumi from Konosuba (another fire girl lol) and Emilia from ReZero.

joined May 28, 2016

Just to note that one quest in part two of the event is currently bugged and cannot be completed. Mihoyo is working on a fix though.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

^ Oh rip. Good thing I save all my requests till the day of the next stage opening lol

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I did everything else already. Guess I don't have much left to do.
Tip if you're struggling in the Arknights minigame: Hydro+Cryo first. You can use your characters too, shatter does huge damage.
You can push enemies out of bounds.
You can block them with geo constructs.
My final team: Geo MC, Amber, Chong, Xingqiu.

Got Xiao! I got an ok set on him after a bit of grinding but I don't have the mats to max him. He also needs the same flowers as Ganyu OOF
I think I'll just finish building Ganyu and Noelle. Then Zhongli and Xiao.
Not sure if Favonius, Pike, or Blackcliff for Xiao. Zhongli is apparently decent with the other Prototype too, I have Favonius on him rn.

Pretty sure I'm not getting Hu Tao and it's safe to roll in Keqing banner for Bennett.

My "best" artifact rolls and a funny glitch: https://imgur.com/a/wPnomu9

joined May 28, 2016

I want Klee though. I right now have effectively 176 wishes with her name on it. If I get her with less wishes then I'll stop spending there.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yisus there's so many quest today LOL had to leave for now and I still have 3 pending quest and the whole tower defense mechanic!

Congrats on Xiao! all these quest are giving primogens so the chances of getting Hu Tao are increasing a lot!
Xingqiu looks OP for this event, you just need Mona or a water tower and his elemental skill. .... but I won't use it!

The bug mentioned there has been fixed, only 60 apologems tho u_u

joined May 28, 2016

It's not much but it adds up though. With today's quests plus the apologem it's another free roll meaning I'm one closer to Klee. :)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

actually 176 is more than enough to get her, worst case you'll get her without constellations +another 5 stars and most likely you'll get her twice or thrice with 176 wishes.
Because the pity is 90 but is HARD to go past 80 wishes

joined Jul 26, 2020

@Rye The recommended weapon for Xiao would be Blackcliff since the stat that levels with his ascensions is crit rate. The other weapons could work but a physical damage build isn't that good on him so you'd always want one focused on stacking his burst and anemo damage. Favonius is alright since he does have trouble with his burst uptime cause he doesn't generate particles in his burst form, but doing that would mean you'd need to farm a lot more for good artifacts.

For the artifacts you should use, since I'm already talking about his build, you'd want the 2 piece anemo set and 2 piece gladiator. For the sands of eon, you'd want atk% as main stat, goblet you'd want anemo dmg bonus, and the circlet you'd want crit dmg. The substats you should prioritize would be crit rate = crit dmg > energy recharge > atk%.

Btw, the reason this build is best for him is cause his plunging dmg multipliers are incredibly high and you'd want to abuse that as much as possible. That's also why you should level his normal atk first, then his burst, and then his skill. His plunges in burst form also have the added benefit of being an AoE atk that deals two sets of dmg, one for hitting them with the plunge and one for the impact from hitting the ground. That's the other reason why his anemo build is the best one.

As my final closing statement, some advice on how to maximize his damage is by animation canceling while you're plunging. You do this by pressing attack and then immediately jumping before pressing attack again. The first hit Xiao does is 2 movements, so you can practice outside of his burst by trying it out normally. You want to jump before the 2nd movement starts. If you use his burst like that, then Xingqiu's and Beidou's bursts will work with his since he gets a normal attack in before plunging.

last edited at Feb 14, 2021 12:06PM

joined May 28, 2016

I hope Noelle gets some screen time in Mondstadt's festival that's supposed to be coming in patch 1.4.

joined Jul 26, 2020

I don't remember if anyone ever linked this but holy shit the Chinese VAs are really good singers. It's Xiao, Venti, Klee, and Qiqi singing for the song and the lyrics are in character too. You can turn on CC to see the translations. Venti especially sounds really good, like he sounds exactly like the bard he should be.

