Forum › Posts by SushiKnight

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Nagiwww7-1500362841919942657-img1

Lisa radiates that Ara Ara onee-san, "your daughter calls me mommy too" energy.

Which I'm certainly not going to complain about.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Monhun

^ I'm more surprised when there is MonHun yuri. Or anything other than regular ol' fan art, usually of the monsters (which is often really good, but I digress).

On a different note, I know the one in back is wearing the Kirin set but I'm not quite certain what the other one is. My guess is Teostra?

last edited at Mar 17, 2022 9:26PM

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Yurerugin-1502595394500321285-img1

Hecatia might have the silliest hat in all of 2hu. And that's really saying something.

I adore her design anyway.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Mizukitoko-1500405051705430024-img1

^https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

last edited at Mar 14, 2022 2:33PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I'm fed up with these «courses» to hire a ho to do every single thing under the sky except what a ho is by def supposed to do.
Isn't there a «course» to, you know, fuck??
Someone introduce Makino to Asumi-chan, for Asumi to give her the address of her brothel. That's one ok brothel, nothing like Maron's.

Yes, there's a course to fuck. I'm not sure why the existence of other options makes you so furious. Strange as it may sound, some people aren't obsessed with sex or desperate to have it.

On a related note, your use of "ho" isn't very endearing.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Takayama sure is a slacker hmm. Makes ya wonder why he even became a teacher

I bet a good number of kids going towards the teaching route didn't necessarily make their best choice, or made the least bad choice out of possible choices for them, etc. so they end up jaded. Maybe that's the case with our guy, haha, an infinity of possibilities :)

On the contrary, I think most aspiring teachers (in the U.S. at least) go into the field because they're passionate about teaching. I know a family of teachers (including my oldest friend), who have taught at all levels, and they go through a lot for their kids. Some teachers end up getting burnt out, but I have no doubt they were all passionate about teaching when they started.

It's certainly not a job that pays even close to commensurate with its value or it's workload. Nobody goes into teaching to make an easy buck, especially since it's not easy to get certified.

Honestly, judging from all the war stories I've heard, I think the main thing that wears teachers down is having to deal with parents and co-workers. :P

SushiKnight
SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Kiriuzasu_7766139_p0

Satori can smell your fear read your nervousness.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Kukie_nyan-1501340812696715264-img1

^^ YMD = Yes, my derriere.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Zedgawr-1501075536612839424-img1

@Yasako I remember reading a story about some kids hiring prostitutes to play Halo with them. Just go with that instead.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
96818998_p0

I don't see anything under that apron. Lumine knew this would happen.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
95855688_p0

^Probably Mumei.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
96547868_p0

Kiara is on tip-toes because she's trying to look at something behind Calli.

It's the only explanation.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Mangadex without comments is really making me sad, on the other hand, there was a lot of toxicity, spam and PM harassment back then, so I understand why they want to make it right or not release it right away.

But then again I'm reading Watashi ga Motenai and it feels lonely... My Crossdressing senpai makes lots of good turns and REALLY bad ones too, the comments would be fun and I can share my frustration and so many yuri and fantasy works too, not to mention, all those scan groups who can't interact with the fans unless they have a discord or give up and read the comments on aggregator sites

Oho? Somebody else reading My Crossdressing Senpai? Well how bout that.

The lack of comments on MD has certainly been unfortunate, hopefully they can get that back sometime soon. They were usually okay, and being unable to talk about shared interests always sucks.

I've been reading a variety of manhwa on the BiliBili comics app (which is probably Chinese spyware, but eh, wcyd ¯\ _ (ツ)_/¯), and while that has comment sections, they feel like they're inhabited by 12 year-olds. Nothing of value is ever said in them, it's mostly squealing about how great their waifus are or whining about something updating weekly rather than daily.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

This is a dynasty mod appreciation post.

