Forum › Made a userscript that marks already read chapters in author/doujin/tag/other lists

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Hi all, I made a userscript that greys out chapters marked as Read when viewing chapter lists. I find this super useful when browsing by tags or doujins and hope it can help make your yuri reading experience a little more efficient.

To install:

1. Install the Tampermonkey browser extension, or Greasemonkey if you're on Firefox.
  2. Install the script. Tampermonkey should prompt you to install the script; do so.
  3. Enjoy!

Screenshots

last edited at Aug 6, 2017 6:31AM

xXDANK_WEEABOOXx
13ff86ae-9535-4a82-a54c-db04b6d0a01d
joined Jul 13, 2017

Hi! Can you do the same plugin, but instead of marking chapters that you red, it marks doujiins that are gay af and if you click on it it destroy your hard drive?

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Good shit, my dude.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

This is amazing. You are amazing. I'm not though, so I have to ask... how the heck do I download this? Do I need to make a Github account first?

Hi! Can you do the same plugin, but instead of marking chapters that you red, it marks doujiins that are gay af and if you click on it it destroy your hard drive?

xXDANK_WEEABOOXx speaks the truth. I too would love to read doujins that are so damn gay that they make my hard drive explode. I don't know how that'd happen, but, you know, I'm sure it has happened to someone.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

This is amazing. You are amazing. I'm not though, so I have to ask... how the heck do I download this? Do I need to make a Github account first?

As long as you have Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey installed on your browser, you should be able to just click the install link in step 2 and it should pop up a window asking you to confirm installation of the script. If that link is instead opening a text file or starting a file download, make sure Tampermonkey is properly installed and enabled in your browser extensions.

You shouldn't need to register an account to install the script.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

As long as you have Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey installed on your browser, you should be able to just click the install link in step 2 and it should pop up a window asking you to confirm installation of the script. If that link is instead opening a text file or starting a file download, make sure Tampermonkey is properly installed and enabled in your browser extensions.

You shouldn't need to register an account to install the script.

Ah, I am an idiot, I completely ignored the instructions and wasted your time with a ridiculously dumb question... well, at any rate, I installed it now and everything's going swimmingly. Thanks again for taking the time to program this!

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Yw, I'm glad someone else finds this useful!

I made an improvement to the algorithm that makes it run much much faster on large lists (from O(n) to O(1) network requests, for those programmatically inclined). Also made it work on search results pages. If you were using the script before this, click the install link again to try it out!

last edited at Jul 28, 2017 9:06PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

What is Nez waiting to pin this topic ? Awesome work.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

My first thought when I saw this thread's title was "Oh yes, a new Mochi au Lait series!" :D

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Hey guys, one more update -- script now works on chapters with thumbnails as well, such as those on the main page (see screenshot in OP). Anyone who was using the script, please click the install link again! This update covers the remaining missing functionality I can think of, so this should be the last time, promise! Probably.

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

I just discovered this now, this is an amazing feat of programming, clearly the second wheel. Thanks!

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I installed it but it doesn't work :( After installation I picked random story to read and later checked if hover will change color. Still looks the same ;/

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I installed it but it doesn't work :( After installation I picked random story to read and later checked if hover will change color. Still looks the same ;/

Not sure if this is your problem, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually detect whether or not you've read a chapter, just whether you've added it to your "read" reading list.

last edited at Aug 18, 2017 7:22PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.