Forum › Animal ears discussion

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

It is sure impressive how little nekogirl yuri we have, it's the perfect combination in the world.
We need more. MORE!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Catgirls are justice. Neko girls are truth.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 2:47AM

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Animal ears are cute, but if they also have human ears at the same time it's annoying.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Animal ears are cute, but if they also have human ears at the same time it's annoying.

So much this. The only context where double ears are acceptable is when they're explicitly an artificial extra - say cybernetic implants or some kind of magical side effect - else they're plain gross and speak of criminal lack of effort and thought put into the design; "glue on extra ears and done hurr".

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

By magical side effect I assume you mean they come out in response to magical or other paranormal abilities like witches from the Strike Witches series right? There's also the possibility of non-functional animal ears which would make the kemonomimi more closer to normal humans except with additional parts like tails, horns, animal ears... Then of course we have shapeshifters which can assume human form too...

joined Sep 28, 2017

I really don't see the point of the animal ears. Unless they play an important role in the plot, they are useless. There are lots of works with regular plots but for some reason the characters have those ears.
It's literally like saying "Normal words... But animal ears!"

I know they're supposed to make the characters "cuter" but using them just for the sake of using them is ridiculous.

Also I don't like them. I really dislike those ears.

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 7:26AM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Also I don't like them. I really dislike those ears.

Yeah, I'd say that was pretty obvious lol

I do agree, though, that it's silly to add animal ears just for the sake of it. I do sometimes find them to be very cute, but unless they have some purpose in the story (like, there is actually a reason for them to exist and the character being half-human –or whatever they are– is actually relevant to the plot) then it's plain unnecessary.

I will also state my dislike for the combination of human and animal ears, not only because it looks disturbing, but also because it really gives the impression that the animal ears were unneeded and were only added for extra cuteness.

To reply you must either login or sign up.