Forum › Transgender yuri shipps

joined Mar 5, 2018

I would like to know if have some MTF couples here, I feel myself a bit sad because of some comments I see here calling transgender women as "traps", it's sad because I'm a trangender girl and I like to know what all of you thinks about this <3

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

We have a tag for transgender characters and a few yuri stories with transwomen (sadly, too few). This one might be one of my favorite things ever.

last edited at Apr 3, 2018 7:49PM

joined Mar 5, 2018

We have a tag for transgender characters and a few yuri stories with transwomen (sadly, too few). This one might be one of my favorite things ever.

I'm glad that there is some stories, it's sad the discrimination that we transgender have to pass on our daily life ;-;

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Just would like to say that what western call "traps" (this term isn't used in Japan) aren't really trans most of the time, since the characters identify themselves as men. They're more like crossdresser. Although some could say that some trans persons would act like that for lack of acceptance, but since we're talking about characters, the author's view is important.
There's some offensive cases, though, like the one in Bland S.
Actual trans characters are rare in anime and manga. And when they do appear, it's pretty low key, so we don't know if they're really intended as that.

last edited at Apr 3, 2018 8:07PM

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Unfortunately, most examples I can think of aren't translated, but in case you or anyone else who's interested happen to read Japanese (or if they eventually do get translated), here are some I've come across:

Tomiko no Kimochi - An important side character is transgender and has a girlfriend. A surprisingly realistic and respectful depiction.

Otome Danshi ni Koi suru Otome - Female main character falls in love with a "pretty onee-san", who turns out to be biologically male. Though not outright stated, "he" (as he refers to himself) appears to be agender, but leaning female. Enjoyable, though with a fair share of jokes regarding the issue.

Uchi no Danna wa Oyome-san - Female MC is married to an untransitioned MTF "man", who switches between male and female mode, depending on the situation (e.g. male for work meetings etc.). Haven't finished it, but it seemed worth the read. Slight [Het] warning though, as people tend to swoon for the "male" mode.

Half and Half (Nanami Mao) - Translated - MC is in love with her childhood friend, who as an adult came out as transgender. A strange mix of realistic and idealistic/tropey, but worth the read. As has been mentioned in other threads, however, the transgender character is mainly referred to as "he", though I don't know if the author or translation is to blame.

Edit: (And if y'all don't mind pre-transition smut in text form, I might as well shill my own writing.)

last edited at Apr 4, 2018 10:38AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

One example I can think of is Kyou Kara Yonshimai, which deals with the single brother of a family of siblings coming out as a pre-transitional MtF transgender, who is also revealed to have a girlfriend. Probably the only example I can think of that deals with the issue of sex in a serious manner (ie. Even though my mind is a girl, would my lesbian girlfriend still love me with my current body?) Granted, most series that take transgender seriously probably don't want to focus too heavily on the sex aspect, what with its emphasis on what the body has and everything.

joined Mar 5, 2018

One example I can think of is Kyou Kara Yonshimai, which deals with the single brother of a family of siblings coming out as a pre-transitional MtF transgender, who is also revealed to have a girlfriend. Probably the only example I can think of that deals with the issue of sex in a serious manner (ie. Even though my mind is a girl, would my lesbian girlfriend still love me with my current body?) Granted, most series that take transgender seriously probably don't want to focus too heavily on the sex aspect, what with its emphasis on what the body has and everything.

I am a pre-transitional MtF transgender,about the sex aspect, my boyfriends and girlfriends never saw a problem in that stuff, I'm always bottom XD, but my relationships were always respectful on my body situation, both boys and girls who I dated

To reply you must either login or sign up.