(Protip: before saying anything on the internet, re-read it and consider whether A) it's worth saying and B) you would say it to someone much larger than you with a surly disposition and a spiked bat.)

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I don't think the relationship development was rushed but I would really like to see more from here... I would particularly like to see more exploration of how Akira feels about the polyamory and how she deals with her jealousy issues. But I think there's enough to read between the lines - interestingly I feel like it's okay that Akira doesn't show strong feelings for Mayuki outside of their triad (other than appreciating how good a kisser she is lol), because it's the context of them both loving Rin that makes Akira love and appreciate Mayuki more. And Mayuki comes to a deeper appreciation of Akira than her original senpai crush as she sees how far Akira will go for Rin. The triangle is actually stronger for this I think, because they're not just invested in each other as three pairings but also each in the other's relationship with their third partner, though again it'd be nice to see Akira adjusting as the one for whom this didn't come as naturally. Luckily Mayuki is definitely very invested in Akira/Rin and will make sure they have plenty of time together!

And I definitely don't think Rin reciprocating Akira's feelings came out of nowhere, she had only been thinking of her as a precious friend but given her polyamorous proclivities it makes sense that that friendship-love could easily become romantic love. Sometimes you don't have a full crush on someone but they confess and you're like "I do already love you so let's give this a shot!" She says she didn't reject the confession out of a lack of interest, after all, but because she was afraid of hurting Akira and Mayuki by choosing one or the other.

That is my meta anyway. I would love to see at least some short continuations, maybe with them being older... also Akira and Rin were the only pair that didn't get to kiss with tongue and I think that should be rectified!!

This is a great analysis, and for the most part I think you're spot-on. There's some things I do disagree with though.

An exploration of Akira's feelings is, to me, not just something I'd have liked to see. Rather, it's the missing piece that was left out of the story. It was a key aspect that needed to be addressed, and while one could say it was there if you read between the lines, it's too important to the story to be be left ambiguous.

The driving force behind the story's conflict is the pain of Rin's past experiences with others' refusal to accept her polyamory. She did everything she could to keep herself from falling in love because she never encountered somebody who'd been okay with her loving more than one person. That's why, when she learns that Mayuki might be similar to her, she lowers her defenses and opens up, eventually falling for Mayuki entirely.

Akira, on the other hand, vehemently opposed polyamory, right up until the point where she just... didn't.

Rin accepting Akira would be fine if Akira had accepted Rin, but reciprocating Akira's feelings should be impossible when she was behaving exactly the same way as all the friends that ended up hurting Rin in the past. Akira never went through any growth that would have lead to her accepting the fact that Rin would never be able to choose her and her alone.

Frankly, if you look at how many people say they didn't like Akira, even after the story ended, it's fairly plain to see that she was heavily shortchanged in the character-development department.

It's such a shame, too. Canno had done a fine job with developing Rin and Mayuki, I was eager to see Akira earn her place by Rin's side. I'm certain she could have had a great story of her own, but she never got the time to have it.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I'm gray ace, and while I don't feel like this represents my personal experience especially closely, I can see how other ace people could feel it matches them accurately.
While I don't want to speak for aromantic or demisexual people, I also wonder if Takebe might resonate more for them than she did me.

The confusing thing about asexuality as compared to most other sexualities is it's a term that stands for a very wide range of experiences. It's difficult to define the absence or near absence of sexual desires, and oftentimes it comes with some minutiae or caveats that can be very different for different people.

Personally, it took me a very long time to really figure it out for myself, which I think would certainly have been easier if it was something people were given more of a chance to even know exists.
(Actually, it was only after seeing the term "gray-ace" on these very forums that I began finding out there's even a term for what I feel lol)

With that in mind, I'm very appreciative of people's readings of asexuality in this manga (and others), regardless of what the author may or may not have intended.

also fwiw I don't think there's a strong reason to give this an asexuality tag. There might be an ace protagonist, or perhaps two, but the work doesn't concern itself with that.

edit:

That's what happens when 90% of "yuri" in eastern media is just fetishized queer baiting. It breaks my poor queer heart if that's the case. Ace people just aren't represented nearly enough despite being 5% of the population. Either way, it was good and I'm optimistic in my mind!

