Forum › Dynasty Image Gallery userscript

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Hi all! I made a userscript that allows you to browse images on this site much more easily using a modal image viewer with next/previous buttons, similar to Instagram et al. See screenshots!

Installation

1. Install the Tampermonkey browser extension, or Greasemonkey if you're on Firefox.
  2. Click this link, which should open a Tampermonkey prompt for you to install the script. Do so.
  3. Enjoy!

Screenshots/Howto

Hovering over an image thumbnail now shows an expand icon.

Click on the icon to open the viewer. Click on the left/right of the image to go back/forward. Click anywhere outside the image or press Escape to close.

Other cool userscripts

Dynasty Mark Read: a userscript that marks links to chapters you've already read

Bugs/issues

Let me know if you find any issues here and I'll do my best to fix them. I do use my own extensions, so reporting bugs helps me too :)

last edited at Aug 9, 2017 12:50AM

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Yo, this is cool. Very nice, my man.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

With these userscripts you're making it might be a good idea to convert my stickied Dynasty Thingifier thread into a general Dynasty userscripts thread instead. That way your threads won't get buried and we wouldn't need half a trillion stickied threads either.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

With these userscripts you're making it might be a good idea to convert my stickied Dynasty Thingifier thread into a general Dynasty userscripts thread instead. That way your threads won't get buried and we wouldn't need half a trillion stickied threads either.

I think that's a pretty good idea. I think it would be best to have links to all three in the first comment in the thread, so would you be willing to edit that to add them? Maybe three headers with details under each and appropriate links?

If you need me to change the title of the stickied thread, just let me know.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

I think that's a pretty good idea. I think it would be best to have links to all three in the first comment in the thread, so would you be willing to edit that to add them? Maybe three headers with details under each and appropriate links?

If you need me to change the title of the stickied thread, just let me know.

Yup, if cyricc's up for it my idea is to have a post for each userscript in the thread then put a link to the relevant posts in the OP plus a short description. So I'd move my current OP to a new post and link that in the OP and Cyricc would duplicate the OP from each of their userscript threads into the uscerscript thread (or do that for future ones and I'll just find the thread for the other one and grab the links for both) and I'll link those there. As for the title, something like "General Dynasty Userscripts" or something would definitely fit better. Or something else if someone's got a better title.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, there's really two options.

First is unpin the current one and start a new thread with all three together, and the first three comments in it are the Thingifier, the gallery script and the mark read script. That will then be stickied in place of the old one.

The other is to retain the current thread, but edit the first post in it to include all three projects. It'd be a pretty long post though, so that's the main disadvantage.

So you guys work it out and just let me know which way you go with it.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Well, there's really two options.

First is unpin the current one and start a new thread with all three together, and the first three comments in it are the Thingifier, the gallery script and the mark read script. That will then be stickied in place of the old one.

The other is to retain the current thread, but edit the first post in it to include all three projects. It'd be a pretty long post though, so that's the main disadvantage.

So you guys work it out and just let me know which way you go with it.

Either of these are totally OK with me.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

cyricc posted:

Either of these are totally OK with me.

If you'd like to copy over your OPs from your two user scripts to my thread then I'll get the OP of that one fixed up then. Or if you don't feel like copying them over just let me know and I'll link to the OP of this thread and the one for your other user script when I get to things tomorrow morning.

To reply you must either login or sign up.