Honestly I didn't really want to play with CN voices in the beginning cause I'm biased towards the JP VAs, but since switching to Chinese, I have never regretted it. They literally sound perfect for the characters, which makes sense since the original voice is Chinese and Mihoyo would have direct oversight over the voice directing. The JP side might have more famous names, but the CN side just fits more imo.

joined May 28, 2016

I now have effectively 183 wishes toward Klee. With another 5 wishes coming in soon.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I forgot Abyss reset today LOL
Floor 11 so damn easy with Ganyu but I couldn't clear it before reset kicked me out. Floor 10 still gives me shit but Diluc can take care of most things...the problem is my awful artifacts on Xiangling for team 1. Xinyan and Amber don't have much investment, so that's out of the question...
I just need like 2 artifacts to make Xiangling usable but they just don't drop >_>

I think I'll roll for Bennett, try to get c1, save till Ayala/Klee/Mona rate up. Yeah, that's my strat... probably...

@塞雷娅
Yeah, that's what I got for him. Sub stats a bit sus as usual but I can't even level it rn.
I know his attack patterns but wasn't sure if he got anything from reactions. I kinda want to try him with Fishcl/Ganyu as well.
I assume he goes well with Jean/Barbara. Which is nice...I thought I would bench Barbs for a long time.

joined May 28, 2016

How's everyone doing on the Tower Defense minigame? I just finished difficulty 5 and all related quests today.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I've been using a guide from a trusted youtuber, which is mostly "build a water and cryo tower in each side with a buffer, and when you have enough points add +pyro or elector towers close to them, theoretically this would make it so you don't need to use your character skills and if your towers are maxed you don't need to build more than 12. YET once in a while one will manage to do a Neo move from Matrix and avoid all damage running through the door... In such cases the GEO mc, Jean or my trusted Ganyu will keep them in place so they don't escape the pyro tower range.

Overall is a lot of fun, the anemo tower however is BS and should be avoided lo/ the mines are the trump cards against the worse opponents like frozen mages or geo slimes.

As for the Abyss... uhhhgg... I guess I'll do it? one of these days =_=)

last edited at Feb 16, 2021 2:55PM

joined May 28, 2016

I like the physical tower myself and its huge range. It being effective versus geo enemies is also a bonus.

Don't ignore the buffing towers. They provide a 75% bonus to tower damage and when maxed can stack.

last edited at Feb 17, 2021 12:22AM

joined Jul 26, 2020

You shouldn't be avoiding the anemo tower that much lol. I've basically AFK'ed the game mode up to now by putting down hydro + cryo + anemo for the first wave and then adding pyro towers afterwards. The anemo towers are really good for slowing down the running mobs and stalling mobs in general. Basically with that setup + a mine set behind, it's impossible to leak any enemies. Also tbh while electro towers are decent, they're the ones I end up avoiding the most cause pyro really is the MVP when it comes to dishing out damage. If you have any electro towers by the last wave of the really big dudes, you might be in trouble. It's better to replace them at the end so that you can kill them faster. The best setup is generally 2 hydro, 2 cryo, 1 anemo, and 2 pyro towers for everything tbh.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Now that the tower booster is out, AFK strats are even easier. I did everything right after reset, waiting for new missions.

I don't completely avoid Electro towers because they're cost effective against smaller enemies. You can just replace them later. Also, Overload can be helpful sometimes.

Pyro towers are so unreliable! They have the best stats but their accuracy is like using a hand cannoneer from AoE2.

joined May 28, 2016

Pyro towers seem more effective versus big and slow enemies. Faster ones like the hilichurl berserkers and samachurls need other towers to take care of them. Of course pyro elemental slimes are also immune to them as well.

On an unrelated note despite the fact that mushrooms aren't plants they give lantern fibers. Although people here probably already knew that.

last edited at Feb 17, 2021 5:01PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Xiao being broken for 10 seconds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAzGpZwjS_Q

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Finally got Ningguang today from the lantern event... Nice. Now I can have both Beidou and Ningguang in the same party ^_^

Also playing tower defense on co-op is pretty sweet. The co-op mode really works well and gives a distinct advantage on difficult domain challenges. Been playing Genshin with a friend whom I wasn't in all that much contact with previously, so this game has even had social benefits :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.