Let's not pretend western media is much better at writing stories about queer people. Most of the time they can't even write stories about non-white people. :P
It's more like "that's what you get when the writers for all media disproportionately represent the majority" lol

I know three different ace people who recommended this for being very true to their experience - they're the entire reason I read it. So...I dunno, I think it's better to just take the good and roll with it, rather than go too much into things we really have no idea about

That's my general philosophy. I've found that speaking for other people tends to result in me sticking my foot in my mouth out of well-meaning ignorance.

last edited at Mar 2, 2022 8:09PM

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Czasjbarts-1497174459102285830-img1

Is this a parody of a k-drama? It looks like one.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Fr0zennnnnnet-1497896310477066242-img1

^^Definitely what she's thinking. Even though she also has the crest of flames.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Hell0120-1450428700177022982-img1

Is it time for me to scream about HecaJun again?

I think it's time for me to scream about HecaJun again.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa my girls, I love them so much.
(╥﹏╥)

last edited at Feb 27, 2022 7:01PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Oh boy, a DOTA patch!

Oh no, a DOTA patch!

RIP Goblin Techies. You were with us not for a good time, but a time nonetheless.

edit: For those who don't understand this great tragedy, DOTA is a game that started as a Warcraft 3 mod. It's like League of Legends, but it was made years prior, and early League cribbed a lot from old DOTA.
DOTA is an incredible game with a dreadfully mismanaged pro scene (in comparison to League), a sizable following (but nothing as enormous as League's), and one exceptionally mediocre anime that was probably made for the sole purpose of having a DOTA anime out before Riot could finish up Arcane.
(The only ones that can surpass the hatred League of Legends fans feel for DOTA is us DOTA fans. It's a complicated relationship.)

So one of the playable characters in DOTA, Techies, got a big rework in the latest patch.

See, the thing about Techies is nobody actually likes Techies. In fact nearly everyone hates them. Their abilities all revolve around explosions, particularly laying invisible mines that tend to make games take way longer than they need to. A thirty minute game might become a two hour game if there's a Techies in it. That's not hyperbole or exaggeration. And there's no option to surrender.

The heart and soul of Techies, however, was exploding themselves. They were based on the goblin sapper squad from Warcraft 2 and 3 whose sole attack was to detonate, killing themselves and dealing a large amount of damage to everything around them. It was announced several days before the patch that Techies would be getting a rework (and there was much rejoicing, and also jokes and/or serious requests that the rework just be their removal from the game). Personally, I figured there'd be changes to their mines, maybe they'd replace some of those abilities with non-mine abilities, and they did. I also figured they would NOT remove the ability to blow themselves up, partly because that goes against their legacy, and partly because it wasn't even the problem to begin with, but they did.

Of course, the rework is probably more to make them pickable in pro matches than it is to make them less annoying to low-skill scrubs like me, so I better start seeing some Techies picks, or this whole thing was for nothing.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

last edited at Feb 24, 2022 6:36PM

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Eredhen1-1490180039425466368-img1

She just wants some of that cotton candy, obviously. That pink, fluffy cotton candy.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Kianamaiart-1487265317986258950-img1

^I mostly just enjoy the idea of Jessie x Delia as being an "If I can't have your Pikachu I'll have your mom instead" sort of situation.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

There's only one thing you need to understand about boku. Don't watch the anime

Unrelated but I lost my virginity while watching that anime, and this is 100% not a joke.

What anime are we talking about? I searched and found a dozen with boku in their names.

It's an old meme.

old by internet standards, anyways.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Up til now the MO of this manga could be summed up with insane amounts of interuptions

Or insane amounts of uselessness if you prefer.